IGNORED

Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

watching a stream of the game oleary was our man of match villa created loads of chances the penalty looked disgusting  fammys was a good finish here comes the madness of an easter weekend if we win friday we go to sheffield wednesday in the play offs

They had tons of space and really could have had a hat full. Was pretty tight up to the penalty.

We were not at our best and the formation did not really work, but hells bells the ref was so one eyed it was laughable. Villa are a good side, and they really do not need that help. We should all be applauding Max now for saving us a point.

I keep hearing they deserved to win because Max was outstanding...  :laugh:

Weird logic, because you wouldn't say that about a striker having a great game.

Last time i noticed, the keeper was a part of the team just the same.

No, shocking officials cost us today.

3 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I don't think we would have been given that penalty decision.

One of our players would have been booked for overreaction!

13 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

All I can say about that is, we were well and truly shafted by the officials today, to me it was bordering match fixing, the Ref was THAT bad! 2 of the SEVEN yellows our players received not including the other 2 for Macca and Holden were deserved but the rest were a joke, McGinn should of got another yellow in the 1st half but shock horror the Ref wasn’t at all interested, their time wasting went totally unpunished, kicking the ball away again not interested, not because it was City and me being biased but that was the most one sided Reffereing performance I have ever witnessed.

If that game was played in Italy that ref would be accused and investigated for match fixing.An appalling one sided performance that gave Villa the lift they needed while we were on top coupled with the absurd yellows he dished out.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

If that game was played in Italy that ref would be accused and investigated for match fixing.An appalling one sided performance that gave Villa the lift they needed while we were on top coupled with the absurd yellows he dished out.

Agreed, I could not believe what I was seeing, penalty swung the game for sure. My complaint would already be on its way to the FA if I was LJ.

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Penalty decision was poor yes , I had good view and player was backing in and went down . Changed momentum of the game . However Taylor should have seen red  for a bad tackle from behind . For the rest yes ref was giving strange decisions but there have been worse .

Max made 4 stunning saves and Villa hit the post , they had a lot of string chances . We had less , could have scored more ourselves . Hey look at their squad . I don’t think we should feel too down , this was always going to be a tough one . We know where we are missing some options and quality . Out big game will be Derby I guess . We are in the mix with 5 games to go and that is excellent . 

I was there’s and Matty’s foul was never a red, tripped him up only and rightfully picked up a yellow card. 

21 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

No way, at least in Serie A: Rubentus doesn't allow investigations about matches. In Serie B, maybe...

That being said...yeah, the decision making was really one-sided, so I can understand why so many fans are angered: you are not used to unbalanced refereeings. ?

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I keep hearing they deserved to win because Max was outstanding...  :laugh:

Weird logic, because you wouldn't say that about a striker having a great game.

Last time i noticed, the keeper was a part of the team just the same.

No, shocking officials cost us today.

Completely agree. For some reason people seem to think that the team that creates the most chances is the one that deserves to win the game. But it’s all about taking them, and if our goalkeeper was able to deny them and their strikers were not able to convert, then they haven’t demonstrated the necessary skill to win the game.

The penalty clearly made a critical difference to the outcome and therefore we have every right to feel aggrieved.

2nd best second half after it could have been 2-2 first half.

They turned it up second half and their winger in particular caused all sorts of problems. Houriha could have had a hat trick.

Credit to O'Leary after all the talk being he was the weak link, he stopped a repeat of last season.

You want to get something out of Villa, like Weimann said, you need to score twice. One goal on target and not good enough. No shame in that.

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Completely agree. For some reason people seem to think that the team that creates the most chances is the one that deserves to win the game. But it’s all about taking them, and if our goalkeeper was able to deny them and their strikers were not able to convert, then they haven’t demonstrated the necessary skill to win the game.

The penalty clearly made a critical difference to the outcome and therefore we have every right to feel aggrieved.

They created the most chances and took them? 

Oh dear how sad what a shame

Sad over-emotional remark you've either been on the Tennents Super all day or your suffering from an austere bout of myopia

Was the referee culpable for Bristol mustering 1 attempt on target or should we point the finger at “the lino”

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

They took a chance and they were handed a penalty. Quite literally! 

I'm lost. They had 5 or 6 gilt edged chances, O'Leary was world class...and they scored more...yet they didn't deserve the win?

They're a cut above. We worked hard and competed for large spells, but 2nd half they were just better. It happens.

7 minutes ago, Rapax said:

I'm lost. They had 5 or 6 gilt edged chances, O'Leary was world class...and they scored more...yet they didn't deserve the win?

They're a cut above. We worked hard and competed for large spells, but 2nd half they were just better. It happens.

They were very good indeed, when their tails were up. Goals change matches, it’s as simple as that.

At times they were insanely good going forward, but equally just about every one of our players got in to a position were they could not make a tackle in case of a second yellow. A neutral might well say they should have won easier in the end, but they won  2-1, becuase of literally being handed a penalty. It was always going to be tough, and the ref made it a lot harder than that. 

17 minutes ago, Rapax said:

They didn’t deserve the penalty. It wasn’t a penalty Is it that easy to loose you!? 

They are on a good run of results but class above, really. Are you a Villa fan? 

It is about goals and luck at the business end and they got a huge slice. With the pen and Weimanns goal.

Max had a great game it is what he gets paid for bless him and he may be our number one sooner than later  

We go again as LJ says  

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

They didn’t deserve the penalty. It wasn’t a penalty Is it that easy to loose you!? 

They are on a good run of results but class above, really. Are you a Villa fan? 

It is about goals and luck at the business end and they got a huge slice. With the pen and Weimanns goal.

Max had a great game it is what he gets paid for bless him and he may be our number one sooner than later  

We go again as LJ says  

Surely even as fans, we’re allowed to be honest? Villa deserved to win today.

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Surely even as fans, we’re allowed to be honest? Villa deserved to win today.

I am being honest they got a very very very very dodgy pen and scored a goal. We had a very borderline decision go against us in Weimanns goal that would have been a momentum/game changer. 

It seems that some are implying they deserved a dodgy pen for missing all their other chances. 

3 hours ago, Rapax said:

The only reason they scored more is because they were given an appalling penalty decision. It was a crucial decision that had a critical impact on the outcome of the match.

The team that deserves to win is the one that scores the most goals, not the one that creates the most chances. If they haven’t demonstrated the ability to take their chances while our goalkeeper has succeeded in preventing them scoring, then they don’t “deserve” to win the game.

Archived