Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

Just now, Desso said:

I stand by my comment.

Yet we wouldn’t of scored if Weimann didn’t head it to him? Strange

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet we wouldn’t of scored if Weimann didn’t head it to him? Strange

Do you think Weimann intentionally passed it to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful touch to be honest. 

Fortunate it went in to the goal... 

Just now, Desso said:

Do you think Weimann intentionally passed it to him?

No, he tried to find an Aston villa player, forgetting he'd left them, and inadvertently found Fammy... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Desso said:

Do you think Weimann intentionally passed it to him?

FFS seriously? Who gives a toss, we scored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Desso said:

Waste of time passing it to him. Might as well pass it to the opposition.

This needed a thread of its own? 

🤫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Famara has been the standout performer over this run, so important to the way we play. Great he scored shame ref was so awful.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedSA said:

This needed a thread of its own? 

🤫

Yes. Desso needed the whole forum to be aware he doesn't want Famara to play for our football club. Now we know. Feel better? I do. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Desso said:

JBFC11 does

I bet it really hurt seeing him score didn’t it, he’s been one of our best players of late and was superb midweek yet, has an ok game today and you feel like having a pop at him :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fam had a poor first half but grew into the game. Not his best performance. 

Think LJ got it wrong with Taylor playing. Once Weimann went up front next to Fam we looked a bit more dangerous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random stat; Famara Diédhiou has scored for us this season at at  all three of the West Midlands grounds; The Hawthorns, St Andrew's and now Villa Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only numpties don't rate the bloke from Knowle but he was poor first half today, possibly because he had noone (who is a red!) alongside him

2nd half he was better despite some poor touches and deserved the goal that deserved to be an equaliser and a point won. Hey Ho! , some refs are shocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Only numpties don't rate the bloke from Knowle but he was poor first half today, possibly because he had noone (who is a red!) alongside him

2nd half he was better despite some poor touches and deserved the goal that deserved to be an equaliser and a point won. Hey Ho! , some refs are shocking. 

Fam? Knowle? A Wester is he?  Noone, agree there's no point playing a bloke from Herman's Hermits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Another goal for the shit striker. Not a goal scorer at all. 

Now I know you wont like this but 12 goals all season does not make you a good striker, his contribution to the team and his work rate can not be questioned, he has scored about half the goals that other top six teams strikers have, what do you think the reason for that is? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pillred said:

Now I know you wont like this but 12 goals all season does not make you a good striker, his contribution to the team and his work rate can not be questioned, he has scored about half the goals that other top six teams strikers have, what do you think the reason for that is? 

Probably because his shots didn’t go in I’d imagine? Not every striker is prolific, and will score 20 every season, I for one can appreciate and relate to an extent to what he brings to the side having been a similar sort of striker myself (minus the often bad first touch and more goals too!) and he’s getting better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think fammy just like kodja needed a season to bed in to english football looking at fammy he gets stronger every game just looking forward soooo much to next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pillred said:

Now I know you wont like this but 12 goals all season does not make you a good striker, his contribution to the team and his work rate can not be questioned, he has scored about half the goals that other top six teams strikers have, what do you think the reason for that is? 

Also worth mentioning he missed first 6 games?

He has, for the majority, of the season also played up top on his own which we all know hasn’t suited him. This will be 2 consecutive season where he has had a reasonable return yet many all season have called him shite. 

He isn’t amazing or a top striker at this level - that was never my point. I don’t think he is a natural finisher at all - and he isn’t a Gayle or Rodriguez etc. But he is a valuable player for us and despite not playing a position that suited him, he has received a lot of unwarranted criticism. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Also worth mentioning he missed first 6 games?

He has, for the majority, of the season also played up top on his own which we all know hasn’t suited him. This will be 2 consecutive season where he has had a reasonable return yet many all season have called him shite. 

He isn’t amazing or a top striker at this level - that was never my point. I don’t think he is a natural finisher at all - and he isn’t a Gayle or Rodriguez etc. But he is a valuable player for us and despite not playing a position that suited him, he has received a lot of unwarranted criticism. 

Agree 100% he definitely brings benefits to the team he definitely isn't shite, I'm just a little disappointed with his goals for tally that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

i think fammy just like kodja needed a season to bed in to english football looking at fammy he gets stronger every game just looking forward soooo much to next season 

This is his second season though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pillred said:

Agree 100% he definitely brings benefits to the team he definitely isn't shite, I'm just a little disappointed with his goals for tally that's all.

Its about where was expected I think - he isn't a natural finisher. Clearly not in the team for purely that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Id rather we just say ok we spent 5. 2mill. Most ever. Didn't work and sell him on to a league 1 club and finally get strikers in

If we sold him he would go to another championship club for at least what we paid for him, IMHO. He ain't perfect but he is decent at this level. Not outstanding, but decent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Id rather we just say ok we spent 5. 2mill. Most ever. Didn't work and sell him on to a league 1 club and finally get strikers in

Utterly clueless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

If we sold him he would go to another championship club for at least what we paid for him, IMHO. He ain't perfect but he is decent at this level. Not outstanding, but decent.

He's more than adequate for this level.

Problem is the more simple minded among the fans think the only part of a forwards game is scoring goals.

For clarity Diedhiou didn't have a great game today. But he has shown his ability to bring other players into play, and is a solid basis to build an attack on.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

For clarity Diedhiou didn't have a great game today. But he has shown his ability to bring other players into play, and is a solid basis to build an attack on.

The problem is that most of the time all he does do is bring others into play. He's a holding attacker. Which is why 4-5-1 has not worked because all we would do in that was build the attacks off Diedhiou that were easy to guess with patience. Thus bringing Weimann up front was obvious and had an immediate return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sephjnr said:

The problem is that most of the time all he does do is bring others into play. He's a holding attacker. Which is why 4-5-1 has not worked because all we would do in that was build the attacks off Diedhiou that were easy to guess with patience. Thus bringing Weimann up front was obvious and had an immediate return.

I think the Football Manager term for him is a "defensive forward"

He's a pivot, which in a 4-5-1 isn't necessarily bad, as long a the players are making the runs.

We need players to make the runs from midfield like Ramsey does at Arsenal. We rarely have the CMs making the runs forward as Ramsey does, but I think someone like Brownhill could pull that role off.

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not bad if it's used sparingly. We were lumping him up front with the subtlety of a Gary Grenade, and stuck with that for too many games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2019 at 16:33, Desso said:

Waste of time passing it to him. Might as well pass it to the opposition.

For some reason, LJ will not drop him to the bench, let's try some other attacking options, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

If we sold him he would go to another championship club for at least what we paid for him, IMHO. He ain't perfect but he is decent at this level. Not outstanding, but decent.

I really don't think another championship club would pay 5m for him - that would be stupid on their part. Absolutely no chance of that happening imo.

He's nowhere near that level.

2M would be pushing it and I'd bite the arm off of any club that offered that.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt on another day at least 2 of his attempts would have gone in, but why is he still operating as a loan striker? Every defence in the championship knows he is not a big danger alone, why does our management not manage the situation? It’s getting to the point he should become the impact sub due to the chances he can’t convert because he has no support!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

For some reason, LJ will not drop him to the bench, let's try some other attacking options, 

Come on then, like who? Sorry mate but you haven’t got a f’ing clue what your chatting about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Come on then, like who? Sorry mate but you haven’t got a f’ing clue what your chatting about.

This is the problem.

Matty Taylor is not going to get goals consistently at this level, he certainly isn't good enough to playing for a side chasing promotion.....and Ipswich Rotherham Bolton maybe....but he certainly wouldn't get into Millwalls, QPR etc first xi. 

Weimann is hard work centre forward but not a striker. Will get and create goals but not a 20 goal a season striker.

We need to invest in a quality striker this summer. Fammy IMO is not a 5.2 mil striker but with a top quality striker would benefit both and the side.

MUST be the priority this summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lez said:

This is the problem.

Matty Taylor is not going to get goals consistently at this level, he certainly isn't good enough to playing for a side chasing promotion.....and Ipswich Rotherham Bolton maybe....but he certainly wouldn't get into Millwalls, QPR etc first xi. 

Weimann is hard work centre forward but not a striker. Will get and create goals but not a 20 goal a season striker.

We need to invest in a quality striker this summer. Fammy IMO is not a 5.2 mil striker but with a top quality striker would benefit both and the side.

MUST be the priority this summer

I’m going to disagree with this bit, imo his best performances for us have been when he’s been played as a striker, was scoring for fun at the beginning of the season before he was unfairly moved to the wing where his performances dropped and goals dried up, not his fault as he’s not a winger imo, always gives 100% no matter where he’s asked to play.

As for the 20 goals a season from him I guess we’ll never know but if he’d of played there all season I reckon he’d be close to that by now. I do agree that we need to splash out on a new striker though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I really don't think another championship club would pay 5m for him - that would be stupid on their part. Absolutely no chance of that happening imo.

He's nowhere near that level.

2M would be pushing it and I'd bite the arm off of any club that offered that.

 

 

Time will tell....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I’m going to disagree with this bit, imo his best performances for us have been when he’s been played as a striker, was scoring for fun at the beginning of the season before he was unfairly moved to the wing where his performances dropped and goals dried up, not his fault as he’s not a winger imo, always gives 100% no matter where he’s asked to play.

As for the 20 goals a season from him I guess we’ll never know but if he’d of played there all season I reckon he’d be close to that by now. I do agree that we need to splash out on a new striker though.

Had 4 goals disallowed too. Minimum of 2, perhaps all 4 wrongly.

Goals and assists? May already be pushing 20 if not for a mix of the disallowed goals plus the reasons you state. 

Interestingly, 3 of his assists plus 3 of his disallowed goals came when he was a winger- I'd argue more of a wide LM but anyway not a striker or along the front.line.

That's before we even factor in the issues of him not being an ever present say.

A clear case of a players versatility, hisflexibility benefitting the side as a whole perhaps, but not always him individually.

Fact we don't exactly always find his often excellent early runs in good time- well that can't help either.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...