IGNORED

Fammy

Desso

Give the defenders one forward to defend against with virtually no attacking mid, use your only other viable attacker on the wing, when his best position is supporting the 9 and you have our team as the opposition sees it, easy to control! Our game cries out for players like Elliason and Palmer to give the opposition defence problems and Fammy space and support to do what he can do!

We do have the answers, we could and should be higher up the table!

We can’t expect our defenders to win the game for us, the do a really good job, shake up the midfield rattle the opposition

44 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Give the defenders one forward to defend against with virtually no attacking mid, use your only other viable attacker on the wing, when his best position is supporting the 9 and you have our team as the opposition sees it, easy to control! Our game cries out for players like Elliason and Palmer to give the opposition defence problems and Fammy space and support to do what he can do!

We do have the answers, we could and should be higher up the table!

We can’t expect our defenders to win the game for us, the do a really good job, shake up the midfield rattle the opposition

One forward is or can be a red herring.

Could you lay out your proposed game plan, formation?

Weimann was no winger either. Deployed as a wideish LM during that period more like it IMO.

Agree though 100% that a lone striker needs good support, at the apex of the side.

32 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well on the bright side we won't have many clubs waiving cheque books at us this summer, what a bunch of average players we have? 

btw those that think Fammy is trash, well all I can say don't have clue about what's needed with a player in the role he plays.

......and ‘those that think’ people still use cheque books ..... (just joshing chief?!)

Whatever we fans opinion on Famara is doesn’t really count for anything. According to LJ opposition managers nearly all complement him of having such a City player leading the line. They remark that he’s a real handful to cope with being so strong and powerful with immense upper body strength.

Those of us that watch him regularly don’t alway appreciate what problems he causes and tend to only see his poor touches and consequently he gets criticised.

Having watched every home he’s played in it seems to me that he tries too hard when in possession at that can lead to him fluffing it.  I’m not sure how you go about coaching  composure tho........

On 20/04/2019 at 09:19, Redmycolour said:

Yeh Yeh Yeh, he misses more chances than he scores, it's you who hasn't a fxxking clue, and no your not my MATE 

You are out of line, answer the point about who we have to come in and score more. If we have to have 4 strikers in the squad, diedhou would be my first pick of who we go with. The service he got on friday was pretty much pathetic. Taylor has blagged a championship contract for 2 years, weimann went 6 months with barely scoring a goal, famara took a battering all season with no credible alternative, and against all expectations we have had an excellent season.

24 minutes ago, simon uk said:

You are out of line, answer the point about who we have to come in and score more. If we have to have 4 strikers in the squad, diedhou would be my first pick of who we go with. The service he got on friday was pretty much pathetic. Taylor has blagged a championship contract for 2 years, weimann went 6 months with barely scoring a goal, famara took a battering all season with no credible alternative, and against all expectations we have had an excellent season.

Right, city hasn't got a 20 goal a season striker, Fammy is not worth £5.3m that city paid for him, I think he's had it put into hrs contract, if fit he plays, as stated LJ will not drop him to the bench like he does with Taylor, 

12 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Right, city hasn't got a 20 goal a season striker, Fammy is not worth £5.3m that city paid for him, I think he's had it put into hrs contract, if fit he plays, as stated LJ will not drop him to the bench like he does with Taylor, 

Where do get any Championship proven striker for £5.3m?  

Famara was a bargain for that kind of money.

On 19/04/2019 at 17:47, steveybadger said:

If we sold him he would go to another championship club for at least what we paid for him, IMHO. He ain't perfect but he is decent at this level. Not outstanding, but decent.

No chance. I like the guy but don’t think any championship club would splash out that much on him right now

8 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Yeh I got mates, no so  bitter as you are

So you come on here wondering why LJ doesn’t drop Fammy to the bench as you think he’s crap. Yet you can’t come up with who’d come in to replace him and do the job he does. He’s not a £5.3m striker you say, that is a pittance in the Championship these days, £15m for Kodjia or £5.3m for Fammy? I know who’d I’d rather have. You clearly wouldn’t know a good striker if they hit you in the chops, you just judge FD on his goals and blind to everything else.

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So you come on here wondering why LJ doesn’t drop Fammy to the bench as you think he’s crap. Yet you can’t come up with who’d come in to replace him and do the job he does. He’s not a £5.3m striker you say, that is a pittance in the Championship these days, £15m for Kodjia or £5.3m for Fammy? I know who’d I’d rather have. You clearly wouldn’t know a good striker if they hit you in the chops, you just judge FD on his goals and blind to everything else.

Why have you got to be so affending, someone comes on here to express there opinion, and just because you don't agree you've got to be offensive, no I don't rate Fammy, he does nothing up front, when he was suspended for the first 6 games who was playing brilliantly upfront with Weimann, MT, what happened when Fammys suspension finished Taylor was dropped to the bench, unfairly as he was playing so well, and that's my opinion, 

13 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Why have you got to be so affending, someone comes on here to express there opinion, and just because you don't agree you've got to be offensive, no I don't rate Fammy, he does nothing up front, when he was suspended for the first 6 games who was playing brilliantly upfront with Weimann, MT, what happened when Fammys suspension finished Taylor was dropped to the bench, unfairly as he was playing so well, and that's my opinion, 

Sorry but what was so offending in that last post? Talking of being offended I’m pretty sure Fammy would be offended by your comments on how he according to you does ‘nothing’. Which proves my point that you clearly cannot see what his game is all about. 

I agree with you on how well we started the season when he was suspended and LJ shouldn’t of changed it just to accommodate FD, but lately when he’s played Weimann alongside Fammy we’ve seen the best of both of them, Fammy struggles when he’s played up on his own and when he’s got no support within 30yards of him, that’s not his fault.

26 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Sorry but what was so offending in that last post? Talking of being offended I’m pretty sure Fammy would be offended by your comments on how he according to you does ‘nothing’. Which proves my point that you clearly cannot see what his game is all about. 

I agree with you on how well we started the season when he was suspended and LJ shouldn’t of changed it just to accommodate FD, but lately when he’s played Weimann alongside Fammy we’ve seen the best of both of them, Fammy struggles when he’s played up on his own and when he’s got no support within 30yards of him, that’s not his fault.

Well at least we agree on one thing then, 

Archived