IGNORED

Spineless jellyfish/Scott Duncan - Merged Referee Threads

AppyDAZE

Big club syndrome, a bloody awful refereeing display. The penalty changed the game and was a shocking decision. The number of times the Villa players got away with fouls was ridiculous but as soon as it was a foul by us he couldn't wait to get the card out. As bad as the ref was Max had a blinder and kept the score respectable. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Whereas I’m not arguing that he had a shocker - it was a deserved win for them. 

They did but have to question how much the decision changed the game which was level until then. 

I won’t moan too much cos we had a shocker given for us v QPR. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

They did but have to question how much the decision changed the game which was level until then. 

I won’t moan too much cos we had a shocker given for us v QPR. 

For sure, and every ref is capable of getting a big one wrong, as he did here. It happens.

It was however so very much more than that. Was just a flat out homer. Every. Single. Time.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Whereas I’m not arguing that he had a shocker - it was a deserved win for them. 

They were on top second half before the penalty. But only those 10 minutes.

The penalty is a massive decision and the goal gives them momentum, so no surprise that after that their spirits were lifted and they then went forward again and again.

That 1 decision was the deciding point of the game.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

He did fail to show Taylor a red card though . So it was not all one way . Saw game from half way line behind the bench and the tackle was from behind and nowhere near the bell . Straight red . 

Also great view for penalty , something city fans here could not see from their corner position  Was ridiculous , player backing in and goes down . City players were rightly furious . It changed momentum of the game . 

So should of been 10v10 then, as McGinn should of gone too.

By the sound of things he falls into the Kieth Stroud category of bottling it when being put in charge of ex premier league clubs. Parachute payments = bungs = they are being rewarded for their relegation/failures!!!! Get a grip we need consistency in referees across the league.  

Archived