IGNORED

Spineless jellyfish/Scott Duncan - Merged Referee Threads

AppyDAZE

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

He'll be back at home already! - tucked up in front of the TV with his Villa shirt and his villa slippers on.

Given one or two of the other links in this thread I think he is probably just incompetent. That Bolton penalty ?

A Scotty Duncan classic, no doubt

9 minutes ago, cityal said:

He'll be back at home already! - tucked up in front of the TV with his Villa shirt and his villa slippers on.

Given one or two of the other links in this thread I think he is probably just incompetent. That Bolton penalty ?

No he's not. 

Someone left their car blocking the entrance to the Villa players and officials car park, so he's still stuck at the ground until he can get his car out.

34 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They were on top second half before the penalty. But only those 10 minutes.

The penalty was a massive decision and the goal gave them momentum, so no surprise that after that their spirits were lifted and they then went forward again and again.

That 1 decision was the deciding point of the game.

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist correcting the football parlance...

17 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Quite a soft penalty but Villa definitely deserved the win...

If you take away the penalty, which i have now watched 5 times on Sky, and still can't work out why it was given, then Villa scored once.........we also scored once.  It's bad enough putting up with incompetent officials, without having to read absurd statements like 'Villa definitely deserved the win' WTF, NO they did not  ? ?

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If you take away the penalty, which i have now watched 5 times on Sky, and still can't work out why it was given, then Villa scored once.........we also scored once.  It's bad enough putting up with incompetent officials, without having to read absurd statements like 'Villa definitely deserved the win' WTF, NO they did not  ? ?

I've said this before and i'll say it again...  the goalkeeper is a part of your team. if he makes a stack of saves it's no different to your striker getting a hat-trick.

The ref CHANGED the game and helped them all game

It makes you bl00dy sick that Villa with all the money and big names still get a ref who makes sure they win. Life is never fair but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Come LJ and the lads get ready to stuff Reading. And whatever happens they have done us proud this season.

19 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Quite a soft penalty but Villa definitely deserved the win...

This is why so many are pissed off at the decision, up until it was given the game was evenly matched, turned the game massively in Villa’s favour, and City players were quite rightly incensed at such a disgraceful decision. Amazed as I was at how obvious one sided he was I was equally amazed how he never sent any City players off, 7 yellows we had today which results in a fine I believe, yet this tosser will get his pay cheque and be back next week with no worries whatsoever, yet his joke of a performance could possibly **** up our whole season and derail us from now on in. Had he turned down Villa’s bribe before the game he’ll of witnessed a very decent game of football but he didn’t and ****** it after 10mins in.

I hope the w4nker gets his fee’s taken off him, and his next game at Chernobyl with all they dribbling gas morons singing about Eileen.

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I hope the w4nker gets his fee’s taken off him, and his next game at Chernobyl with all they dribbling gas morons singing about Eileen.

Who's Eileen? Perhaps Irene's sister.

I have seen a few people say Villa deserved the win. I think you have to he absolutely braindead to have that opinion. The fact that the “penalty” changed the game. The fact that city players could not challenge aerially without a good chance of a foul being given. The fact that the softest of fouls will get you a yellow card or be sent off. The fact that almost every time we seemed to get in a good position the ref would find some offence to whistle against us. 

You don’t think that affects the players? You don’t think that affects the tactics? Villa looked most dangerous in the lead and last 10 minutes when they could counter us because we threw pretty much 8 bodies forward. Their second goal was good football and that is why I’d say a draw would have been fair but never can i say they deserved it. Yes Max kept us in it at times but again those times were after a terrible penalty and when we had to throw bodies forward. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have seen a few people say Villa deserved the win. I think you have to he absolutely braindead to have that opinion. The fact that the “penalty” changed the game. The fact that city players could not challenge aerially without a good chance of a foul being given. The fact that the softest of fouls will get you a yellow card or be sent off. The fact that almost every time we seemed to get in a good position the ref would find some offence to whistle against us. 

You don’t think that affects the players? You don’t think that affects the tactics? Villa looked most dangerous in the lead and last 10 minutes when they could counter us because we threw pretty much 8 bodies forward. Their second goal was good football and that is why I’d say a draw would have been fair but never can i say they deserved it. Yes Max kept us in it at times but again those times were after a terrible penalty and when we had to throw bodies forward. 

Post of the day

According to the BBC site LJ spoke to the referee and asessor after the game.............apparently Weimann was NOT offside.  I wonder if LJ asked what the pen was given for,? I would sincerely like to know?  Presumeably it was deemed as a push, but i honestly am unable to see. I really like and respect Tammy Abraham, but he seemed to make a meal of very minimum contact, but ultimately it was the referee who gave it, so it's his strange decision.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

According to the BBC site LJ spoke to the referee and asessor after the game.............apparently Weimann was NOT offside.  I wonder if LJ asked what the pen was given for,? I would sincerely like to know?  Presumeably it was deemed as a push, but i honestly am unable to see. I really like and respect Tammy Abraham, but he seemed to make a meal of very minimum contact, but ultimately it was the referee who gave it, so it's his strange decision.

Not that it matters, but the penalty was not on Tammy,

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Whereas I’m not arguing that he had a shocker - it was a deserved win for them. 

Rubbish..daylight robbery.?..

Perfectly good goal scrubbed,,,softest penalty in living memory,,,,80%decisions given to Villa -i know Max had a blinder but you can't 'detract from the facts..

Were you there??

Having seen that “highlight”, what an absolutely dreadful decision. Hunt’s arms are around him as he’s being backed into, but his hands are not making any contact and the player’s not being held or prevented from moving in any way other than the fact he has backed in so much. If anything, it’s a foul for obstructing Hunt and I can see why Diedhou and O’Leary got booked for protesting.

It’s an absolute disgrace that changed the game. However, it also gives us bulletin board material for the final games and could fire us up.

Two tough games for us coming up, but it’s the same for Derby. Birmingham away will be tough and god knows which QPR will turn up. Wouldn’t expect either team to get all 6 points, setting it up nicely for Lampard to visit Ashton Gate.

I predict four points for City, Boro and Derby from the next two, meaning it will be City on 69 points (nice), Boro on 68 and Derby on 67 going into that game. I fancy us to win it quite comfortably, but also feel we’ll struggle at Millwall. Reading getting something at Boro could really help us be motivated for Millwall.

EFL constantly ram RESPECT down everyone’s throats, but when are the EFL going to ensure these “professional” officials are good enough to earn that respect - it’s not downs football on Sunday am is it?

Same clowns over and over don’t have the integrity or the guts to give the correct decisions 

Archived