Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

AppyDAZE

Spineless jellyfish/Scott Duncan - Merged Referee Threads

15 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Interesting. Do the FA give guidelines on how many cards are expected per season? I’ve no idea but there is a slight pattern here. For the last two seasons mr duncan has shown 113 yellows and 8-10 reds after officiating 38 games. He was on 92 yellows before the game yesterday. He’s now on 100 yellows after 31 games with (I presume) seven games left to referee. I’d hazard a guess that he will show at least another dozen yellows and probably a couple of red this season in order to show his consistency. I reckon we just got his tally up. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

While I agree Max saved us from conceding a few more, 2 decisions altered the game completely. Instead of being 1-0 up and having something to hold on to, we go 1-0 down and chasing. We then change formation, system and players , and so became more open and allowed them more space. 
Cliche's are cliche's because they're true ..... goals change games.

Agreed, as said the whole dynamic changes after that pen...  of course we all knew villa would create plenty of chances, they have WMD up front, but we were coping until then, and would have come away with something. 

Look at Man U last night, they were outplayed and yet two pens won it for them, at least the pens were valid.

Edited by 1bristolcity
  • Like 2

If I was LJ I would happily have got fined the maximum allowed, and tell it exactly how it was on camera, and just let it get played on EFL programme and Sky Sports News non stop. It may urge the authorities to watch the 90 minutes and ask for an explanation for every decision the referee made.

The linesman was no better by us in the first half, a ball down our side (to Weimann I think), he ran past the defender from an onside position and the lino flagged after he was a yard past for offside. The lino was about 10 yards behind the play!

I honestly do not think I have seen such a biased ref in all my time watching football. I have seen dodgy refs who are just poor and give bad decisions both ways but that yesterday was a disgrace. If that performance was in Italy he could be getting investigated it was that bad!

I am hoping it just fires up the team for next 5 games rather than deflate them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I find it ridiculous people saying that the penalty didn’t matter because Villa were the better team and deserved it. Against Stoke at home we didn’t deserve to lose but due to a battling defensive performance from the visitors and inspired keeper performance we did. That is their job and City were doing this and battling for a point until they got hamstrung by an atrocious refereeing decision. It changed the whole complexion of the match

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I find it ridiculous people saying that the penalty didn’t matter because Villa were the better team and deserved it. Against Stoke at home we didn’t deserve to lose but due to a battling defensive performance from the visitors and inspired keeper performance we did. That is their job and City were doing this and battling for a point until they got hamstrung by an atrocious refereeing decision. It changed the whole complexion of the match

Exactly. 

5 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Seen a tweet from Jack Hunt this morning. He asked the officials what the pen was given for, the referee said pulling Hourihane down, the lino said for pushing him in the back. Just about sums the decision up..

Says it all. They can't even get their stories straight. 

3 hours ago, Big C said:

Agreed and well said - did I miss a rule change where extra points are now awarded for number of shots on goal? Because it's a bizarre re-writing of the way football works by mainly Villa fans that we should have to feel fairly treated by the outcome because Max O'Leary made a lot of saves!?

The only fact that matters is we lost by the odd goal in 3 and that was an embarrassing penalty. This is what City have done away from home all season, stayed in games and edged marginal results. Can't get much more marginal than that penalty and offside, which is why they're significant.

How is that so hard for some people to understand! And this is without even highlighting that a) the same ref also had half our team on yellows, several from very early, who crucially would be marking El Ghazi and co and so unable to touch them, and b) we were chasing the game and left space!

• Like 6

On 13/04/2019 at 20:37, AppyDAZE said:

"Cheque's in the post, Scott"

"Cheers, Deano"

Preston-North-End-vs-Hull-City-26-12-2018-NI-TD-44.jpg

Hang on a minute..

He has the look of our old pal,that 'troglodyte henbury gas.... except better looking & more anti' City 😉..

18 hours ago, Olé said:

Agreed and well said - did I miss a rule change where extra points are now awarded for number of shots on goal? Because it's a bizarre re-writing of the way football works by mainly Villa fans that we should have to feel fairly treated by the outcome because Max O'Leary made a lot of saves!?

The only fact that matters is we lost by the odd goal in 3 and that was an embarrassing penalty. This is what City have done away from home all season, stayed in games and edged marginal results. Can't get much more marginal than that penalty and offside, which is why they're significant.

How is that so hard for some people to understand! And this is without even highlighting that a) the same ref also had half our team on yellows, several from very early, who crucially would be marking El Ghazi and co and so unable to touch them, and b) we were chasing the game and left space!

What was your take, out of interest, when Stoke won at AG in October?

Deserved result- fair? We didn't have the variable of the referee, and more debatably the linesman- but we hit woodwork twice, we forced Butland into quite a few great saves- we piled it on...but lost.

Deserved? Did a job on us- didn't they. Or were we unlucky having played superb 2nd half and passable first half.

Agree about the ref, he played a disproportionate part- arguably the official too but it works both ways.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Hang on a minute..

He has the look of our old pal,that 'troglodyte henbury gas.... except better looking & more anti' City 😉..

Obviously :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Spineless jellyfish......  Is there any other kind?!?

Yes, the spined jellyfish

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Have you forgotten about Scott Duncan yet?

Who? Wasn't he an old Blur Peter presenter or something?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Blur Peter, was that Blue Peter's musical bit?

Well spotted. I typed that early this morning. Very early before work.

• Like 1

Scott Duncan is ref for the Leeds v Wigan match on Saturday. Poor Wigan! But then, wait for it, he’s the fourth official for our match on Monday at Sheffield Wednesday!

Let’s hope that the appointed ref,  Robert Jones, stays fit!

49 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Scott Duncan is ref for the Leeds v Wigan match on Saturday. Poor Wigan! But then, wait for it, he’s the fourth official for our match on Monday at Sheffield Wednesday!

If we're winning come 90 minutes...

image.png.54cc2fc55421f4d6af8b04e6333c3de8.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Ha ha ha! LJ, Mac, Scotty, can all engage him in some enlightening conversation for a full 90 plus minutes! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope if there is any type of nudge on any player they are asking why a card, free kick and penalty wasn't given, and also why the ref has a different interpretation of the current rules than he had the week before (hoping the ref this week has a clue).

On 14/04/2019 at 13:36, wood_red said:

If I was LJ I would happily have got fined the maximum allowed, and tell it exactly how it was on camera, and just let it get played on EFL programme and Sky Sports News non stop. It may urge the authorities to watch the 90 minutes and ask for an explanation for every decision the referee made.

The linesman was no better by us in the first half, a ball down our side (to Weimann I think), he ran past the defender from an onside position and the lino flagged after he was a yard past for offside. The lino was about 10 yards behind the play!

I honestly do not think I have seen such a biased ref in all my time watching football. I have seen dodgy refs who are just poor and give bad decisions both ways but that yesterday was a disgrace. If that performance was in Italy he could be getting investigated it was that bad!

I am hoping it just fires up the team for next 5 games rather than deflate them.

I've had time to have a good long think about the Ref. The last time I saw such an appalling Refereeing performance was the 1975 European Cup Final in Paris between Leeds and Bayern Munich. If anyone is too young to remember ....watch this unfold 

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Oh dear.......

That's us deducted 20 points then.

Well the ref didn't control himself for ******* 90 minutes so how about charging HIM?

Seriously, has anyone found out who is the Sag on this panel yet?

Edited by AppyDAZE

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

That's us deducted 20 points then.

Well the ref didn't control himself for ******* 90 minutes so how about charging HIM?

Seriously, has anyone found out who is the Sag on this panel yet?

I think 2 of the panel are Henbury Gas and Scott Duncan.

• Thanks 1

Anyone seen that Scott Duncan will be the 4th official in our game on Monday vs sheff weds?.... Ridiculous. What are the odds on one of our management team being sent to the stands?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Anyone seen that Scott Duncan will be the 4th official in our game on Monday vs sheff weds?.... Ridiculous. What are the odds on one of our management team being sent to the stands?

I can see it now. 0-1 we're leading, ref pulls a hammy

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Scott, why don't you go and superglue yourself to a train or something useful(?)

We don't want you 4th officialling our game against Sheffield Wednesday. Bristol City thinks you are a laughable, inept CLOWN. Now **** off !

Edited by AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Oh dear.......

Absolutely farcical, it’s clear as daylight to anyone who’s seen the penalty incident leading up to the incident we’ve been charged with is just comical, this is the FA though and with their recent history towards us, expect 2 written statements from eye witnesses from Villa’s squad, Diedhiou gets slapped with a 6 game ban, Wright gets 3 even though he was on the touchline, City deducted points, whilst Scott Duncan gets praised for his bravery in front of such a big crowd and against such a nasty little Bristol City team that the FA clearly have something against, and Duncan gets promoted to the PL.

W4nkers.

How about this for an original chant on Monday? All together now.   “ The fourth officials a wan ker” 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Oh dear.......

Surely now the response can have EVERY SINGLE incident that the ref gave to them that was controversial up to that point. The panel then surely have to watch every single bit of our evidence in our response to show why this was one of the final straws as to why we had players frustrated?

Knowing the FA though they won't give a shiny sh1te with what we respond with, as in their eyes the ref was obviously great all game and 1000000% correct with every single decision. Yet they are the ones bleating out about RESPECT for the refs - how can anyone respect a ref who is that bad on more than one occasion?

Isn't there an assessor at each game monitoring the referee's performance?

I recall the year of our bad losing run Johnson had about 11 letters received, apologising for the refereeing decisions made.

• Like 1