Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

paul_fox

Joey Barton

I think that there could be a good opportunity for Mr Barton to make a bit of retribution here.Hopefully he will get locked up again.If so a raffle could be held and the winner could throw away the key.I imagine the uptake on tickets would put even the fewers home crowds to shame.

Seems all very slow progressing this, imagine if a supporter had got into the tunnel and "allegedly" planted one on the Barnsley Manager, would he still be at work this morning?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Police have appealed for witnesses as they investigate an alleged incident involving Barnsley head coach Daniel Stendel and Fleetwood boss Joey Barton.

Barnsley player Cauley Woodrow wrote on Twitter - in a post that was later deleted - that Barton "physically assaulted" Stendel in the tunnel after Saturday's loss at Oakwell.

South Yorkshire Police confirmed that a man had suffered "facial injuries".

They are now searching for people "with a view, or in the area of the tunnel".

In a statement released on Wednesday, South Yorkshire Police said no arrests have been made and that enquiries continue.

"Officers are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have caught the incident on camera or who may have any mobile phone footage immediately before or after the incident occurred," the statement continued.

On Tuesday, Barnsley made a formal complaint to both the Football Association and the English Football League.

Fleetwood have said they had "been made aware of an alleged incident" and were "currently establishing the facts".

South Yorkshire Police have arrested a man relating to an incident after the game between Barnsley and Fleetwood.

The man attended a police station on Wednesday where he was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and racially aggravated assault.

He remains in custody for questioning.

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

South Yorkshire Police have arrested a man relating to an incident after the game between Barnsley and Fleetwood.

The man attended a police station on Wednesday where he was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and racially aggravated assault.

He remains in custody for questioning.

I wonder who that is then...………………..

Racially aggravated is interesting though.

Edited by Super

45 minutes ago, Super said:

Maybe Hennessey was hiding in the tunnel saluting the Barnsley manager's result...

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Super said:

Isn't the Barnsley boss German? 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Isn't the Barnsley boss German? 

I wonder if he knows the difference between ordering a drink and a Nazi salute.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Joey Barton will always be one of the biggest wastes of talent, in my eyes.

As a player, he deserved far more than a single England cap. At times, he seemed to be a far better player than his reputation and behaviour allowed - at Marseille, they seemed to absolutely love him, and he seemed to do well for a club pushing for a Champions League place in a league that wasn't (at the time) that much weaker than the Premier League.

As a manager, I respected him for putting himself in the shoes of a manager, and for not pushing for a job above his station. I think he was lucky to get a job in League 1, but he seemed to be coping better than I had expected.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, but one day he'll step on the toes of someone that'll tear his leg clean off.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

image.png

German bastard obviously smacked himself in the kisser to drop our Joey in the scheisse .What a low trick to pull on a passionate member of the footballing "family"...

• Haha 1