IGNORED

Johnson Clinches Promotion

pongo88

On 13/04/2019 at 18:52, hodge said:

Well done to him, however does help when you can have players loaned to you who are exceptional at that standard

What happens to the gang of 4 (or 5) next year? Getting a bit senior for National League, surely has to be EFL loans? GJ will get the next bunch of up and coming's no doubt.

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

GJ was interviewed on tonight`s Westcountry News and I have to say he was looking really well, the picture of health. It was so great to see him so chipper.

GJ has transformed the team and I agree he looks really well - I’ve been to Plainmoor quite a few tines this year and will be there on Monday for the party - hopefully then another at Ashton Gate in May!

With regards to the comments about our loanees - Connor has done the best (imho) with Saikou a close second. What GJ has done is to get players like Jamie Reid playing significantly better than in previous years as he has had better players to play with throughout the season. Frustratingly for Opi Edwards he’s been injured for most of the second half of the season although before Xmas looked really sharp.

Im sure we will be doing similar deals with TUFC next season with some other young players needing experience!

7 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

GJ has transformed the team and I agree he looks really well - I’ve been to Plainmoor quite a few tines this year and will be there on Monday for the party - hopefully then another at Ashton Gate in May!

With regards to the comments about our loanees - Connor has done the best (imho) with Saikou a close second. What GJ has done is to get players like Jamie Reid playing significantly better than in previous years as he has had better players to play with throughout the season. Frustratingly for Opi Edwards he’s been injured for most of the second half of the season although before Xmas looked really sharp.

Im sure we will be doing similar deals with TUFC next season with some other young players needing experience!

I saw them at Wealdstone back in October and you could tell that Connor was a natural footballer, excellent technique. 

I suspect all 4 will be back there next season, assuming GJ wants them.

24 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Has Johnson achieved promotion from tiers 6 through 2 with several teams in his career? Not many gaffers in that territory. 

He’s also an ex international manager (of Latvia). Gary Johnson international manager sounds much better than Gary Johnson Conference managed. 

4 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Saikou is a bit of a beast and has come one hell of a long way in just 2 years.  2017 he was playing for Nic Wanderers under 18’s !  Incredible progress ! 

Archived