IGNORED

Are we making the Playoffs?

Robin101

Are we making the Playoffs?  

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Play-off battle certainly took a twist against us today, but with five games to play the play-offs are still firmly in reach. 

How are we all feeling about our chances now? Personally, I thought that by the time we’d played Sheff U, Middlesbrough, WBA and Villa our playoff dream would be all but over. It’s absolutely not, and our run-in - whilst still very tough - isn’t looking as bad as it was. 

That said, I’m concerned Middlesbrough are finding form again, and Villa look all but there now. Derby are hit and miss, but if only we could put lower ranked teams to the sword at home like they do. 

For me, I wish I could vote yes, but I see us getting pipped by Boro. 

COYR!

For me it’s Middlesbrough that will be our main contenders. They have 4 very favourable fixtures with a potential 12 points. Let’s say they draw one we’ll need 11 points to confirm it or 10 to match them. 

Reading (H) - W 

Sheff W (a) - D

Derby (H) - W

Milwall (a) - W

Hull (a) - D

There are a lot of ifs and buts there. Five very tough fixtures. Reading is must win now! Always believe COYR! 

1 minute ago, Reading Red UTC said:

For me it’s Middlesbrough that will be our main contenders. They have 4 very favourable fixtures with a potential 12 points. Let’s say they draw one we’ll need 11 points to confirm it or 10 to match them. 

Reading (H) - W 

Sheff W (a) - D

Derby (H) - W

Milwall (a) - W

Hull (a) - D

There are a lot of ifs and buts there. Five very tough fixtures. Reading is must win now! Always believe COYR! 

It's also a "must play well at home against shit opposition" game as well.

I said to myself before today’s game that if we could beat Villa we’d be in an excellent position to take us into the tough few games and allow us to drop a few points, but if we lose then it’d put so much pressure on us to win our game in hand that we’ll buckle.

Unless we have a miraculous run of form I think we’ll lose/draw against Reading, Sheff Wed and Derby, which will see is looking for must win points in the final two games and heavily relying on others to lose.

I’d really love to be proved wrong, but I think for me it’ll be 7th or 8th. 

Didn’t think we would get anything today - tough game given their recent run. Let’s not mention the ref.

Friday is a must win, but actually they all are - not that I think we will win them all.

It is fantastic to be in it at this stage of the season, no way did I expect that.

I think we have a decent chance of finishing 6th - then who knows!

Whatever happens, it has been a fantastic effort, and the squad and the coaching team deserve full credit.

If we don’t go up, and I very much doubt we will, it’s going to be an interesting summer......

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think its literally a toss of a coin between us and Derby at the moment. Reckon Boro will lose to Forest and think they'll fall just short.

Boro are home to Stoke, and Derby are at Birmingham on Good Friday,  both kicking off at 3. Beating Reading in the early start could be a big psychological advantage for City. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Boro are home to Stoke, and Derby are at Birmingham on Good Friday,  both kicking off at 3. Beating Reading in the early start could be a big psychological advantage for City. Fingers crossed.

Forgot we had moved to an early game, what was the reason given again?

Worth reflecting on the fact that QPR, who hadn’t won a game in 56 billion years beat an in form Swansea team 4-0 today. We can talk about Boro’s east run-in but this league makes a mockery of predictions. 

If we win 3 of our last 5 and, either within that or additionally, avoid defeat at Derby then I reckon it is likely we will be there.

Too ******* right we’re finishing Top 6 - ok I was wrong with Top Two....

We’ll need to go to Hull last game of the season. We’ll take thousands.

And it’s payback time for the last time we played them when so much was at stake. 

When Dad J should’ve seen Bradders was at 6s and 7s and pulled him off before Windass did what he’d never do again.....

And then **** me it’s all to play for again. And we all know we’re always up for a one off big one.....

Ok so not Top Two. But promotion through the play offs in May will do me just fine.

The “discussion” with Toby’s mother about him missing the start of their holiday en France to come with me to Wembley has begun..... ?

And @BobBobSuperBob you’re coming with us ?

I’ve voted yes. I reckon we’ll finish 6th. Whatever happens, it’s brilliant that we’ve got something to play for at this stage of the season - what could have been an uninspiring fixture vs Reading takes on more significance.

I’m still trying to take it one game at a time. Losing today was no disgrace, but three points on Friday now becomes key. 

A season that felt indifferent a few months ago has become a really good, exciting one. 

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

I said to myself before today’s game that if we could beat Villa we’d be in an excellent position to take us into the tough few games and allow us to drop a few points, but if we lose then it’d put so much pressure on us to win our game in hand that we’ll buckle.

Unless we have a miraculous run of form I think we’ll lose/draw against Reading, Sheff Wed and Derby, which will see is looking for must win points in the final two games and heavily relying on others to lose.

I’d really love to be proved wrong, but I think for me it’ll be 7th or 8th. 

Don’t forget the other contenders will have squeaky bum games and the pressure will hit them.

Archived