IGNORED

Are we making the Playoffs?

Robin101

Are we making the Playoffs?  

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Reading Red UTC said:

For me it’s Middlesbrough that will be our main contenders. They have 4 very favourable fixtures with a potential 12 points. Let’s say they draw one we’ll need 11 points to confirm it or 10 to match them. 

Reading (H) - W 

Sheff W (a) - D

Derby (H) - W

Milwall (a) - W

Hull (a) - D

There are a lot of ifs and buts there. Five very tough fixtures. Reading is must win now! Always believe COYR! 

Reading are in decent form and reckon next Friday will be a draw.

Think Sheffield Weds will be a draw also

we will beat Derby

Millwall, we never do well there so loss 

Hull I fancy a win as they will be in their hols

8 points from the last 5 games - not sure if it will be enough

Simply it is between us FLDerby & Boro for one spot, Derby are not all that, and Boro struggle to score. I think we will claim that sixth spot, but would not bet my house on us surviving the play offs. 

We do seem to be copying Brighton in that first we put the infra structure in place, a new manager initially saved us from relegation, then made us a competitive championship side, then lost out in the play offs, then got top two. So next season i think will be our year. When do we ever win play offs anyway.......... 

4 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Play-off battle certainly took a twist against us today, but with five games to play the play-offs are still firmly in reach. 

How are we all feeling about our chances now? Personally, I thought that by the time we’d played Sheff U, Middlesbrough, WBA and Villa our playoff dream would be all but over. It’s absolutely not, and our run-in - whilst still very tough - isn’t looking as bad as it was. 

That said, I’m concerned Middlesbrough are finding form again, and Villa look all but there now. Derby are hit and miss, but if only we could put lower ranked teams to the sword at home like they do. 

For me, I wish I could vote yes, but I see us getting pipped by Boro. 

COYR!

So do I, and considering we beat them at home only last week wouldn't that be typical, we are cursed and I would be the happiest man in Pill if they proved me wrong.

First post on here!! The reality is it's in our hands and we have a cushion. We're in a great position and the run in isn't too bad. Playing Derby is a good thing - even if they manage to be slightly ahead of us by the time we play (unlikely) we've still got the opportunity to leapfrog them. Derby's last home game is against West Brom - not easy. Boro are a threat, but until they get ahead of us we shouldn't be worried. I did some numbers before today and thought we needed 9 points from the last games to guarantee a playoff spot. I still think that's enough. What is certain is that if we don't win against Reading we've lost the momentum and we're on the back foot. "Must win" is over used in football, but in this case it's accurate. COYR! 

It all depends on how we react to yesterday IMO. LJ sounded pretty deflated after the game (understandably so) so hopefully it hasn`t knocked the heart out of us. If it has, we won`t get there but if it`s just made us more determined we could hopefully be OK.

I voted that we`d miss out BTW. I just think we have too many tough games v `easier` ones for others.

Looking at the games left I think this Reading game on Friday is the most important, win that and it almost makes it impossible for Sheffield Wednesday who we play next, win that and then it's Derby who have 2 easy games before that but even if they win both a draw should almost end their chances (considering there last 2 are against Swansea and West brom) . Boro only have 4 games left so I predict 8 points for them so we would need to win our next 2 draw with Derby then something against Millwall or Hull and we're in the playoffs.

Now watch us lose to Reading, Derby lose to Birmingham, Boro lose to Stoke, Hull beat West brom and Wednesday win at Norwich!

Im just glad we're not anywhere from 11th down, relegation battles are not good and having something to play for up until the last game/s is amazing fun. 

Just enjoy being in the mix.  Let’s stay with the lads for 90 minutes on Friday no matter what the game throws at us. At this stage 100% support can make a difference.  Save any recrimination for full time.   Loads more twists to come, win v Reading and we could be playing Shef Weds at a great time when they are off the back of two defeats and play off dreams just shattered.  If we still have something to play for there must be a win in there somewhere against Derby, millwall and hull.  None of the chasing pack is consistent or any better than us so why can’t it be us who sneaks 6th.  

We can do it , after the international break if offered 10 points out of 15 with away games against Sheffield United, Boro & Villa add in Baggies at home we all would have taken that 

it’s in our hands, we have the points and a game in hand. It’s going to be tough but so will it be for the others. 

Its three teams for one spot now, all to play for 

Its difficult because after each round of games the perspective of the table changes, if we win friday and others drop points then we will be 4/5  points clear again, and it all looks different.

if i had to guess though, it would be that we would finish outside the playoffs, just because were city and thats what we do. However, its been a fantastic efforts by the players and staff, if not the club for the lack of action in january

With the run of games we have got remaining, there's no reason to think we won't make the play-offs.. Friday's game is a crucial one and I can honestly see it going to the penultimate/last game of the campaign (Millwall/Hull), with those two being our last games we will be at a slight disadvantage as they are both away and will only have over 1,000 City fans per game (more depending on allocation, selling out, etc.).

Had we of won our games against Ipswich/Wigan I would say a comfortable 5th place position but we will be battling it out for 6th since the Villa match went horribly for us (the officials). I still believe we can do it, just depends if others feel the same. I'd love for us to show everyone wrong.. the massive underdogs from the West Country win at Wembley.. showered with prem games, prem players (Ashton Gate on FIFA 20 YES PLEASE!!

Brum fan in peace. There is no chance we will roll over and have our tummies tickled on Friday v Derby, as we are not mathematically safe yet. We could do with winning as our last three games are Rotherham (a), Wigan (h), and Reading (a) - and we've struggled against the bottom sides all season. However, it's live on Sky and we've not won on Sky for over two years! 

Although it's still in our own hands, right now I'm thinking we may just miss out to M'Boro. Their win over in-form Hull was a big result Saturday that I didn't expect them to get.

One thing for sure we simply have to beat Reading on Friday, we cannot afford any more dropped home points against lower half teams - that, at the end of the day, is all that has cost us from being comfortably assured of a top six place.

Surprised the outcome of the poll is more positive than negative given the time it was posted, think it'd be even more so if it had been posted once everyone had settled down and reflected on the game.

I'm not sure why but I just worry about Boro, however poor the management may be their squad is very good for this level and pulls them through. It'll go to the wire atm, and if I'd have been offered that in August I'd have taken it.

Archived