IGNORED

Highlights...see for your self...

cityexile

5 minutes ago, Sitrom said:

Because they are idiots.  Fair play to Tammy.  Good on him.

Came over to the away end to show his respects after the game, top class.

Shout out to Albert as well, gave us a clap and ran over to give his shirt to a young kid in the front, what a man ?

Not sure what El-Mohammeday has against us though, that was a bit bizarre

49 minutes ago, Sitrom said:

image.png.e69af34fc27efca5411dc062b0ba0177.png

I don't think that is offside. ?

i think the problem was he was coming back from a clearly offside position - the lino hasn't allowed for him to come back onside before this moment - look at how he holds his hands up, it looks like he knows he was offside

If Weimann was offside it was about half an inch of forehead offside.  That ought to be the benefit of the doubt for the attacker.

Definitely a Villa handball for the pen.

Hard to beat Villa away anyway without the ref trying his best to give it to them.

It's in our hands still.

24 minutes ago, reddevon said:

Who instigates a charge of “successful deception of the match officials”.? Can the club officials do it as the referee won’t!

Looking at the incident there appears no foul and a clear penalty appeal. Should be a 3 match ban!

Probably shouldn't, whoever committed the foul would get given a 6 game ban or some shit ?

23 minutes ago, Antman said:

i think the problem was he was coming back from a clearly offside position - the lino hasn't allowed for him to come back onside before this moment - look at how he holds his hands up, it looks like he knows he was offside

Weimann held his hands up in apology, for 'scoring' against his former club.

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Im confused what has he given the penalty for? 

Sherlock Holmes would have a problem solving that one.

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Weimann held his hands up in apology, for 'scoring' against his former club.

Sherlock Holmes would have a problem solving that one.

Handball or a push in the back either would be a shocking call.

What a soft penalty decision. No wonder our players were furious with the ref for giving that. 

Other than that it looks like Aston Villa had quite a few chances, but equally a couple of key decisions went against us and on another day we could have earned a point. 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thought the offside close at the time but checked video several times and I'm afraid it was - just.

The penalty incident was a clear case of their player backing into ours and never a penalty in a million years.

Referee overall was dreadful though giving soft fouls against us whilst allowing Villa to get away with the same or even worse.  Did seem to have a bias for his percieved 'bigger team'. Just a homer perhaps or possibly swayed by the crowd.

We were worth a point at least today had it not been for the oaf in black.  I wonder how much his brown envelope contained.

He was, if nothing else, consistent in awarding free kicks to players who were blatantly backing in. Did it several other times in open play. I know that sometimes it's a fine line between backing in and pushing, but one or two were absolutely nailed on backing in, bent over backing in and causing the defender to go over the top. He just didn't seem to think it was an offence. 

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Have now viewed the penalty incident 5 times, it is just down to incompetence by the referee, the only offence that occured was in the hairless toads imagination.  He was looking to give a penalty.....and managed to find an excuse to give one. Such a shame that the game was ruined by the fool in the middle.

Bet you and I weren't the only ones expecting that, shame we were proved right.

Lee should've let the refs have it in his post match interviews and given them something to think about for the last few games. The ref today was an absolute disgrace and purely seemed to only show a desire to reward the favourites.No problem for the ref who will no doubt manage a championship match next week, shite for us when we are in the last playoff place scrapping for it. 

Archived