IGNORED

Ipswich relegated

Jerseybean

18 months ago Ipswich fans were moaning like mad that Mick McCarthy wasn't turning them into potential Champions League winners. All the whinging and moaning contributed to him moving on and the following season they're relegated. I suppose the fans got their wish and the board found a setup that could get the club out of the championship.

It is an amazing fact that next season will be the first time they have played outside the top 2 tiers of English football since 1957.  Not bad for a relatively small town, and they have won the old 1st Division, FA Cup and EUFA Cup.

Plenty of big city clubs have graced the 3rd tier during that time, including Man City, Leeds, Forest, Villa, most of the current Premier League and Championship, even the mighty Bristol City!

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Their fans will be able to sample the delights of the Methanium next season and host the caravan of 15ers that will make their way eastward. Only then will Ipswich fans truly regret sacking Mad Mick. 

Not then they meet the most loyal fan base in the whole world. Wait till they start selling half and half scarfs outside Portman Road and share tales to how much they hate the ‘Teds’

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Not then they meet the most loyal fan base in the whole world. Wait till they start selling half and half scarfs outside Portman Road and share tales to how much they hate the ‘Teds’

I've an idea for the half and half. Obviously it'll be all blue but on one half, the legend "Suffolk" and on the other "n'Shit"

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

18 months ago Ipswich fans were moaning like mad that Mick McCarthy wasn't turning them into potential Champions League winners. All the whinging and moaning contributed to him moving on and the following season they're relegated. I suppose the fans got their wish and the board found a setup that could get the club out of the championship.

I was talking to a father and son duo in Podgorica at the recent England game - they were diehard home and away Ipswich fans and hadn’t missed a game for years. Their complaints weren’t that Ipswich weren’t potential Champions League winners; their point was that the football under McCarthy had become mind numbingly dull to watch, and a large number of their fans had lost any enjoyment going to games. They were saying they’ve known since about September that they’re going down this season, that they can see what sort of a rebuilding job Lambert is trying to do (and are fully supportive of him), and are looking forward to visiting some new grounds and hopefully mounting a promotion challenge from league 1 over the next year or two. 

It raises a question as to whether you’d rather be in a higher league but with awful entertainment (how many City fans would take Pulis back if it guaranteed promotion to the premier league?), or take your chances in a lower league playing more entertaining football and having more enjoyable match days?

Well they got what they wanted in getting rid of Mick.

The owners just won't invest in the team.

Like it or not McCarthy did an amazing job keeping them there.

A chance now to get rid of a lot of dead wood, I think they'll come back stronger next season.

7 hours ago, North London Red said:

I was talking to a father and son duo in Podgorica at the recent England game - they were diehard home and away Ipswich fans and hadn’t missed a game for years. Their complaints weren’t that Ipswich weren’t potential Champions League winners; their point was that the football under McCarthy had become mind numbingly dull to watch, and a large number of their fans had lost any enjoyment going to games. They were saying they’ve known since about September that they’re going down this season, that they can see what sort of a rebuilding job Lambert is trying to do (and are fully supportive of him), and are looking forward to visiting some new grounds and hopefully mounting a promotion challenge from league 1 over the next year or two. 

It raises a question as to whether you’d rather be in a higher league but with awful entertainment (how many City fans would take Pulis back if it guaranteed promotion to the premier league?), or take your chances in a lower league playing more entertaining football and having more enjoyable match days?

none no one not ever ever may we burn in hell

11 hours ago, North London Red said:

Personally I think their fans will enjoy going to away grounds they’ve never been before(though the novelty soon wears off) they might actually win a few games as well

Archived