IGNORED

Villa fans today

Jdart

Hi lads/ladies a long time reader of OTIB it’s always an enjoyable read. I’ve never had such an urge to post until today!

I’ve never really got the beef with villa fans. But after spending a couple of hours in Birmingham after the game today and speaking to a few villa fans Jesus they are big headed c***s who think they have some god given right to be in the premiership.

Comments such as “this is your big day out coming to a premier league ground with premier league fans” or “no offence but it must be nice to watch a game of premier league standard”

These fans are f’in deluded silent all game till they scored from a debatable penalty. Then go on like they’re to good for this league, boils my piss! 

We are overachieving yes but give us some credit. COYR!!

anyway rant over thanks for reading my post...... cue robored ‘zzzz’

It’s the “premier league ground” comments that get me. 

Anyone who still thinks the FA Cup semi’s should still be played at Villa Park need to spend an hour in the upper tier concourse. It’s 3rd world. It’s like a prison. Awful facilities. If we ever got to an FA Cup semi and it was played there and my ticket was in the upper tier away end, I’d be majorly peed off. 

As for their fans. Well, shall we just call them camels from now on. The ones spitting at us through the fence in the coach park certainly reminded me of my recent visit to West Midlands safari park! 

As for the “big day out” guff. Tell that to the additional 14,000 villa fans who came to see us compared to their match this season v Preston. Perhaps they were only there to watch City? This was their 2nd highest ever attendance since being in the Championship - big club? Fickle fans, more like. 

One of the quietist grounds I've been to, and really , apart from the size, is it that much better than the new breezeblock stadiums like Shrewsbury or Colchester? Totally agree @Harry , they were the team with the extra cling ons, deluded and fickle. Didn't get involved with many Villa after the game, bumped into a few well dressed PNE fans around the centre though.

Fans with a god complex, despite spending more money in 3 seasons in the championship than we have in our entire history and still be in the championship really irks them.

And Christ what a shithole the surrounding area around Villa Park is. No wonder why they're so bitter and angry.

From the day they got relegated they had this idea they should go straight back up 

3 or 4 seasons later there thinking still hasn’t changed 

sadly on current form they have got to be favourites to go up via the play offs 

please god prove me wrong.....

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

To be fair they are a big club with a proud history and shouldn’t be slumming it with the likes of us .

:yes:

925807512_knowourplace.jpg.fc2270c8e24da0b5f2415d12be5faba1.jpg

Ronnie B = BCFC

Cleese = Villa 

Ronnie C = Who do you think? :yes:

Villa wouldn't be the first 'big' team to get relegated and act all Billy Big Bollocks. However most of the others have either gone straight back up or adjusted their attitude and expectations when that doesn't happen and they spend a few years in this division. 

Villa have done neither of those things. 

It reminded me of Leeds away a bit, a stadium of faded glory and in parts quite frankly not fit for purpose in 2019.

At least the Billy Big Bollocks Leeds fans make a bit of noise. I had to laugh at the- Holte End is our 12th man- sign, completely silent until they scored. 

Luckily for them they had another 12th man yesterday

Jokes on them though, if they are such a brilliant club why are they only 4 points ahead of lowly Bristol City having played one more game. They'll need to get out before the prem money runs out.

Agree with the comments about their stadium absolutely horrible facilities, makes you appreciate having a more modern stadium with some investment put into it. 

And less said about the surrounding area the better, rank. 

25 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Could hear a pin drop until they scored and  again after we got one back. That’s not support . Would love them to fail, they’d be right in the shit next season . 

No different from our home games this season tbh.

This post sums them up 

'may be just me but every time we play a small team, or a team with small team mentality they have someone who chucks in long throws but don`t do nowt else all game. is like playing with 10 men for rest of game' 

Just because they're the 'mighty Aston villa' they seem to believe that they have the divine right to beat anyone. Much like Leeds but at least Leeds fans create an atmosphere, wasn't there yesterday but they were like church mice earlier on in the season, tragically quiet support for a supposed 'big club'. 

Hope they stay down, get screwed over by FFP and turn into a Coventry. Wouldn't wish that on any decent fan, the problem is they don't have any... 

Too many football fans like to live in the past and believe their club is “big” because of what it did in the past. The past is past and has no bearing on what is now. Accrington Stanley finished 7th in the first Football League season of 1888-89 but, thankfully, their fans don’t keep saying they are a big club 

I worked with a couple of them for two years. Both lovely blokes in general, but when the topic turned to football, their heads inflated. Seemed to think they had a divine right to be in the Premier League and basically looked down on every other Championship club. When they lost to Fulham in the final last year, instead of conceding that they lost to the better side, they just moaned that the Premier League needed Villa back, not a small nothing club like Fulham.

Archived