IGNORED

Match Report: Villa giveth and the ref taketh away

Olé

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Still here! Wow you need to get out more.

You're not a good judge of age but let me help you out with what the clues are:

You: posting on an opposition forum continually all day long on a Sunday - child of about 12 with nothing to do

Me: on my own club's forum once at 7am and once again now at 9pm - adult with a life and a business

Hope this helps. Maybe try going to the pub or finding something else to worry about?

Been out twice already today thank you.

It doesn't matter how frequently/infrequently you post - The content of those posts is what matters. "Sponsored silence" FFS. Grow up sonny and for the love of God, let go of all that bitterness.  Nobody at Villa gives a flying one about the thoughts and opinions of you and your cohorts. 

9 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

It doesn't matter how frequently/infrequently you post - The content of those posts is what matters. "Sponsored silence" FFS. Grow up sonny and for the love of God, let go of all that bitterness.  Nobody at Villa gives a flying one about the thoughts and opinions of you and your cohorts. 

Apart from you obviously!

9 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

It doesn't matter how frequently/infrequently you post - The content of those posts is what matters. "Sponsored silence" FFS. Grow up sonny and for the love of God, let go of all that bitterness.  Nobody at Aston gives a flying one about the thoughts and opinions of you and your cohorts. 

If no Aston fans care, they why are you on a thread that's giving opinions of the game from our fans perspective?

That in itself is contradictory to what you said, it shows that at the very least you care.

Try again.

13 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

And yet here you still are !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUmKu-jMwuuy26iyQ-NA4

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If no Aston fans care, they why are you on a thread that's giving opinions of the game from our fans perspective?

That in itself is contradictory to what you said, it shows that at the very least you care.

Try again.

I probably care least of all Villa fans.  Just because I'm on here doesn't mean I crave responses - I actually smile at all of the silly insults that are hurled my way as it proves I've struck a nerve.  As for you, I remember you when Kodjia left you and your desperate attempts to play it down on a Villa forum.  What a prat you made of yourself.

Anyway, my time on here is now done - I'll leave you to contemplate your mouth watering fixture v Reading, while I contemplate the play off semi finals and hopefully beyond.

1 hour ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I probably care least of all Villa fans.  Just because I'm on here doesn't mean I crave responses - I actually smile at all of the silly insults that are hurled my way as it proves I've struck a nerve.  As for you, I remember you when Kodjia left you and your desperate attempts to play it down on a Villa forum.  What a prat you made of yourself.

Anyway, my time on here is now done - I'll leave you to contemplate your mouth watering fixture v Reading, while I contemplate the play off semi finals and hopefully beyond.

Can I respectfully remind you that you are a guest on this forum and ask you to adjust your posting style to reflect this. Unlike our near neighbours we usually welcome fans from other clubs on here but if you are only here to cause trouble then I suggest you take your opinions elsewhere.

As for us playing Reading, yes obviously we are going to focus on the next match. Did you not have to play them home and away too?

I believe Karma is a bitch, she will ensure all teams are where they should be at the end of the season. Cheats may yet prosper, but only short term.

1 hour ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

'Hopefully'  is all you have. ?

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

Can I respectfully remind you that you are a guest on this forum and ask you to adjust your posting style to reflect this. Unlike our near neighbours we usually welcome fans from other clubs on here but if you are only here to cause trouble then I suggest you take your opinions elsewhere.

As for us playing Reading, yes obviously we are going to focus on the next match. Did you not have to play them home and away too?

I believe Karma is a bitch, she will ensure all teams are where they should be at the end of the season. Cheats may yet prosper, but only short term.

RedM stop biting mate. That poster is not a guest on our forum. He/she has every right to post comments and opinions. Who really cares? Banter back FFS!

4 minutes ago, Jack Bailey said:

RedM stop biting mate. That poster is not a guest on our forum. He/she has every right to post comments and opinions. Who really cares? Banter back FFS!

Don’t mind banter, and by the way I’m not your mate, but would you go into someone else’s house and piss on their carpets or would you have a bit of decency and respect?

Second thoughts, maybe you shouldn’t answer that.

2 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Then your memory is as bad as your claims that you have no interest.

I gave information on Kodjia and highlighted his good points as well as his bad points.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Don’t mind banter, and by the way I’m not your mate, but would you go into someone else’s house and piss on their carpets or would you have a bit of decency and respect?

Second thoughts, maybe you shouldn’t answer that.

Have you not noticed the lack of decency and respect from your regulars mate?

I simply responded accordingly. Your fans come across as the most bitter, silly, small minded sore losers in the division.

As for cheats, again, you are being selective. You didn’t get all those bookings playing the game honestly. The pull back on McGinn, stopping a clear cut goal scoring opportunity is as bad as it gets.

Anyway, as I said previously, I am done now. Hopefully we won’t be playing each other again for a very long time.

11 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I simply responded accordingly. Your fans come across as the most bitter, silly, small minded sore losers in the division.

As for cheats, again, you are being selective. You didn’t get all those bookings playing the game honestly. The pull back on McGinn, stopping a clear cut goal scoring opportunity is as bad as it gets.

Anyway, as I said previously, I am done now. Hopefully we won’t be playing each other again for a very long time.

post seinfeld GIF

12 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Your posts are the reason villa fans are some of the most disliked in the country. Absolutely no humility. Yes you could have scored more on Saturday, but your penalty was more than soft, and we had a perfectly good goal chalked for offside. Goals change games. As for your pathetic comment about looking forward to reading, my bets are we will be playing you next year. 

14 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

If you get booked for what is a foul that isn't cheating, the pull back on Mcginn isn't cheating, it is a foul. Tammy falling over when an under 9 wouldn't go down with the same "challenge" is cheating, the falling over for the penalty is cheating, Grealish nearly every game rolling around holding parts of his body that hasn't been touched is cheating (trying to get a Rotherham player sent off last week). That is cheating.

23 minutes ago, wood_red said:

If you get booked for what is a foul that isn't cheating, the pull back on Mcginn isn't cheating, it is a foul. Tammy falling over when an under 9 wouldn't go down with the same "challenge" is cheating, the falling over for the penalty is cheating, Grealish nearly every game rolling around holding parts of his body that hasn't been touched is cheating (trying to get a Rotherham player sent off last week). That is cheating.

It was Hourihane, not Tammy.

But when it comes to 'cheating' @anotherdayinparadise hasn't a leg to stand on.

Last season Terry got away with multiple deliberate handballs against us.

As for the Rotherham game, their fans were moaning about a referee who gave them 2 penalties and only booked Mings when he kicked out at a player off the ball. 

I know it was Hourihane for the penalty, I mean Tammy was falling over at every opportunity, stopping running with minimal touch that wouldn't even stop an under 9 - maybe I didn't type out the post too well!

On 14/04/2019 at 12:07, anotherdayinparadise said:

I have not once mentioned "we are bigger than you" and would not be so crass as to do so.

However, it seems a favourite pass time on here to be little old Bristol, punching above their weight while all and sundry plot against them.

It is you who dish out all the "prem billy big bollocks" nonsense purely because you think it enhances your pathetic arguments.

Can't you read previous posts,  we are not called Bristol,  they are a Prem Rugby team who happen to play at Ashton Gate, as our owner owns them as well,  oh and the Bristol Woman's team and  a top flight basketball team,  under his company Bristol Sport into the bargain.  For the last and final time we are Bristol City, or City, we don't call you Aston or Birmingham Aston, so please call us by the correct name, or is to hard for you?

22 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I agree chances are an indication of merit. It would be glorious if we all got what we deserved on merit. 

Villa didn’t win because of the chances they missed or were saved they won because of outrageous decisions from start to finish with two in particular mind blowing misinterpretations of the laws. 

If Weimanns perfectly good goal had stood we would have had a different game. If we did not have to chase a game due to a penalty from fantasy island we would have had a different game. 

Still moving on. Another game on Friday. 

The offside goal was very marginal either way tbh. The penalty was a disgrace.

Do you then think we deserved to beat Stoke at home? Hit woodwork twice and Butland made a string of great saves...works both ways.

On 14/04/2019 at 14:01, Pabloavfc said:

Its certainly an interesting one with our situation. I'm not sure what will happen but all noises out the club seem to suggest no one is worried. I doubt we would have been bought by two multi billionaires in the summer if 12 months later they knew the club would be a mess with ffp and potential docked points. Our CEO Christian Purslow was part of the team that wrote the rules on FFP, so while not morally correct, this will probably help us. 

There's rumours of derby style accounting, compensation from HS2 running through our training ground and of course the safety net of selling Grealish. 

I feel confident based on the messages from the club but I'll be a little nervous if we fail to go up. 

If you mean by Derby style accounting their ground being sold by their owner to another company with the club benefitting, then Derby's should not be accepted by EFL, nor should yours if you have done similar- same goes for any club. I mean yes it would be money in, but it shouldn't count towards FFP- flagrant breach.

Ah yes, but FFP differs with UEFA and PL- he was on those sections, to Championship P & S regs. Those ones allow fresh investment, and probably  higher loss limit...EFL is £13m per year plus allowable expenses. Similar, broadly same framework...but different.

Grealish sale could work...could but wouldn't that leave you with a huge hole for next season...rolling 3 years. HS2 compensation has taken years in general, would Aston Villa's be fast-tracked? There is also an assumption that £3m for land that appeared in your accounts may have been it. Maybe that was something else or even part of it?

Actually to my mind, the Grealish sale shouldn't necessarily count in 18/19 figures because your accounts run until May 31 2019 that is your accounts for this season- transfer window summer 2019 opens June 9th 2019. Count it for next season all you like but season just gone? Makes a mockery.

5 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Yep- when we go up and stay up, whereas FFP will finally catch up. ?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The offside goal was very marginal either way tbh. The penalty was a disgrace.

Do you then think we deserved to beat Stoke at home? Hit woodwork twice and Butland made a string of great saves...works both ways.

We get what we deserve by scoring goals legitimately. It’s the game. We lost to Stoke because Butland pulled off several worldys as did Max on Saturday. Weimanns goal was a goal ask LJ. There was no one in that ground that didn’t think Weimann had scored until the flag went up and no benefit of the doubt is given to the forward. 

However who Care’s anymore it’s Reading on Friday. 

40 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We get what we deserve by scoring goals legitimately. It’s the game. We lost to Stoke because Butland pulled off several worldys as did Max on Saturday. Weimanns goal was a goal ask LJ. There was no one in that ground that didn’t think Weimann had scored until the flag went up and no benefit of the doubt is given to the forward

However who Care’s anymore it’s Reading on Friday. 

Thanks for clarifying- at least you're consistent. I thought we deserved more against Stoke e.g., a win in fact but mix of Butland and the woodwork denied us!

I'll have to watch the Weimann one again- would argue it isn't cut and dry.

About the benefit automatically going to the forward in marginal calls...don't think that's the case. @Portland Bill posted about it on another thread. It was once the case but now I don't think it is a hard and fast rule.

Having said that, we have been on the end of many questionable calls this season- 5 goals disallowed at least 3 of them wrongly. We have had little luck at all from officials this season- remember Norwich at home mid December v the League leaders who were on a big run, yet we had turned it round and Tettey could have been off 2, 3 times- 2nd booking never called...

“In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following definitions apply:
• “nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition”.

Now this was 4 and a half seasons ago and seems to be a movable feast, but...nothing about benefit of doubt- having said that was the defender out wider playing us on?

It's a widely stated cliche but maybe a bit of a myth or an idealised state- i.e. they should get the BOTD...can't say I know any rule that states this though.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/5. law 11_554.pdf

That should help shed light on it one way or another.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks for clarifying- at least you're consistent. I thought we deserved more against Stoke e.g., a win in fact but mix of Butland and the woodwork denied us!

I'll have to watch the Weimann one again- would argue it isn't cut and dry.

About the benefit automatically going to the forward in marginal calls...don't think that's the case. @Portland Bill posted about it on another thread. It was once the case but now I don't think it is a hard and fast rule.

Having said that, we have been on the end of many questionable calls this season- 5 goals disallowed at least 3 of them wrongly. We have had little luck at all from officials this season- remember Norwich at home mid December v the League leaders who were on a big run, yet we had turned it round and Tettey could have been off 2, 3 times- 2nd booking never called...

Now this was 4 and a half seasons ago and seems to be a movable feast, but...nothing about benefit of doubt- having said that was the defender out wider playing us on?

It's a widely stated cliche but maybe a bit of a myth or an idealised state- i.e. they should get the BOTD...can't say I know any rule that states this though.

That should help shed light on it one way or another.

The idea of benefit of the doubt stems from the 'recommendation' that if a linesman is not sure if the forward is an offside position that the flag should not be raised, toward the end. As you say Weimann would have 50% more goals if he were not flagged offside when onside many of those 100% clear.

The issue with Weimann is the boy is quick over five yards, which is why he plays in a number of roles and a fact that lino's seem to not be able to adjust for.

1 hour ago, Pabloavfc said:

It certainly does. 

The whole thing seems a mess, with clubs looking for ways to find loop holes. I don't fully understand it or fully agree with it. I think the idea behind making sure clubs don't go bankrupt is good but then it prevents clubs that have money to spend and gives huge advantages to relegated teams. 

I have no idea how we will get round it, but I doubt we would have been bought by 2 really wealthy guys if they felt we'd be in serious bother 12 months later. 

Having said that, the message from the club is that we won't be spending like we have the last two years. I'm glad, i think we need to be a lot smarter with our money. 

Our midfield 3 of mcginn, hourihane and grealish cost a combined £5 million and have been superb. Compare that to spending nearly £30 million on scott hogan and ross mccormack. I'm all for a sensible approach, with a few loan players in the mix. 

How much did McGinn cost out of interest. Quality player. 

On 14/04/2019 at 09:30, anotherdayinparadise said:

Elmohamady:  "Villa Park rocking as usual"
El Ghazi:  @avfcofficial fans were as always fantastic.
Abraham:  @AVFCOfficial support was ?? once again!
Aston Villa Official: Our biggest crowd of the season. You more than played your part.

Pathetic, bitter Bristol fan:   "Your support was poor"

Just because your players and official club account say your fans were good. Doesn’t exactly mean they were 

55 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The idea of benefit of the doubt stems from the 'recommendation' that if a linesman is not sure if the forward is an offside position that the flag should not be raised, toward the end. As you say Weimann would have 50% more goals if he were not flagged offside when onside many of those 100% clear.

The issue with Weimann is the boy is quick over five yards, which is why he plays in a number of roles and a fact that lino's seem to not be able to adjust for.

40% more goals.

He's scored 10, 4 disallowed. Anyway it's a fair chunk!

Benefit of the doubt isn't really applied so much these days. It was in the past but not so much in modern times- not sure it is actually a factor.

Of the goals, sounds like the 2 in the East Midlands both disallowed were wrong. Nottingham Forest most definitely and consensus on Derby away seemed an error. Swansea and Aston Villa at home a lot tighter.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

40% more goals.

He's scored 10, 4 disallowed. Anyway it's a fair chunk!

Benefit of the doubt isn't really applied so much these days. It was in the past but not so much in modern times- not sure it is actually a factor.

Of the goals, sounds like the 2 in the East Midlands both disallowed were wrong. Nottingham Forest most definitely and consensus on Derby away seemed an error. Swansea and Aston Villa at home a lot tighter.

Is that not 40% 1 goal = 10%

So that is six disallowed goals is it not or did you miss speak? If not so 60% more goals were possible. Either way the point is the bloke has pace over a five yards that give linesman problems

As the FIFA note says it is recommended that the flag should not be raised if the Linesman is unsure...A benefit that rarely applies to Weimann for that reason

Archived