IGNORED

SPOILERS: Game of Thrones S8

Fiale

Well, first episode was like a party full of friends and family where no one has seen each other for years. Everyone has to be re-introduced, and caught up in what they did, related to whom, still working at ? Driving that old ? How's the dog / hobby / holiday villa....... but hey nice to get re-acquainted with the crew.

37 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I had never thought about Bran and Jaimie meeting again. Awkward....

Yes, when Bran was asked why he was sat in the castle forecourt in the cold he said "I'm waiting for a old friend" and I was, hmmm who could that be ? Was not expecting it to be Jamie - though, how easily he got into the castle, and with the nobility just casually walking around, you have to wonder about security there.

I did feel the Bron scene was a waste of time, it is purely as he is a fan favourite but his character has eaten a lot of screen time that could have maybe used to drive the story forward, there are only 6 episodes, and soooooooomuch to do.

47 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Yes, when Bran was asked why he was sat in the castle forecourt in the cold he said "I'm waiting for a old friend" and I was, hmmm who could that be ? Was not expecting it to be Jamie - though, how easily he got into the castle, and with the nobility just casually walking around, you have to wonder about security there.

I did feel the Bron scene was a waste of time, it is purely as he is a fan favourite but his character has eaten a lot of screen time that could have maybe used to drive the story forward, there are only 6 episodes, and soooooooomuch to do.

I thought Bran was waiting for Sam, like he knew Sam would come into the square so was waiting for him to tell him to tell Jon.

Well the Bron scene was presumably a reason for him to travel north given we only saw Jaime leave last season, its sets up the motivation of Cersei wanting Jaime and Tyrion dead.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

I thought Bran was waiting for Sam, like he knew Sam would come into the square so was waiting for him to tell him to tell Jon.

Well the Bron scene was presumably a reason for him to travel north given we only saw Jaime leave last season, its sets up the motivation of Cersei wanting Jaime and Tyrion dead.

I thought the same with Bran at first but it was night when he spoke to Sam and morning when Jamie arrived and he was still sat in the same spot. So given the ending of the episode, i think Jamie was the "old friend".

46 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I thought the same with Bran at first but it was night when he spoke to Sam and morning when Jamie arrived and he was still sat in the same spot. So given the ending of the episode, i think Jamie was the "old friend".

Oh yeah by the end of the episode you know it's him, just when he spoke to Sam I thought he was referring to waiting for Sam

23 hours ago, Fiale said:

Exactly, where were the people on the gates asking for people to open  their coats as they walked in? Shocking lack of security! :whistle:

Well, a lot of talking but not much action. Things that happened :

No one dies... yep a GoT episode and no one dies ?

After Episode one being about reunions, this was purely, the night before battle, who do you want to spend your last night alive with ?

Arya and Gendry finally get their rocks off. She also gets her weapon - I was kinda disappointed, I thought it might have been something more interesting that a double bladed spear ⚔️

Jamie Lannister turns up, and somehow manages to not get his head chopped off regardless of all the shitty things he and his family have done to those around him. He seems to have earned himself just enough good will the last couple of years to keep his head attached for now. He goes onto Knight Brienne, which maybe will finally make her feel she has nothing to prove now, it also mean Pod is a real squire now. Brienne fancies Jamie, does he feel the same way, or does he just have a lot of respect for her:clapping:

Daenerys, even before Jon's revelation to her that he is the heir to the throne (with no proof other than Sam (who Dany just told him she had killed his brother and father) and his brothers "visions") it seemed pretty bad timing, maybe he should have waited until the fighting was all over. Before all this however, she had to sit and see a number of people show affection and loyalty to Sansa, these are people are Danys new allies who she has to rely on / swore fealty to her. It seemed she felt she was being sidelined, maybe feeling that so was losing some of her power other those immediately around her. When Sansa challenged her about the North when she finally gets the throne... awkward ?

We see nothing from the South ?

Tormund's Giant story.... ummm okay moving on :blush:

Bran, well not really liking him. The whole fighting a unwinnable battle that we have coming up, is now "hey we can win as he will come for me, kill the nights king and the whole army will die, just use me a bait" I mean kill all the soldiers and walk in and kill Bran would also accomplish that, why would a leader throw away victory like that ?‍♀️

Anyway only 2 episodes in and it looks like we are set for the big battle in episode 3. I think they are going to lose, Bran will die and they will have a rump of a army to fall back. They will probably sail to the Iron Isles, and take refuge for a while. Which would be fun, as we would then have the undead army becoming even stronger with them raising the Winterfell army to join them. Cersei's army is coming north hoping to catch the rump of the survivors as easy prey, are at worst sandwich the Starks and Dany, instead they will run into a huge army of undead and be totally routed. Cersei will lose all her army, leaders, houses that follow her and be a impotent Queen. Which then leads us to, how will the Night king be defeated ?

Pretty sure Bran is a gonner next episode. Although I reckon he will go out in style as he has had such slow character progression over the seasons that they've put too much effort into his storyline to just kill him off. Think he will take down 1 or 2 whites

One thing that has interested me is, what happens when Bran dies? Does he keep his powers and become a (sort of) white, or will he just become another walker? Will he be able to walk again? If not, he's not much of a walker...

1 minute ago, Nathandao said:

Will he be able to walk again? If not, he's not much of a walker...

?:clapping:

I think he will get killed as well, I just hope we will see something that resolves whether he was also Bran the builder hence the wall, or if it was the walkers who created the wall.

I think they'll win against the dead but Danny will go mad queen style when more northerns find out about Jon and still support him plus his claim to the Iron throne. Think she'll fly south and burn kings landing (think we'll get the moment of the vision of a dragons shadow flying over kings landing here, plus the throne room being ashes) Cersei will somehow survive (to be killed by Jaime if shes not actually pregnant given she's been drinking) and the final battle will be Danny and her armies vs the northerners who get more support from whoever is left.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

So, who's not making it past ep3? Im guessing:

Davos

Brienne

Jamie

Tormund

Podrick

Jorah

Theon

Edd

Beric

Varys

Greyworm

Either Sansa or Arya as a longshot,

Jamie will survive as he’ll probably end up killing his sister.

Gendry just got lucky so I reckon either him or Arya will die.

13 hours ago, hodge said:

I think they'll win against the dead but Danny will go mad queen style when more northerns find out about Jon and still support him plus his claim to the Iron throne. Think she'll fly south and burn kings landing (think we'll get the moment of the vision of a dragons shadow flying over kings landing here, plus the throne room being ashes) Cersei will somehow survive (to be killed by Jaime if shes not actually pregnant given she's been drinking) and the final battle will be Danny and her armies vs the northerners who get more support from whoever is left.

I think Dani will end up becoming a tyrant much like her father after realising she will never get the support from around, and somebody will have to kill her, one of Jon, Arya or Sansa. 

18 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I think Dani will end up becoming a tyrant much like her father after realising she will never get the support from around, and somebody will have to kill her, one of Jon, Arya or Sansa. 

She ceratinly seemed pissed Jon has a claim to the throne. That was her first thought, not "oh i've been shagging my nephew, that's gross".

They made a big thing of showing how accurate Arya was. 

She’s had that spear made, I think she’ll be the one to take out the ice dragon. 

I’ll be gutted if Tormund dies, at least we know the Hound is safe against the White Walkers because no way will he die without fighting the mountain first. 

13 hours ago, Gazred said:

So, who's not making it past ep3? Im guessing:

Davos

Brienne

Jamie

Tormund

Podrick

Jorah

Theon

Edd

Beric

Varys

Greyworm

Either Sansa or Arya as a longshot,

Bran

Theon

Grey Worm or Missandei 

Edd

Tormund 

Davos

Brienne

The crypts are supposedly bigger than Winterfell itself and run very deep. There are dozens and dozens of dead Starks down there.

There's forshadowing and then there are blatent hints. It wouldn't be so bad but everytime they mention the crypts, they have to mention the word safest in the sentence!

On the preview for next week, Dany says the line "the dead are already here". Probably not in relation once you see the full scene but certainly another possible hint to the crypts.

13 hours ago, Big C said:

I thought they overplayed how safe the crypts are going to be. Aren't the crypts full of dead people??

Yep, and in a couple of trailers they showed Jon, Sansa and Arya down there. Arya was running from something in one of them.

It is possible that the battle is bit of a decoy anyway. The large part of the white walkers army might be heading to Kings Landing that is now pretty much unguarded. They could come get a huge army by laying waste to all the land. In one of the seasons they mention kings landing is home to over a million people Jon says "that's more than the whole of the north" in just one city.

Archived