IGNORED

SPOILERS: Game of Thrones S8

Fiale

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I guess we didn't see that many Unsullied die and we just assumed that they must have been killed when they actually survived the battle or maybe there were a lot of them held in reserve?  They must have had a huge number of losses though!

We saw Greyworm pull up the pointy drawbridge to block them out with the dead men and then a few scenes later you see the dead men lined up as it gets set on fire so not sure where else they would have gone other than died?

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I guess we didn't see that many Unsullied die and we just assumed that they must have been killed when they actually survived the battle or maybe there were a lot of them held in reserve?  They must have had a huge number of losses though!

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

We saw Greyworm pull up the pointy drawbridge to block them out with the dead men and then a few scenes later you see the dead men lined up as it gets set on fire so not sure where else they would have gone other than died?

I know strange right - in the battle plans the models showed all the unsullied in front of the trench, during the battle Greyworm ordered them to stand their ground and cover the retreat, he then pulled up the drawbridge and the trench was set alight. They should be all dead, but it seems we missed something. Also the Dothraki, i mean it was impressive to watch, but that charge was just pointless.

Cersei should never had settled the debt with the Iron bank, whilst she is paying instalments and has outstanding debts shes needed, but settling the whole loan in one go.... not good.

1 hour ago, grifty said:

I’ve no idea, most of the Dothraki and Unsullied scenes were too dark for me to make much out. 

My prediction...The Mountain to kill the Hound. Ariya to avenge the Hound and kill the Mountain. She then does her many face god trick to kill Ceresi using the Mountains body. 

All the while the Golden Company will pledge allegiance with Jon as I believe they hold the Tarrgereon name true fighting against Euron and Cersies army.

Probably well off I know.

2 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

My prediction...The Mountain to kill the Hound. Ariya to avenge the Hound and kill the Mountain. She then does her many face god trick to kill Ceresi using the Mountains body. 

All the while the Golden Company will pledge allegiance with Jon as I believe they hold the Tarrgereon name true fighting against Euron and Cersies army.

Probably well off I know.

Like the Arya/Hound revenge bit. Not sure about Cersei though, reckon her and Jamie take each other out.

How did they know they were headed to Dragonstone? Traitor amongst them?

Dany looks like she's about to lose her shit.

I'd love a night on the town with  Tormund, what a legend. At least he gets to live on...for now.

23 minutes ago, Gazred said:

How did they know they were headed to Dragonstone? Traitor amongst them?

Dany looks like she's about to lose her shit.

I'd love a night on the town with  Tormund, what a legend. At least he gets to live on...for now.

They were talking about starving Kings Landing out and Dragonstone is the Island in the entrance to Baywater. Still silly they did not spot the fleet though, especially after Varys mentioned it in the war room.

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

They were talking about starving Kings Landing out and Dragonstone is the Island in the entrance to Baywater. Still silly they did not spot the fleet though, especially after Varys mentioned it in the war room.

They really have the worst war tactics ever, carrying on from the long night. Ie..The Dolthraki riding into the abyss or the dragons not holding back wiping out the first wave of Whites.

18 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I enjoyed the episode but it had terrible pacing. The jumps from Winterfell to Dragonstone to Kings Landing were really jarring. I get that they don’t want to waste 5 episodes on people traveling though!

Same here, I enjoy the big battle episodes but the more 'talky' political ones are just as good. Glad to see Cersei back in the mix, hands down the most villainous character that reall adds something to the series.

Agree about the pacing though, big jump scenes and the surprise attack - it all feels a little rushed.

Starting to think there may be some big twists and turns ahead, notably in the Dragon Queen's storyline; you can slowly see her getting angrier and acknowledging that she doesn't have support of the people. She's also losing the confidence of many advisors. 

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

Same here, I enjoy the big battle episodes but the more 'talky' political ones are just as good. Glad to see Cersei back in the mix, hands down the most villainous character that reall adds something to the series.

Agree about the pacing though, big jump scenes and the surprise attack - it all feels a little rushed.

Starting to think there may be some big twists and turns ahead, notably in the Dragon Queen's storyline; you can slowly see her getting angrier and acknowledging that she doesn't have support of the people. She's also losing the confidence of many advisors. 

Potential for her to go mad like her forbearer? Doing a 180 from her original position from series 1

Certainly her piss was boiling for all to see last night.

The whole last 2 series have been sped up too much for my liking. But I'm still massively enjoying the show

24 minutes ago, TRL said:

Potential for her to go mad like her forbearer? Doing a 180 from her original position from series 1

Certainly her piss was boiling for all to see last night.

The whole last 2 series have been sped up too much for my liking. But I'm still massively enjoying the show

Precisely what I'm predicting, go the way her father went and end up mad. She sees the love and admiration everyone has for Jon Snow. Couple that with the scheming of her closest advisors and undoubtedly some mutiny along the way, she'll end up a paranoid raging mess. No doubts she'll try to burn down the City with all the people in there too, especially as that was her friend's dying wish.

Agree on your show sentiments too - still thoroughly enjoyable despite the very rushed feel to it all.

Wow what a terrible episode.... I've lost so much interest in the show now that I decided to read the Reddit spoilers.. it get's so much worse, I literally couldn't think of a more terrible ending. I'd rather they all died fighting the night king, all become part of the dead army and took over the world. 

Wow, ummm well it was brilliantly shot (compared the battle with the army with the Nights kings). We finally get to see the power of Dragons as in the books and why they were so feared, but it felt weird as the show has never really shown them like this (as opposed to the books). The Scorpions, on 12 moving ships, manage to kill a Dragon multiple times, now 100's of scorpions and not a single hit / even close shot.

I mean the whole episode was shot and scored (music was really good) really well - just, as a final boss battle, was that it ? 

Need to think on this one for a bit.

as @WarksRobin said  RIP Kings Landing

This final season has been disappointing. It just feels so rushed. The use of the final remaining charactors havnt been utilised in the best way in my opinion. What a terrible climax for Ceresi. What was the actual point of Aryra being at Kings Landing come the end? She did nothing. Is Eurons death confirmed? Where is Yara and the Iron born? Tormunds exit last week was rubbish. Here have a castle up north..tada. I thought we'd see more of Breanne at Kings landing fighting the cause. Meh.

Well that was a spectacular mess, but i did enjoy it.

These last couple of seasons have been more about the spectacle than the characters. It's great in the moment but I'm left feeling underwhelmed which i never used to after a good episode.

Probably one of the more contrived episodes. Hopefully we get a good finale.

4 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

This final season has been disappointing. It just feels so rushed. The use of the final remaining charactors havnt been utilised in the best way in my opinion. What a terrible climax for Ceresi. What was the actual point of Aryra being at Kings Landing come the end? She did nothing. Is Eurons death confirmed? Where is Yara and the Iron born? Tormunds exit last week was rubbish. Here have a castle up north..tada. I thought we'd see more of Breanne at Kings landing fighting the cause. Meh.

I’m guessing the point of Arya being there comes next week when she reacts to what she saw.

I don’t know what I make of that episode. There are some interesting ideas and I think the character development can be justified when you think about it but they are making the audience do a lot of work joining the dots between plot points to make it all make sense. There seem to be certain scenes missing. A scene or two more revealing Danaerys’ changing state of mind, the scene where the Starks talk about what they learned about Jon Snow and a bit more of Varys’ plotting and it could all feel more coherent, plus - as you say - certain characters appear to have disappeared or packed off elsewhere just to save time covering them. 

All in all, I think they made a mistake making this a six episode series. Those extra four episodes could have given them space to explore the characters a little more and the storytelling could have felt much better for it.

Glad Euron is gone though. He was a character I really disliked and not even in a “satisfying villain” kind of way. He had all the depth and complexity of Lord Flashheart in Blackadder but without Rik Mayall’s charm or acting ability.

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’m guessing the point of Arya being there comes next week when she reacts to what she saw.

I don’t know what I make of that episode. There are some interesting ideas and I think the character development can be justified when you think about it but they are making the audience do a lot of work joining the dots between plot points to make it all make sense. There seem to be certain scenes missing. A scene or two more revealing Danaerys’ changing state of mind, the scene where the Starks talk about what they learned about Jon Snow and a bit more of Varys’ plotting and it could all feel more coherent, plus - as you say - certain characters appear to have disappeared or packed off elsewhere just to save time covering them. 

All in all, I think they made a mistake making this a six episode series. Those extra four episodes could have given them space to explore the characters a little more and the storytelling could have felt much better for it.

Glad Euron is gone though. He was a character I really disliked and not even in a “satisfying villain” kind of way. He had all the depth and complexity of Lord Flashheart in Blackadder but without Rik Mayall’s charm or acting ability.

Underwhelmed is the word. They've basically crammed two seasons into six episodes. I thought we would have learned more about the Knight Kings intentions with Braan etc. I thought the Starks Dire wolves would have had more involement throughout the whole show. Jon didnt even pat ghost good bye when he left for KL. 

The Hound and Mountain scene was good though. 

In terms of the episode itself I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of action and great visuals akin the to the Pomepii disaster or something.

But as others have said, so disatisfied with how rushed it all feels. So many storylines, characters, moral compasses and big villain deaths all happening wily-nilly without zero thought or good planned writing. Hopefully the final episode can salvage the series.

Jon will kill Dani, but more because she's going/gone batshit crazy. He'll also end up with the dragon...

Tyrion will end up marrying Sanza (again).

Also read somewhere today that they're doing a prequel to GOT - Bloodlines or something similar? Will be telling the back story set over about 500 years before everything else, and will tell the story of the original whitewalkers.

Jon will kill Dany (there is a prophesy along these lines in the books) and become the Prince Who Was Promised. 

I think Tyrion is toast if only to give Peter Dinklage one last great moment. 

A lot of the surviving cast are not in the opening credits in Ep5 which suggests their stories are finished. 

Arya to travel to Storms End to marry Gendry and fulfil the Baratheon/Stark match from the first episode. 

And everything comes full circle. 

Dany going crazy will mean the "happy" ending is not going to happen.

I think Dany will go after Sansa next.  She'll see Sansa as a threat and want revenge for Sansa revealing Jon's parentage.  To save Sansa, Jon will plan to kill Dany but will end up dying in the attempt.  Dany will then think she is safe but Arya will kill her in revenge.

Gendry will then take the throne.

Archived