IGNORED

Step forward for Bristol’s Ashton Gate plans

t_b

8 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think you're right. Cablecars it is then!

Car Park in Ashton Court and a  zipwire from the Suspension Bridge to Ashton Gate. 

Back on track - weren't we initially led to believe that the building of the Cumberland Village houses and/or the access through SL's Ashton Vale to another new housing development (Alderman Moore's?) was a quid pro quo to assure the waving through of permission to build the Arena complex? Hopefully this is still the case. 

Here's the bumf from the complex reveal last year 

https://stadiumexperience.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ashton-Gate-Development.pdf

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Car Park in Ashton Court and a  zipwire from the Suspension Bridge to Ashton Gate. 

They should put one form the top of Dundry church down to the city centre (proceeds can then go to repair the church as the wealthy people of Dundry don't seem very community minded in regards to it).

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Back on track - weren't we initially led to believe that the building of the Cumberland Village houses and/or the access through SL's Ashton Vale to another new housing development (Alderman Moore's?) was a quid pro quo to assure the waving through of permission to build the Arena complex? Hopefully this is still the case. 

Here's the bumf from the complex reveal last year 

https://stadiumexperience.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ashton-Gate-Development.pdf

I think it was/is more of a case of both schemes being intrinsically linked and required to be considered together as part of the planning process as one will part fund the other. From the EIA report................. 

2.11 Whilst the Site currently forms part of the Green Belt between Bristol and Long Ashton it is noted that draft versions of the Bristol Local Plan are proposing that the Site be removed from the Green Belt and that the Site be identified as a potential location for development, although this has yet to be adopted. The purpose of pursuing the development of the Site is to enable the unlocking of a second site at Land to the west of Ashton Gate, which will also be subject to a standalone planning application and associated EIA.

2.12 The two sites; Land north of Metrobus and Land to the west of Ashton Gate are intrinsically linked. This is because the proposed Land north of Metrobus development will serve to enable the overall delivery of key components of the Land to the west of Ashton Gate development, which will comprise a mixed-use centre with a new sports arena at its heart.

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I think it was/is more of a case of both schemes being intrinsically linked and required to be considered together as part of the planning process as one will part fund the other. From the EIA report................. 

Officially yes, but I thought that there was an understanding 

16 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I think you're being a tad disingenuous there. Don't you remember the school kids playing chess at the Council House  City Hall

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-mayor-marvin-rees-publishes-640182 (number35) 

if anyone ever needed proof what a waste of money the mayor is the list proves it. But would be interesting to know how many of these items were directly down to his control and he initiated them rather than jumping on the bandwagon,  also the things he does not want on the list like big payoffs

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

if anyone ever needed proof what a waste of money the mayor is the list proves it. But would be interesting to know how many of these items were directly down to his control and he initiated them rather than jumping on the bandwagon,  also the things he does not want on the list like big payoffs

How about a list of Marvin's Top Ten Unapproved Severance Payouts

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Officially yes, but I thought that there was an understanding 

There may be some form of memorandum of understanding between landowners and authorities but any suggestion of "back-scratching" was probably more fan speculation and conjecture. There is no way SL would leave himself open to a judicial review again

30 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

That list.....??.

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Totally agree.

What about transport or joined up working with other authorities to enable large scale government funding for infrastructure ?

Instead of 100 little "achievements" how about 5 major transformational achievements ?

Waste of time and money.

10 hours ago, pillred said:

Have said the very same thing myself, I think there was too much of a sentimental attachment to Ashton Gate, we will live to regret not being able to move but some people just wont have it.

I suspect we would still be embroiled in a legal quagmire, thats the problem with AV.

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Totally agree.

What about transport or joined up working with other authorities to enable large scale government funding for infrastructure ?

Instead of 100 little "achievements" how about 5 major transformational achievements ?

Waste of time and money.

Might be more of a question for our Metro Mayor "Tory Tim" Bowles who was elected in 2017 to do just that and has disappeared of the face of the earth since.

We can criticise Marvin as much as we like but at least he is visable.

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I suspect we would still be embroiled in a legal quagmire, thats the problem with AV.

oh! I don't doubt, it drove me round the bend the pettiness of it all, it would have been 3 hours every other week for 8 months of the year at most, now who knows what will eventually end up there a former landfill sight next to an existing industrial estate flanked by a busy dual carriage way hardly the Lake District was it.

Archived