IGNORED

Notre Dame cathedral fire (Merged)

Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

There has just been an interesting interview with the recently retired ‘ caretaker ‘ of Notre Dame who says the following ;

There was no chance of a short circuit to the electrical installation because it was changed not so long ago.

That there are special monitors(  which record the intake of oxygen I believe) and are early detectors of a possible fire outbreak.

That there are two guards present all the time to watch over the building.

He explained that old oak is very difficult to burn and he’s very surprised by the speed that the fire took hold . 

He doesn’t want to advance any theories but is surprised how quickly the fire was called an ‘ accident ‘.

With the greatest respect to him, he could easily have been asuperb caretaker without needing to be an expert on how fire spreads. As we saw with Grenfell, fire is an unpredictable thing and often people do not notice or anticipate the weak links that cause a fire to spread. The fact there are always guards on site could be a contributory factor in why they have been so quick to conclude it was an accident. It may be they already have the information required to rule out the possibility of a deliberate act. Sadly, as others have said, periods of renovations often increase the chance of fire risks.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There has just been an interesting interview with the recently retired ‘ caretaker ‘ of Notre Dame who says the following ;

There was no chance of a short circuit to the electrical installation because it was changed not so long ago.

That there are special monitors(  which record the intake of oxygen I believe) and are early detectors of a possible fire outbreak.

That there are two guards present all the time to watch over the building.

He explained that old oak is very difficult to burn and he’s very surprised by the speed that the fire took hold . 

He doesn’t want to advance any theories but is surprised how quickly the fire was called an ‘ accident ‘.

The author Ken Follett has said much the same thing. Apparently his book 'Pillars of Earth' dealt with the building of cathedrals in the Middle Ages, and fire therein, although I have not read it. There has been a spate of such incidents in France this year and recently, mid-March, a fire in the second largest church in Paris, St. Sulpice  (used in the Da Vinci code film) which investigators have said was definitely started deliberately. A half of all detectives in Paris are now working on the case according to the Press but it would come as no surprise if there were to be a cover-up if foul play discovered, especially if caused by 'the Usual Suspects'. You only have to study the sequencing of the pictures of the fire to see that the theory that the intensity of the blaze was caused by the spire falling through the roof into the nave is completely false.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, marshy said:

.......especially if caused by 'the Usual Suspects'.

You only have to study the sequencing of the pictures of the fire to see that the theory that the intensity of the blaze was caused by the spire falling through the roof into the nave is completely false.

Who are "the usual suspects" for causing fires in French churches?

No offence but are you an expert in fire and how it spreads or just going on some "theory"?

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Who are "the usual suspects" for causing fires in French churches?

No offence but are you an expert in fire and how it spreads or just going on some "theory"?

Have you looked at the pictures in sequence? There was already an intense fire in the roof area well before the spire fell. Of course I'm no expert, I doubt that many of the people on here commenting on any number of topics are experts in the topics on which they comment. Looking at the evidence as I see it, however, I see no reason to disagree with Ken Follett whom I think can be regarded as an expert on these matters. If foul play were to be suspected and if, a big 'if', the findings were to be made public then fingers would obviously be pointed at Islamic extremism. They do after all have a history of destroying religious monuments of which they disapprove, the giant Buddhas of Bamyan in Afghanistan and the temple of Baal at Palmyra for instance.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:43, Red Right Hand said:

BBC are saying that the next ninety minutes are critical. Sadly the rose window has been destroyed and one of the bell towers is now alight. Looking at the footage I really can`t see how anything can be saved. For those of us who love architecture and history this is a very sad day.

Amazingly the Rose Windows have survived the blaze.

2 hours ago, marshy said:

The author Ken Follett has said much the same thing. Apparently his book 'Pillars of Earth' dealt with the building of cathedrals in the Middle Ages, and fire therein, although I have not read it. There has been a spate of such incidents in France this year and recently, mid-March, a fire in the second largest church in Paris, St. Sulpice  (used in the Da Vinci code film) which investigators have said was definitely started deliberately. A half of all detectives in Paris are now working on the case according to the Press but it would come as no surprise if there were to be a cover-up if foul play discovered, especially if caused by 'the Usual Suspects'. You only have to study the sequencing of the pictures of the fire to see that the theory that the intensity of the blaze was caused by the spire falling through the roof into the nave is completely false.

Was waiting for the conspiracy theorists to pop up.

1 ) The fire at Ste Sulpice was quite small, did limited damage, and was started by a pile of clothes belonging to one of the homeless people who live in its porch being torched. The predominant theory is that it arose from a dispute between the homeless or some git attacking the vulnerable. I very much doubt half of Paris's police force is working on it.

2 ) Jihadists are not slow at coming forward to "claim" their actions. Nothing here.

3 ) Old oak burns very well, as the York Minster fire proved.

4)  If the French government suspected Notre Dame was arson, it would have no reason to cover the cause up. It was quick enough to identify Sainte-Sulpice as arson. At present we don't know what started the Notre-Dame blaze, but the presence of widespread building work and the acceleration afforded a fire by the presence of scaffolding boards over much of the Cathedral exterior has to be the main line of inquiry.

5 ) The Express and the Sun have repeated fake news claims from tinfoil hat website sources that 10 French churches have been thus attacked. in fact, a small fire was started in one church in February by ********* who left Satanic symbols in the church. Two other church's suffered similar vandalism this year, but without fires. None were in Paris or areas of high Muslim population and it is probably just kids twatting about. France has more churches than the UK and I don't see a spike in vandalism there any more than over here. We've twice had our parish church window smashed in the last two years by some numbnut. The culprit in rural Somerset is highly unlikely to be Muslim, nor are Muslims likely to draw Satanic symbols in churches in France. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was waiting for the conspiracy theorists to pop up.

Sadly many threads go over the same things 

As this thread was originally about the fire and that is now out, I'm closing this thread as I don't think it's appropriate to go on a slanging match 

If and when any evidence of wrongdoing is identified I will reopen this thread and if necessary apologise where appropriate 

• The topic was locked

So according to MSN...

Virtually NON of the £££'s Millions promised/pledged by Billionaire businesses in high profile, publicity hungry press releases during the media frenzy around the Notre Dame fire has actually materialised this far..

The vast majority of donations received to date have come from the ordinary 'anonymous' public chipping in what they can … while the big brands and mega rich families have sat back reaping the benefits and goodwill their opportunistic highly publicised but hollow promises of Millions have earned them... Bullshit self promotion for F ok All …  while the poor stump up as usual. 

• The topic was unlocked

Archived