IGNORED

expensive city coaches

Redwhitepurple

I cant understand why citys coaches have gone up drastically over the years.... They were once a very affordable way of travelling

forgest green rovers charge A MAXIMUM £22 cat A game, which is before the £5 season ticket saving so £17.... forest green rovers to carlisle if a season ticket holder £17! bristol city to millwall £23 if season ticket holder. we take probaly 4 times as many coaches so it should be even cheaper for city to hire than forest green hiring coaches, with buying power etc. to me its just another way of exploiting fans instead of rewarding them

It's just the way things go, not every club are going to be the same.. like Stoke who offered FREE away travel for the season, we will never do that.. the free Purple&Lime shirt given to the fans who went to Boro this season was probably the first thing they've rewarded fans with in a VERY long time.

14 minutes ago, WhenHarryMetAlli said:

It's just the way things go, not every club are going to be the same.. like Stoke who offered FREE away travel for the season, we will never do that.. the free Purple&Lime shirt given to the fans who went to Boro this season was probably the first thing they've rewarded fans with in a VERY long time.

Wasn't this when they were in the prem and all teams get given money for fan initiatives? Think Arsenal use it to cap away ticket costs etc

20 minutes ago, WhenHarryMetAlli said:

This was when they were in the Prem but they extended it for this season when they got relegated.

Guess it'll be a case of seeing if they still do it in a season or 2 when parachute payments go down/disappear 

1 hour ago, WhenHarryMetAlli said:

Stoke didn't offer free away travel for the season.

Stokes SPONSOR offered free away travel for the season.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Guess it'll be a case of seeing if they still do it in a season or 2 when parachute payments go down/disappear 

They didn't do it in the first place, was their sponsor.

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I cant understand why citys coaches have gone up drastically over the years.... They were once a very affordable way of travelling

forgest green rovers charge A MAXIMUM £22 cat A game, which is before the £5 season ticket saving so £17.... forest green rovers to carlisle if a season ticket holder £17! bristol city to millwall £23 if season ticket holder. we take probaly 4 times as many coaches so it should be even cheaper for city to hire than forest green hiring coaches, with buying power etc. to me its just another way of exploiting fans instead of rewarding them

What FGR failed to mention was their transport is a horse and cart. Supporters have to take a week off work for Carlisle away.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

What FGR failed to mention was their transport is a horse and cart. Supporters have to take a week off work for Carlisle away.

If I've told you once I've told you a million times @BCFC11 there's no need to exaggerate … 

Horse and cart ffs, that ridiculous. 

Anyway here's photo evidence of a typical FGR away day... 

tandem_bike_by_davidjasdero-d322ftn.jpg

and a video too.... https://youtu.be/K0m29taNmE8 

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

If I've told you once I've told you a million times @BCFC11 there's no need to exaggerate … 

Horse and cart ffs, that ridiculous. 

Anyway here's photo evidence of a typical FGR away day... 

tandem_bike_by_davidjasdero-d322ftn.jpg

Ah the Goodies!

People love to knock the 70s, but in those days we had Saturdays that included City in the top division, and the Goodies and Dr Who (Tom Baker - the best Doctor) on TV in the evening. Ain't nostalgia great!

I often compare coach prices with a friend in Preston. Her costs for a comparable distance often are around £8 cheaper. She pays £22, we pay £30 for example.

Stoke have free travel. We have been told in the past because they were in the Premier League and it was paid for by their sponsors, a betting company so we couldn’t possibly do the same. Well except for parachute payments they are in the same boat as us now. I don’t expect free travel but in line with Preston perhaps?

11 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Because as Landsdown said its a business, making money from the fans, like charging a extra £1 for every matchday tkt sold, 

19 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Not so reasonable for a family of 3 or 4......or even a couple?

I don’t think it’s the coach price that might stop people arranging “Date night” or a family trip to a midweek away match at Millwall..! 

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Or 9 or 10 or 11? What's your point? £23 for 1 person to South London seems reasonable to me. How much do you think it should be? 

£23 for 1 adult isn't the issue. £46 for 2 adults isn't an issue either.....but another £46 for 2 extra kids could be.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

£23 to Bermondsey and back seems reasonable to me TBH 

£3 to get there and a bargain £20 to get the heck out and back to the wonderful West Country again ?  

(personally, as every passenger is a paying customer for the match itself and therefore contributing to the football 'industry' (which basically is what it is) I think transport should be subsidised by clubs/sponsors anyway, or at least non profit making, why not?  Certainly for dedicated followers and season ticket holders )   

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

£23 for 1 adult isn't the issue. £46 for 2 adults isn't an issue either.....but another £46 for 2 extra kids could be.

It’s £23 per seat. It’s not the club’s fault that seats might be taken up by kids. There aren’t thousands of seats available, like in a stadium, so it’s difficult to offer child prices. 

Having a family makes everything more expensive. You know that before you wished she’d swallowed.!

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s £23 per seat. It’s not the club’s fault that seats might be taken up by kids. There aren’t thousands of seats available, like in a stadium, so it’s difficult to offer child prices. 

Having a family makes everything more expensive. You know that before you wished she’d swallowed.!

Where else do kids get charged the same price as adults?

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Theatre, concerts, other football clubs official travel services. 

Theatres and concerts etc, will have a range of ticket prices so you do have the option of buying the cheapest tickets available.

Most other forms of transport/travel will charge kids less than adults.

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Theatres and concerts etc, will have a range of ticket prices so you do have the option of buying the cheapest tickets available.

Most other forms of transport/travel will charge kids less than adults.

Most football coaches don’t. Megabus don’t. National Express don’t seem too. Taxis don’t. 

I’m not sure there is a cheaper way of getting from Ashton Gate to Millwall and back, other than driving yourself. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most football coaches don’t. Megabus don’t. National Express don’t seem too. Taxis don’t. 

I’m not sure there is a cheaper way of getting from Ashton Gate to Millwall and back, other than driving yourself. 

Megabus are cheap no matter who sits in the seat.....and Taxi's don't charge per seat.

I drive to all away games, but sometimes it would be nice to go by coach. The thought of paying £120+ for four of us to go to Hull instead of £40/50 by car makes the decision for me.

Archived