IGNORED

Easter Eggs

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nothing says more about the resurrection of Jeebus*, our Lord and Saviour, more than some overpriced chocolate and, if you are lucky, a mug with the brand name of that particular brand of chocolate on it

*warning, may not be our actual lord and saviour. Or even real. 

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Lots of people moaning about this on Twitter. Just don’t buy it. 

If the complaint is that kids will be disappointed then use it as an opportunity to teach your kids a life lesson. Disappointing things happen. 

Teach them the value of money. No bad thing. 

Well just think when families go to the cinema, they buy the sweets/chocolate on the concessions trolley for like £4 each when they could get FOUR bags for the same price in ASDA/Tesco etc I use to work in the cinema and we had no problems people buying them elsewhere and bringing them in..  no cinema management team forces customers to buy them, they are there if they want them and this is exactly what the club is doing.. it's all about marketing, making money, should people want their children to have something with City on, let them be. The kids will love them and that's all that should matter for the parents who choose to pay over the price to see a smile.

The families will buy these eggs, it is up to them what they want to spend their money on.. they pay their taxes at the end of the day (at least I hope they do, I do!).

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

There's no way those Easter Eggs were £1.00, I've been around a few of the 'cheaper' stores, and those look like £3.00 eggs to me!

They were in Tesco for £1 about 3/4 weeks ago. Not sure elsewhere but in my local extra store they were right in the door way as you walked in, I bought 3 and they’ve all gone already ?

I won't shell out that much for an egg  Will just buy one from the supermarket and design and print my own sleeve.

Will just make the crest and decals slightly different to avoid a copyright breach ?

While I'm at it, I might knock up some Colin Daniel sleeves to fit around a Cadburys Creme Egg for a few Gas mates ?

What do I make for my egg chaser friends though?

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I won't shell out that much for an egg  Will just buy one from the supermarket and design and print my own sleeve.

Will just make the crest and decals slightly different to avoid a copyright breach ?

While I'm at it, I might knock up some Colin Daniel sleeves to fit around a Cadburys Creme Egg for a few Gas mates ?

What do I make for my egg chaser friends though?

Make ova shaped ones for the rugger buggahs 

I think I’m having a Bah Humbug moment (or whatever the Easter equivalent is)...

Easter eggs are surely one of the most over priced and more importantly over packaged products out there. Yes some look beautiful but strip away the packaging and there’s not a lot too them. And then you are left with cardboard and plastic which go straight into the recycling bin or worse the dustbin. What a waste of power and time, producing something at is at least 50% packaging and thrown away, shocking.

I’m no environmental do-gooder by any means, but can’t stand pointless stuff, this is pointless, avoidable waste. In our ( the club’s) case it’s not like they are randomly autographed by the players or anything, and the kids ( or adults) will keep the packaging...maybe that’s an idea? 

I know Easter egg chocolate is thin and has to be protected, but there must be a better way. I don’t want Easter eggs not to exist but it’s like many other things become commercial garbage. It’s basically a bar of chocolate in a different shape surrounded by plastic and cardboard, why are we buying such stuff.

When my kids were little they had a couple of small eggs and a Easter present, they were far happier with that as it lasted long after the eggs had gone. 

As I said, Bah Easter Bunny!

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think I’m having a Bah Humbug moment (or whatever the Easter equivalent is)...

Easter eggs are surely one of the most over priced and more importantly over packaged products out there. Yes some look beautiful but strip away the packaging and there’s not a lot too them. And then you are left with cardboard and plastic which go straight into the recycling bin or worse the dustbin. What a waste of power and time, producing something at is at least 50% packaging and thrown away, shocking.

I’m no environmental do-gooder by any means, but can’t stand pointless stuff, this is pointless, avoidable waste. In our ( the club’s) case it’s not like they are randomly autographed by the players or anything, and the kids ( or adults) will keep the packaging...maybe that’s an idea? 

I know Easter egg chocolate is thin and has to be protected, but there must be a better way. I don’t want Easter eggs not to exist but it’s like many other things become commercial garbage. It’s basically a bar of chocolate in a different shape surrounded by plastic and cardboard, why are we buying such stuff.

When my kids were little they had a couple of small eggs and a Easter present, they were far happier with that as it lasted long after the eggs had gone. 

^Alright Swampy.

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

If they were solid chocolate that would solve the problem.. If not the size of my belly 

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Lots of people moaning about this on Twitter. Just don’t buy it. 

If the complaint is that kids will be disappointed then use it as an opportunity to teach your kids a life lesson. Disappointing things happen. 

Unbelievable that this is even an issue, let alone a 2 page thread..! 

I bet people moaning about it are likely sat there wearing a £30 t-shirt, at would cost £5/10 without branding in it, or £50/60 trainers, which were displayed next to £20 options, without Nike or Adidas logos on them... 

If their kids kick off about wanting an over priced egg, either buy it, or explain its the only one they’ll be getting, or explain that they could have 3 or 4 others, instead of that one. 

What’s wrong with people that they actually feel the need to publicly complain about the option, of an optional purchase..?! 

I don’t think that £7 is good value for a hollow chocolate egg & 1 creme egg, so guess what I’m going to (not) do...?! 

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Unbelievable that this is even an issue, let alone a 2 page thread..! 

I bet people moaning about it are likely sat there wearing a £30 t-shirt, at would cost £5/10 without branding in it, or £50/60 trainers, which were displayed next to £20 options, without Nike or Adidas logos on them... 

If their kids kick off about wanting an over priced egg, either buy it, or explain its the only one they’ll be getting, or explain that they could have 3 or 4 others, instead of that one. 

What’s wrong with people that they actually feel the need to publicly complain about the option, of an optional purchase..?! 

I don’t think that £7 is good value for a hollow chocolate egg & 1 creme egg, so guess what I’m going to (not) do...?! 

It's probably got more to do with the rebranding of a Cadbury product. A bit like buying a Man Utd shirt with a Bristol City badge added.

Archived