IGNORED

Easter Eggs

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Completely.

Would love to know how who they will blame for this!

Sorry Rob, but this is actually down to you.

I heard the club were just about to send out some food vouchers, but wanted to try and make back the money they would lose out on by doing so.

So they marked up some Easter eggs to get the difference back quickly.

The toblerone bars were in the shop before Christmas. Initially Bears which I think sold quite well. So I guess they scaled up. Is this really an issue!? With all the problems we have in the world, double-packaged Easter Eggs surely isn’t really that pressing. 

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The toblerone bars were in the shop before Christmas. Initially Bears which I think sold quite well. So I guess they scaled up. Is this really an issue!? With all the problems we have in the world, double-packaged Easter Eggs surely isn’t really that pressing. 

You're only being dismissive as you've had climate change disruption today.

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

All over Points bloody West now, reporter at AG the whole works.

Why do we do dumb stuff like this? Let`s leave it to our neighbours north of the river.

Even more remarkable that Bristol Sport have made no comment...............:disapointed2se:

10 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

How time flies.

You should be boycotting the purchase of this egg because it is made by Cadbury. Have we forgotten what they did to to the workforce in K E Y N S H A M ( for Horace Bachelor)? Some of them might have been ST  (season ticketers, not Swindon Towners) and still can't afford to go to the Gate any more!

I know a few of us here refuse to buy Cadbury products as a consequence. Our protest has not gone unnoticed......all right it has but it's the principle of the thing!

Well done BCFC for correctly over pricing the egg so that nobody buys a Cadbury product. Introduce a Guillberts Bristol Made egg instead at £3 (assuming this company still exists)!

Have to say I only buy Cadburys eggs

as they are the only ones i have found with the word EASTER on them

I have boycotted any egg without the word Easter on the packaging 

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Even more remarkable that Bristol Sport have made no comment...............:disapointed2se:

Why does that not shock me?

Edit: I’m not that bothered because more fool the people that buy them.  Not a good look for BS but not the worst.

P.S anyone that wants a Bristol City label to stick to their shop bought Easter eggs I can provide.

It’s written in crayon but I’ll do them for 75p (plus P&P)

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

Companies make loads of money out of selling "Easter eggs" at Easter

but wont put the word Easter on their packaging as it may offend certain groups 

Wonder how many of the 'offended' are actively celebrating their chosen religion....

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

TBF it was a Pagan celebration originally.  The Church just nicked it.

29 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

That’s absolute bollocks though, isn’t it? 

11 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

How time flies.

You should be boycotting the purchase of this egg because it is made by Cadbury. Have we forgotten what they did to to the workforce in K E Y N S H A M ( for Horace Bachelor)? Some of them might have been ST  (season ticketers, not Swindon Towners) and still can't afford to go to the Gate any more!

I know a few of us here refuse to buy Cadbury products as a consequence. Our protest has not gone unnoticed......all right it has but it's the principle of the thing!

Well done BCFC for correctly over pricing the egg so that nobody buys a Cadbury product. Introduce a Guillberts Bristol Made egg instead at £3 (assuming this company still exists)!

It was Kraft that shut the Keynsham factory - not Cadbury. And that was after Kraft promised not to close it down.....nothing to do with Cadbury .... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249728/Cadbury-sacks-400-workers-Kraft-breaks-promise-shut-factory.html

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Whats the big deal? If its too expensive dont buy it, they'll soon get the message ?‍♂️

This. 

Some idiots are suggesting it's "robbery"! 

Have a day off. Everyone is perfectly entitled not to buy it. 

More of a scandal would be anyone charging over 20p for Heineken or Carlsberg. 

13 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

All Easter Eggs should be overpriced. Stop People’s kids getting fat and there teeth decaying. People worry about obesity then buy themselves and there kids stupid amounts of chocolate. City should charge 15 pound an egg 

A few Easter eggs isn’t the reason for childhood obesity ?

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not so worried about us selling hugely marked up tat, all shops do it afterall. I’m more concerned that someone in charge of the shop thought it was a good idea. Yes they would want to turn a quick profit but they really can’t know their target audience that well can they, that’s what (still) worries and frustrates me.

Do we know this though? We don’t know sales figures so for all we know they could have been well worth doing.

ultimately as with anything, the consumer has a choice either buy them or not? I’m sure we all spend money on things that others would deem silly or frivolous 

If the product was re-packaged completely, then I think most people could find paying a much higher price acceptable, but when a cheap product has been disguised to look like something other than what it is, that's what people are not liking here.

I wonder if a statement from Bristol Sport will be made anytime soon?

33 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If the product was re-packaged completely, then I think most people could find paying a much higher price acceptable, but when a cheap product has been disguised to look like something other than what it is, that's what people are not liking here.

I wonder if a statement from Bristol Sport will be made anytime soon?

A statement saying what...?

Archived