IGNORED

Easter Eggs

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

If the product was re-packaged completely, then I think most people could find paying a much higher price acceptable, but when a cheap product has been disguised to look like something other than what it is, that's what people are not liking here.

I wonder if a statement from Bristol Sport will be made anytime soon?

I doubt they will, they will just remain silent, take the brief storm of news headlines, and then people will find something else to fret about. Ideally they realise that some borderline scam products and attempts to 'add value' don't even pull the wool over the eyes of our most idiotic supporters, which can be evidenced by the fact that 'BRISTOL CITY TILL I DIE' are going mad over it too

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

A statement saying what...?

Exactly. They know that no one is really that bothered by it so it’s not worth legitimising the faux outrage this has picked up. As you’ve said previously, if you don’t like em, don’t buy em. It’s not worth their effort. 

22 hours ago, phantom said:

The Sun, The Mirror and The Star were all covering it - I was kindly bombarded with requests from gifts from my Rovers "friends" last night

Admittedly dog shit publications but would guess their viewing numbers are high

What looks bad is it is highlighted the mark up is over 6 times the price and essentially it's fleecing kids (well their parents)

It’s not ‘ fleecing ‘ anybody, no one is obliged to buy one. 

A marketing error perhaps but no crime.

9 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Energy in V Energy out. Simple.

Too right, too many infant Princes and Princesses wrapped up in cotton wool in front of their video games where Mummy and Daddy can keep an eye on their every move . 

I fear for the future when they are the movers and shakers of the world.

11 hours ago, RumRed said:

TBF it was a Pagan celebration originally.  The Church just nicked it.

The word easter originally came from a 7th century pagan celebration. 

The story of Easter had been celebrated by the church for centuries before. 

Christmas is exactly the same (apart from the Christmas period originally being a roman, not pagan, time of celebration) 

I bought these a few weeks ago. Bought 5 from my rewards, from my season tickets.

now i know they wouldn’t make them, themselves. But all they have done is bought some eggs and stuck some Bristol City cardboard on it! I could have done that! 

Really disappointed and its a piss take.

864EDCC0-C954-4A3E-A515-B8133DE05B90.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I bought these a few weeks ago. Bought 5 from my rewards, from my season tickets.

now i know they wouldn’t make them, themselves. But all they have done is bought some eggs and stuck some Bristol City cardboard on it! I could have done that! 

Really disappointed and its a piss take.

864EDCC0-C954-4A3E-A515-B8133DE05B90.jpeg

You could have walked over to B&M and saved around £30

21 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You could have walked over to B&M and saved around £30

I was using my rewards, so was paying £0 instead of whatever it cost in B&M.

Plus i didnt know the same eggs were available for alot cheaper!

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

How do I know? 

It's not been made

I’m not surprised. What could it say...?

”Bristol City Football Club & Bristol Sport would like to confirm that we have been selling team brand covered Easter eggs. 

We are aware that they may appear over priced, compared to what’s available in local supermarkets, however we have had a 50% sale in for the last 2 weeks? So they have actually been retailing at £3.50. 

The eggs cost us £1 and the branded sleeve costs around £1 to produce, in the quantities that we required. It’s usual practise for a retail outlet to make a 100% GP on seasonal produce. 

Nobody is obliged to buy these items but we like to give supporters the opportunity of treating their family to an item branded in their favourite teams “colours”

If anybody is stupid enough to think that half the products on sale in retail outlets are not repackaged and inflated by different brands, then god help you..!

For the record, pretty much every item that we retail is marked up by around 300%, that’s because we are a business.”

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I was using my rewards, so was paying £0 instead of whatever it cost in B&M.

Plus i didnt know the same eggs were available for alot cheaper!

Caveat Emptor.

It’s for a good cause though.

If we sell out of these Easter Eggs then it’s «  Welcome home Tammy «  in the summer transfer window.

Now get eating .

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I assume the vast majority of people outraged by the mark up being made on this have never bought a pizza, burger or coffee..?!

Personally i dont mind the mark up. I dont even mind its cadbury making the eggs.

But like i said, i could have put bristol city cardboard on myself.

For the mark up, they could have done the packaging themselves, so my kids would think they are actually getting a bristol city easter egg!

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Personally i dont mind the mark up. I dont even mind its cadbury making the eggs.

But like i said, i could have put bristol city cardboard on myself.

For the mark up, they could have done the packaging themselves, so my kids would think they are actually getting a bristol city easter egg!

I think you are underestimating the cost of branding production. 

It would cost you far more in time, materials & equipment to produce such sleeves yourself. 

You’d also leave yourself open to copyright infringement, if you sold them. 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

A quid to charge a phone for 30 minutes in the stadium - who's going to be the first to moan about that in the media...

I think those are a brilliant idea and should be available all over the place in today’s world. 

Genuinely, such a handy facility to have available. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I assume the vast majority of people outraged by the mark up being made on this have never bought a pizza, burger or coffee..?!

It's not the mark up that people are 'outraged' over.....it's the con trick of making people think they've purchased something eggclusively made/produced by BCFC.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you are underestimating the cost of branding production. 

It would cost you far more in time, materials & equipment to produce such sleeves yourself. 

You’d also leave yourself open to copyright infringement, if you sold them. 

:laugh: I'm not expecting them to do anything untoward. Surely if they were going to do it, they could do a deal for cadbury to produce some proper bristol city eggs... if its too costly, then dont bother, because the product isnt viable in my opinion.

Archived