IGNORED

Easter Eggs

Bristol Rob

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve spoken to plenty of people at work today, and brought this topic up to gage the general feeling about it. 

A few were Rovers fans, even more were completely indifferent about football, and every single one thought it was ridiculous that an issue was being made of it. 

TBF it’s not an issue, just a poor decision that’s taken on a life of it’s own.

But it was still a poor decision.

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

TBF it’s not an issue, just a poor decision that’s taken on a life of it’s own.

But it was still a poor decision.

Depends how many eggs they’ve had to ditch in the skip or give out free to the staff really. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Depends how many eggs they’ve had to ditch in the skip or give out free to the staff really. 

Having never lived in Bristol I thought you were all birchlap wearing, vegan hippies that worked in media nowadays anyway.

So chocolate wouldn’t be on the list of priorities. ?‍?

Well, it’s how the media portray it!

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Having never lived in Bristol I thought you were all birchlap wearing, vegan hippies that worked in media nowadays anyway.

So chocolate wouldn’t be on the list of priorities. ?‍?

Well, it’s how the media portray it!

Fvcking Vegans...!

I’ll have a bacon buttie & an over priced chocolate egg, over a lentil stew any day of the week..!

A week or so ago, I was roundly attacked on another thread when I said I felt BS treated fans with contempt. 

The appalling publicity over the Easter egg fiasco, even reported in The Times, is yet, imo, but the most recent example of, at best, total incompetence, and, at worst, utter contempt for fans of City.

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

A week or so ago, I was roundly attacked on another thread when I said I felt BS treated fans with contempt. 

The appalling publicity over the Easter egg fiasco, even reported in The Times, is yet, imo, but the most recent example of, at best, total incompetence, and, at worst, utter contempt for fans of City.

Don't you think it shows The Times treating their readers with contempt if they consider that - of everything to be happening on the planet - to be a story worth serving up?

54 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Don't you think it shows The Times treating their readers with contempt if they consider that - of everything to be happening on the planet - to be a story worth serving up?

Especially when the big news story of the day on the BBC is «  Megan shuts door « .

:disapointed2se:

17 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Think says more about the nation than anything else,  if this is what causes a national meltdown. 

"Oh no, an over proceed easter egg that I don't even have to buy if I don't want to, whatever shall I do"

Jesus made less of a fuss on the cross!!! 

It's not a "national meltdown;" it's about 250 words on page 13 of The Times. Adjacent to a full page ad for Waitrose - never knowingly marking up 600% - featuring a chocolate teapot. Very apt? Hopefully not.

So, you have managed on this thread to have a moan about others having a moan - an irony you are aware of - and suggest people are massively over-reacting by over-egging the extent of national coverage and reaction.

Well played, sir!

On 17/04/2019 at 22:17, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was Kraft that shut the Keynsham factory - not Cadbury. And that was after Kraft promised not to close it down.....nothing to do with Cadbury .... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249728/Cadbury-sacks-400-workers-Kraft-breaks-promise-shut-factory.html

Hi BS4.

Youre right. However, The takeover battle between Cadbury and Kraft was one of the dirtiest  share buyouts ever in the UK, if not the worst. 

Kraft showed the horrible face of Capitalism and many Cadbury shareholders were disgusted by their attitude. The Government held a meeting and invited their CEO to attend. She refused, rubbing more salt (or cocoa beans) into a massive wound. 

Cadbury didn't have to recommend to the shareholders that they be bought out. Many people were outright opposed. That's the rub. Cadbury could've stood their ground but didn't. 

Kraft soon after asset stripped. They also changed their European food operation name to Mondalez. Some Cadbury products were moved abroad (Poland) and imported back to this country. Milk also was brought in from Poland. Why? Was it cheaper? Apparently so. I never noticed the chocolate bar price go down however!

So, BS4, you're right but I'm right too! That's why I boycott Cadbury/Mondalez products to this day. Cadbury didn't have to sell out the way they did. Now that Cadbury is owned by Kraft/Mondalez, if my meagre protest means that they aren't getting any of my money, so be it. There's better chocolate out there as I've found!

Bizarrely, my political views are more on the capitalist side (I was termed a social capitalist. I think that sums me up) but the Cadbury takeover was the worst I've seen in my lifetime. It made the Rovers takeover of the Rugby team look like total innocence!

More coverage in the London Times yesterday. Giles Coren taking a little swipe at us, the gormless polyester buying and wearing provincial proletariat punters, not the suits, ripping us off, in his Saturday 'Comment' piece. I think we would prefer attention from his sister, and can handle being jeered at by someone called "Giles."

On 18/04/2019 at 20:36, WarksRobin said:

Fish and dinosaurs both preceded avian species in the order of evolution and both lay/laid eggs. Therefore the egg came  before the chicken

So,   a fish laid an egg and a chicken popped out?

5 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Not quite, but you’re on the right track. A fish laid an egg and a dinosaur hatched, and a few years later a dinosaur laid an egg and a chicken hatched.

I bet Mr Fish had a shock..! I bet Mrs Fish was in the dog house when Mr Fish saw the offspring..! 

Archived