IGNORED

Easter Eggs

Bristol Rob

To be fair, if they only ordered a few, the cost per cardboard sleeve is probably quite high (i.e. if they ordered 30 sleeves and it cost them £100 in designing, manufacturing, delivering, then it would cost £3.33 per sleeve) - therefore with a mark up £7 is probably about right - not that I would pay that.

I've seen other clubs selling mugs with an egg in it and a bit of cellophane for the same price. I wonder if they would go down better with fans as at least you have a cup to keep afterwards.

News item on Radio Bristol now,  sounds like quotes direct from here...

"Bristol Sport under fire for selling rip-off EasterEggs described as embarrassing '  … no longer on sale, no comment from BS.

(Bristol Live too)   not ideal publicity to be honest, is it really 'newsworthy' though?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-easter-egg-eggspensive-2765554 

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

News item on Radio Bristol now,  sounds like quotes direct from here...

"Bristol Sport under fire for selling rip-off EasterEggs described as embarrassing '  … no longer on sale, no comment from BS.

(Bristol Live too)   not ideal publicity to be honest, is it really 'newsworthy' though?

Probably sat in Costa, sipping a £3.50 coffee, that cost 30p to produce. 

I'm not really sure it's all that newsworthy. I wouldn't buy one with my money, however, I do still have £10 in free money that the club gave me at the start of the season that I need to use before the end of May. I presume that initiative hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles?  Everything else in the store is due a re-brand anyway so maybe I should get an egg? 

I once paid £40 for 2 500ml bottles of water. Now that should warrant an article. Either on my stupidity or the vendor.  

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Story appearing in online news publications now.. Oh dear not good publicity for the club 

"Organisation tries to sell things at a profit shock" ? 

In other news "Brexit, bit of a mess says everyone" "Pope, might be religious" "Wild animals do not clean up after themselves when crapping in the fields". 

• Admin
12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Bristol Live?

The Sun, The Mirror and The Star were all covering it - I was kindly bombarded with requests from gifts from my Rovers "friends" last night

Admittedly dog shit publications but would guess their viewing numbers are high

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

"Organisation tries to sell things at a profit shock" ? 

In other news "Brexit, bit of a mess says everyone" "Pope, might be religious" "Wild animals do not clean up after themselves when crapping in the fields". 

What looks bad is it is highlighted the mark up is over 6 times the price and essentially it's fleecing kids (well their parents)

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

The Sun, The Mirror and The Star were all covering it - I was kindly bombarded with requests from gifts from my Rovers "friends" last night

Admittedly dog shit publications but would guess their viewing numbers are high.

The Bristol Live reporter is a forum member and allegedly a City fan himself.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It probably hasn’t. I doubt many people are bothered who made it tbf.  

Irrespective of who is bothered, the media and rivals are having a field day at our expense.

.....and don't forget, it was exposed by a City fan and reported in the media by one.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Admittedly dog shit publications but would guess their viewing numbers are high

What looks bad is it is highlighted the mark up is over 6 times the price and essentially it's fleecing kids (well their parents)

I never read them, but I would be surprised if they weren’t happily publishing adverts in the very same edition of the paper, that are making a X6 mark up on their products. 

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Irrespective of who is bothered, the media and rivals are having a field day at our expense.

.....and don't forget, it was exposed by a City fan and reported in the media by one.

The media? Who apart from the Bristol post group are reporting this?

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

“Having a field day at our expense”..? 

I would think, if anything, the conversation would go along the lines of....

Rovers fan - blimey, Bristol City are charging £7 for an Easter egg!”

Person B  - “oh, are they”

Rovers fan - “yes. Yes they are. Let’s ridicule them and march through the streets to raise awareness”

Person B -“nah, you’re ok thanks”

Person B - are your club selling Easter eggs? How much are those?”

Rovers fan - “we get a tacky cheap mug and non branded chocolate egg for £7.50”

2 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

They all share the same editorial. It’s in the Mail etc. 

It’s a typically ignorant bit of reporting. 

As someone rightly said above, the City branded sleeves would have cost (proportionally) quite a lot to produce. The mark up on what’s actually available to buy is nowhere near 600%

It’s probably nearer 300% 

How time flies.

You should be boycotting the purchase of this egg because it is made by Cadbury. Have we forgotten what they did to to the workforce in K E Y N S H A M ( for Horace Bachelor)? Some of them might have been ST  (season ticketers, not Swindon Towners) and still can't afford to go to the Gate any more!

I know a few of us here refuse to buy Cadbury products as a consequence. Our protest has not gone unnoticed......all right it has but it's the principle of the thing!

Well done BCFC for correctly over pricing the egg so that nobody buys a Cadbury product. Introduce a Guillberts Bristol Made egg instead at £3 (assuming this company still exists)!

2 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

I have the (Clayton) misfortune of being in that London today and the protests have spread here. They’re chaining themselves to trains and stuff, it was chaos on the tube earlier. 

7 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

when I was little, my auntie used to buy us a bag full of cadburys crème eggs seconds from the old chocolate factory in keynsham where she worked

We used to go there quite regularly. Always spent much more than we intended to.

18 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

when I was little, my auntie used to buy us a bag full of cadburys crème eggs seconds from the old chocolate factory in keynsham where she worked

Had to read that twice!

I read it that your aunt used a shop very close to the factory shop. Just a few seconds away.

Think I need a cuppa.

I’m not so worried about us selling hugely marked up tat, all shops do it afterall. I’m more concerned that someone in charge of the shop thought it was a good idea. Yes they would want to turn a quick profit but they really can’t know their target audience that well can they, that’s what (still) worries and frustrates me.

SUPER! Not you again. "Like most things at the club they are overpriced" Do you include football in that 'most things'? Obviously not. Try paying to watch City play this season and then tell the world it is too expensive. Perhaps if we were at the bottom of the league or losing a lot but what the hell you on? Dont answer

Archived