Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Even more remarkable that Bristol Sport have made no comment...............:disapointed2se:

Why does that not shock me?

Edit: I’m not that bothered because more fool the people that buy them.  Not a good look for BS but not the worst.

P.S anyone that wants a Bristol City label to stick to their shop bought Easter eggs I can provide.

It’s written in crayon but I’ll do them for 75p (plus P&P)

Edited by RumRed
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Why?  Honest question.

Companies make loads of money out of selling "Easter eggs" at Easter

but wont put the word Easter on their packaging as it may offend certain groups 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

Wonder how many of the 'offended' are actively celebrating their chosen religion....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

TBF it was a Pagan celebration originally.  The Church just nicked it.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how many of the 'offended' are actively celebrating their chosen religion....

Have you any evidence of people being offended that isn’t the Daily Mail?

29 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

That’s absolute bollocks though, isn’t it? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

How time flies.

You should be boycotting the purchase of this egg because it is made by Cadbury. Have we forgotten what they did to to the workforce in K E Y N S H A M ( for Horace Bachelor)? Some of them might have been ST  (season ticketers, not Swindon Towners) and still can't afford to go to the Gate any more!

I know a few of us here refuse to buy Cadbury products as a consequence. Our protest has not gone unnoticed......all right it has but it's the principle of the thing!

Well done BCFC for correctly over pricing the egg so that nobody buys a Cadbury product. Introduce a Guillberts Bristol Made egg instead at £3 (assuming this company still exists)!

It was Kraft that shut the Keynsham factory - not Cadbury. And that was after Kraft promised not to close it down.....nothing to do with Cadbury .... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249728/Cadbury-sacks-400-workers-Kraft-breaks-promise-shut-factory.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Whats the big deal? If its too expensive dont buy it, they'll soon get the message 🤦‍♂️

This. 

Some idiots are suggesting it's "robbery"! 

Have a day off. Everyone is perfectly entitled not to buy it. 

More of a scandal would be anyone charging over 20p for Heineken or Carlsberg. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

All Easter Eggs should be overpriced. Stop People’s kids getting fat and there teeth decaying. People worry about obesity then buy themselves and there kids stupid amounts of chocolate. City should charge 15 pound an egg 

A few Easter eggs isn’t the reason for childhood obesity 😂

What made me laugh was the woman complaining on points west,she was wearing a cheap black hoodie that had probably cost alot more because it was official Harry potter merchandise

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not so worried about us selling hugely marked up tat, all shops do it afterall. I’m more concerned that someone in charge of the shop thought it was a good idea. Yes they would want to turn a quick profit but they really can’t know their target audience that well can they, that’s what (still) worries and frustrates me.

Do we know this though? We don’t know sales figures so for all we know they could have been well worth doing.

ultimately as with anything, the consumer has a choice either buy them or not? I’m sure we all spend money on things that others would deem silly or frivolous 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

A few Easter eggs isn’t the reason for childhood obesity 😂

Energy in V Energy out. Simple.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

True, and in my opinion kids not doing as much of the “energy out” as they used to - but that’s a whole other topic of conversation 

• Like 1

I understand the argument that if something is a rip off then you have the choice not to buy it.

But I still think it's fair to call out things that are quite rightly bullshit in the hope the vendor thinks more carefully in the future. 

Lets not forget these products are clearly aimed at children. 

• Like 2

If the product was re-packaged completely, then I think most people could find paying a much higher price acceptable, but when a cheap product has been disguised to look like something other than what it is, that's what people are not liking here.

I wonder if a statement from Bristol Sport will be made anytime soon?

33 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If the product was re-packaged completely, then I think most people could find paying a much higher price acceptable, but when a cheap product has been disguised to look like something other than what it is, that's what people are not liking here.

A statement saying what...?

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I doubt they will, they will just remain silent, take the brief storm of news headlines, and then people will find something else to fret about. Ideally they realise that some borderline scam products and attempts to 'add value' don't even pull the wool over the eyes of our most idiotic supporters, which can be evidenced by the fact that 'BRISTOL CITY TILL I DIE' are going mad over it too

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

A statement saying what...?

Exactly. They know that no one is really that bothered by it so it’s not worth legitimising the faux outrage this has picked up. As you’ve said previously, if you don’t like em, don’t buy em. It’s not worth their effort. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phantom said:

The Sun, The Mirror and The Star were all covering it - I was kindly bombarded with requests from gifts from my Rovers "friends" last night

Admittedly dog shit publications but would guess their viewing numbers are high

What looks bad is it is highlighted the mark up is over 6 times the price and essentially it's fleecing kids (well their parents)

It’s not ‘ fleecing ‘ anybody, no one is obliged to buy one. 

A marketing error perhaps but no crime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Too right, too many infant Princes and Princesses wrapped up in cotton wool in front of their video games where Mummy and Daddy can keep an eye on their every move . 

I fear for the future when they are the movers and shakers of the world.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RumRed said:

TBF it was a Pagan celebration originally.  The Church just nicked it.

The word easter originally came from a 7th century pagan celebration. 

The story of Easter had been celebrated by the church for centuries before. 

Christmas is exactly the same (apart from the Christmas period originally being a roman, not pagan, time of celebration) 

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1

I bought these a few weeks ago. Bought 5 from my rewards, from my season tickets.

now i know they wouldn’t make them, themselves. But all they have done is bought some eggs and stuck some Bristol City cardboard on it! I could have done that! 

Really disappointed and its a piss take.

864EDCC0-C954-4A3E-A515-B8133DE05B90.jpeg

Edited by Riaz
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I bought these a few weeks ago. Bought 5 from my rewards, from my season tickets.

now i know they wouldn’t make them, themselves. But all they have done is bought some eggs and stuck some Bristol City cardboard on it! I could have done that! 

Really disappointed and its a piss take.

864EDCC0-C954-4A3E-A515-B8133DE05B90.jpeg

You could have walked over to B&M and saved around £30

21 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You could have walked over to B&M and saved around £30

I was using my rewards, so was paying £0 instead of whatever it cost in B&M.

Plus i didnt know the same eggs were available for alot cheaper!

Edited by Riaz

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

How do I know? 

It's not been made

I’m not surprised. What could it say...?

”Bristol City Football Club & Bristol Sport would like to confirm that we have been selling team brand covered Easter eggs. 

We are aware that they may appear over priced, compared to what’s available in local supermarkets, however we have had a 50% sale in for the last 2 weeks? So they have actually been retailing at £3.50. 

The eggs cost us £1 and the branded sleeve costs around £1 to produce, in the quantities that we required. It’s usual practise for a retail outlet to make a 100% GP on seasonal produce. 

Nobody is obliged to buy these items but we like to give supporters the opportunity of treating their family to an item branded in their favourite teams “colours”

If anybody is stupid enough to think that half the products on sale in retail outlets are not repackaged and inflated by different brands, then god help you..!

For the record, pretty much every item that we retail is marked up by around 300%, that’s because we are a business.”

• Like 1

I assume the vast majority of people outraged by the mark up being made on this have never bought a pizza, burger or coffee..?!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I assume the vast majority of people outraged by the mark up being made on this have never bought a pizza, burger or coffee..?!

Is there a Bristol City Pizza?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I was using my rewards, so was paying £0 instead of whatever it cost in B&M.

Plus i didnt know the same eggs were available for alot cheaper!

Caveat Emptor.

It’s for a good cause though.

If we sell out of these Easter Eggs then it’s «  Welcome home Tammy «  in the summer transfer window.

Now get eating .

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Personally i dont mind the mark up. I dont even mind its cadbury making the eggs.

But like i said, i could have put bristol city cardboard on myself.

For the mark up, they could have done the packaging themselves, so my kids would think they are actually getting a bristol city easter egg!

Edited by Riaz

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

40 quid for a single Margarita and a bargain !

But it has LJ’s face on it made out of cheese so it’s all fine...

Edited by JBFC II

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Is there a Bristol City Pizza?

There’s a place called Dominos. You make have heard of it. 

They use their branding. 

Just now, bcfc01 said:

A quid to charge a phone for 30 minutes in the stadium - who's going to be the first to moan about that in the media...

that sounds good!

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Personally i dont mind the mark up. I dont even mind its cadbury making the eggs.

But like i said, i could have put bristol city cardboard on myself.

For the mark up, they could have done the packaging themselves, so my kids would think they are actually getting a bristol city easter egg!

I think you are underestimating the cost of branding production. 

It would cost you far more in time, materials & equipment to produce such sleeves yourself. 

You’d also leave yourself open to copyright infringement, if you sold them. 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

A quid to charge a phone for 30 minutes in the stadium - who's going to be the first to moan about that in the media...

I think those are a brilliant idea and should be available all over the place in today’s world. 

Genuinely, such a handy facility to have available. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's not the mark up that people are 'outraged' over.....it's the con trick of making people think they've purchased something eggclusively made/produced by BCFC.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you are underestimating the cost of branding production. 

It would cost you far more in time, materials & equipment to produce such sleeves yourself. 

You’d also leave yourself open to copyright infringement, if you sold them. 

:laugh: I'm not expecting them to do anything untoward. Surely if they were going to do it, they could do a deal for cadbury to produce some proper bristol city eggs... if its too costly, then dont bother, because the product isnt viable in my opinion.

Will the front page of tomorrow’s news outlets read...

”OUTRAGE as pubs/clubs decant £1 worth of Cider into a plastic cup and sell it for £4/£4.50”......?