IGNORED

Come on Brighton!!

reddogkev

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Brighton have nothing up front. Can see them losing every game.

Yep. They've had a problem scoring goals ever since they went up, but have had a decent defence which up until recently has kept them picking up points.

Now they've started shipping goals and still have nothing up front. They're relying on Cardiff being even worse than them.

5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Excellent second half by Ajax. They are going to give Man C / Tottenham a good game.

The great thing, the symmetry is that a lot of what made modern Barcelona the side of an era, of a generation basically, stemmed from Ajax.

Big mutual love, respect between the 2 historically certainly. Probably the present too.

10 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Excellent second half by Ajax. They are going to give Man C / Tottenham a good game.

Some of the best football I’ve seen for a long time. Fantastic young side. No fear and some of their passing and movement was sublime at times. Brilliant stuff. 

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

It'll be a shame when this Ajax team gets gutted in the transfer window.

Given De Jong arranged to be sold and they're likely to be in CL next year, they *could* feasibly financially keep most of if together next year.

*Could* of course being the operative word. No pressure to sell though as such.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given De Jong arranged to be sold and they're likely to be in CL next year, they *could* feasibly financially keep most of if together next year.

*Could* of course being the operative word. No pressure to sell though as such.

Monaco basically got gutted when they looked like they had a team together, expect the same to happen here. Other leagues can pay so much more than the dutch league I imagine their players will cash in on big moves.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Monaco basically got gutted when they looked like they had a team together, expect the same to happen here. Other leagues can pay so much more than the dutch league I imagine their players will cash in on big moves.

Check the lengths of the contracts. Some of them have years left. It's part of their MO tbh to develop, sell, next crop etc.

Agreed though, revenues of the richest clubs are impossible to compete on wages with.

Mix of Bosman and the emergence of super clubs have seen to that.

Hope they win it though. 100%.

Superb (deliberate?!) slip of the tongue from Warnock during a post match interview ... “We heard a lot of puntits, err pundits, today say this would be our final game (before relegation) in the premier league...”

He’s a superb manger, tremendous track record of success....still got the appetite despite his advancing years...

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Superb (deliberate?!) slip of the tongue from Warnock during a post match interview ... “We heard a lot of puntits, err pundits, today say this would be our final game (before relegation) in the premier league...”

He’s a superb manger, tremendous track record of success....still got the appetite despite his advancing years...

He said all that whilst his cock was in your mouth. That IS impressive. 

The blokes an anti football, whinging, cheating, dirty WUM. 

I’d honestly rather never reach the premier league, than do it with him in charge of this club. Any bad decision they’ve had against them (an I’ll admit, they’ve had more than their fair share this season) is simply Karma. 

Have no issues with Cardiff staying up if Brighton go down. I find Hughton's tactics are usuly a snooze fest to be honest, as well as he has done at Brighton. Warnock does play a long bal brand but I dont think boring is something you could describe them as, bang unlucky vs Chelsea the other week.

4 hours ago, Coppello said:

Rivarly aside, it is a bloody good achievement by Warnock and Co in keeping that side up. They've really shown up Fulham who were fantastic last season. 

he hasn't kept them up yet, think you mean IF he keeps them up.

Putting aside my obvious antipathy towards Cardiff and Warnock, yeah they have done undoubtedly pretty well to still be in with a chance at this stage. Hope they don't stay up though!

I took the perhaps misguided view that financially they had budgeted to come back down. Maybe they have- the Burnley model of up and down, and rebuild again getting stronger each time or WBA another similar one.

Pretty good position to go back up if they go down though subject to manager, unfortunately. Don't really need to sell anyone, Smithies, Cunningham, Murphy and Reid plus perhaps Bacuna in the Championship should impress and they can pick off players from higher end Championship sides, lower end PL sides or look for some relatively cheap yet decent European players. Can't think their wage bill has soared either.

Cardiff have done very well this season and competed more than anyone thought they did. Of course they have been a bit unlucky with some decisions (although the experts seem to think it wasn't a penalty at the weekend, it was the nature in which it was given and taken away that's the problem!).

However they did manage to beat Brighton in November through a last minute offside Bamba goal that shouldn't have stood. The swing of those points meant that Cardiff got a 3 point swing against relegation rivals Brighton which arguably is much more important than other decisions that have not gone in their favour.

Archived