IGNORED

Reading have now sold..... 2,000 tickets (Updated)

7 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Or more likely to increase parking restrictions.

A lot of the locals won't be working on Friday so parking in the area could still be an issue for some arriving close to kick-off.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sober coppers.

Is there such a thing?

• Admin
1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Yep, almost full Ashton Gate, cider for breakfast and lovely temperatures forecast,  what else do you need !!! 

You can always tell when I am on a dull teleconference, I have too much time for my mind to wonder

Obviously assuming all tickets are now on sale there are only 857 available

16 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Agree.  They don't merit mild dislike nevermind outright hate. I can't even muster a 'meh'.  I think I Reading and my mind goes blank.  Most towns and cities have something about them, but for the life of me I can think of nothing of note about Reading.  

I can see the Reading Tourist Board strapline line now.  'Visit Reading.  It's near London'

Nothing place, nothing club.   

They do have the ‘world famous’ Sweeney Todd pie shop!

Unfortunately for them our Clark’s pies beat them hands down. 

Bristol (City..) 1 Reading biscuit munchers 0

• Admin
On 16/04/2019 at 21:31, RedSkin said:

They don't merit mild dislike nevermind outright hate. I can't even muster a 'meh'.  I think I Reading and my mind goes blank.

A lot of the problems with Reading stem back to the old Elm Park days, but sadly like many others their new ground became "too nice" when it was built

Am sure the "elder" supporters on here could share a few tales from those days

2 hours ago, phantom said:

You can always tell when I am on a dull teleconference, I have too much time for my mind to wonder

I do exactly the same all day long .. god knows what I’ll do when we don’t have any fixtures .. can’t inagine I’ll do it for the cricket .. 

And Chippenham v Torquay .... bloody daft ... 

Tickets are not available to purchase at any time on the day.

Torquay supporters will be situated at the Sheldon End of the ground. 
SHELDON end turnstile will be available for away supporters only.

There will be a Steward and Security presence throughout the ground, in the interest of safety for supporters.

There will be a mandatory bag search for ALL supporters who bring bags to Hardenhuish Park.

Segregation will be taking place as well with home supporters limited to the Sports Club end.

• Admin
5 hours ago, swampy said:

And Chippenham v Torquay .... bloody daft ... 

Tickets are not available to purchase at any time on the day.

Torquay supporters will be situated at the Sheldon End of the ground. 
SHELDON end turnstile will be available for away supporters only.

There will be a Steward and Security presence throughout the ground, in the interest of safety for supporters.

There will be a mandatory bag search for ALL supporters who bring bags to Hardenhuish Park.

Segregation will be taking place as well with home supporters limited to the Sports Club end.

After the way the Torquay supporters behaved at weston earlier this season I'm not surprised 

Have to agree about Reading. Totally non descript club. If it weren't for the fact they are local-ish,  they would probably be the dullest fixture of the season, along with Rotherham and Hull. Very little atmosphere is ever created from their fans, who would probably be more at home watching rugby.

All that said, two Championship titles, several playoff appearances and a top half Premier League finish... that's something to be respected on the pitch, even if they are a bit naff off it! If we can emulate that in the next few years, I'd be delighted.

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Have to agree about Reading. Totally non descript club. If it weren't for the fact they are local-ish,  they would probably be the dullest fixture of the season, along with Rotherham and Hull. Very little atmosphere is ever created from their fans, who would probably be more at home watching rugby.

All that said, two Championship titles, several playoff appearances and a top half Premier League finish... that's something to be respected on the pitch, even if they are a bit naff off it! If we can emulate that in the next few years, I'd be delighted.

Agree that their achievements are good.. 

Took my 2 kids to their first away game at reading this season. Definitely a safe bet to go. Lacking in atmosphere definitely and never felt any intensity at all which I’d assumed there would be some from being the away fan .. 

On 16/04/2019 at 18:35, ExiledAjax said:

Bank Holiday, easy for them to get to

I'm guessing you've never driven west from London towards Bristol at the start of a Bank Holiday weekend? :mellow:

On 16/04/2019 at 21:48, Moments of Pleasure said:

Us and Reading = great atmosphere? You sure?

Absolutely Batman , perhaps more so at their ground tbf .

Tomorrow we shall smite them with our mighty voices . They shall cower in fear at the huge wall of sound coming from every corner of the ground .

The very earth will tremble as the Red Army bounce and we claim the three points with blood , sweat and horse linament.

Good enough for you, MOP  ? 

• Admin
20 hours ago, phantom said:

Down to 635 now if anyone is interested?

Tickets go off sale at noon today for Reading, so I doubt if many more will be sold. £32 an adult is also shocking by us, as usual, although unlike Hull we do offer a full range of concession prices.

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

Tickets go off sale at noon today for Reading, so I doubt if many more will be sold. £32 an adult is also shocking by us, as usual, although unlike Hull we do offer a full range of concession prices.

Agree, £32 is an appalling price to charge away fans. 

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

Agree, £32 is an appalling price to charge away fans. 

Without reading the whole thread - is away at Reading £20? And isn't that agreed for when they go away?

Maybe wrong here but thought that was the case with them?

Quick question as I'm coming from London tomorrow. What are the rules regarding bringing bags into Ashton Gate? I'll have a rucksack with me, are these still allowed inside the ground? I can't remember the last time I took something in with me but I am aware that different stadiums have different rules. 

Archived