IGNORED

Wayne Hennessey nazi salute

nickolas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

1 - he didnt know what the nazi salute was

2 - he was catching the attention of a waiter. 

What an absolute shambles of an investigation and eventual clearance of the Palace GK!

i know footballers can be regarded as perhaps not the brightest but what pathetic excuses. 

Mustve had the same committee that committed Diedhiou for a zero-evidence offence! ?

Not really the brightest is he?

Hennessey said "from the outset" of the hearing that he did not know what a Nazi salute was.

"Improbable as that may seem to those of us of an older generation, we do not reject that assertion as untrue," said the panel.

"In fact, when cross-examined about this Mr Hennessey displayed a very considerable - one might even say lamentable - degree of ignorance about anything to do with Hitler, Fascism and the Nazi regime.

"Regrettable though it may be that anyone should be unaware of so important a part of our own and world history, we do not feel we should therefore find he was not telling the truth about this.

"All we would say (at the risk of sounding patronising) is that Mr Hennessey would be well advised to familiarise himself with events which continue to have great significance to those who live in a free country."

There is no way anyone in the western world does not know what a nazi salute is.   There's been plenty of coverage of the far right in recent times that's been all over the internet, zeig heiling away to their hearts content.

Just admit you did something stupid, and say sorry.  

Pathetic.

21 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

There is no way anyone in the western world does not know what a nazi salute is.   There's been plenty of coverage of the far right in recent times that's been all over the internet, zeig heiling away to their hearts content.

Pathetic.

If you didn’t know what it was you wouldn’t actually do it would you? In sense you just wouldn’t randomly do those hand gestures together. Quite how they bought his excuse is beyond me 

How the **** he can make those excuses shows what an absolute ignorant disgrace he is, not only as a footballer but as a human being.  Absolute bollocks he didn't know what Nazi salute was and then to have that gutless excuse that he was trying to get someones attention? Really?  REALLY?  Looking at that photo - who the **** gets the attention of someone like that!!!!!!!!  Absolute gutless ******* idiot.  He should have been a man and owned up to it and taken the punishment like a man and not like someone who thinks they can make up some bullshit excuse and get away with it.

And as for the FA Panel - what a bunch of spinless *****. 

Simple question as this always bugs me but

The Nazi's lasted for around 10 years while the Roman empire lasted for many hundreds and that was what the Nazi salute is based on ( the Roman salute). So if I do the salute why is it aways immediately assumes I mean the Nazi and not Roman?

Is he not doing an impersonation of Hitler?

is that not allowed? If it’s racist, against whom is he discriminating?

I’d  happily make fun of Adolf Hitler. Being ridiculed or mocked seems the least it deserves.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If he's that thick then he'd be a danger to himself with a knife and fork. 

I think the issue is he just can’t say ‘I was doing a silly hitler impression’.

You can’t do impressions.

Its racist.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Does anyone, other than the FA, believe that Hennessey was telling the truth? I certainly do not. Utter shambles are the FA.

I think the issue is he just can’t say ‘I was doing a silly hitler impression’.

Its racist.

If your going to clasp your hand to your face to yell out, you'd naturally have it vertically, not across your top lip. Also, when playing football, he doesn't use his hands to his face when shouting, so why would he in a less noisy environment? 

16 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Simple question as this always bugs me but

The Nazi's lasted for around 10 years while the Roman empire lasted for many hundreds and that was what the Nazi salute is based on ( the Roman salute). So if I do the salute why is it aways immediately assumes I mean the Nazi and not Roman?

Ah, the Paolo Di Canio defence.  The Nazis own it now, like it or not.  

1 minute ago, chucky said:

If your going to clasp your hand to your face to yell out, you'd naturally have it vertically, not across your top lip. Also, when playing football, he doesn't use his hands to his face when shouting, so why would he in a less noisy environment? 

Its racist.

1 hour ago, RedSkin said:

Pathetic.

Its racist.

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

1 - he didnt know what the nazi salute was

2 - he was catching the attention of a waiter. 

What an absolute shambles of an investigation and eventual clearance of the Palace GK!

i know footballers can be regarded as perhaps not the brightest but what pathetic excuses. 

Mustve had the same committee that committed Diedhiou for a zero-evidence offence! ?

Further proof that the governing bodies are absolutely ridiculous....

Probably the most pathetic thing I've ever heard 

To be honest with you ...I don't see what the fuss is all about ...but to actually believe that he doesn't.know what a nazi salute is is quite frankly, one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard 

27 minutes ago, harrys said:

If he wasn’t doing a Hitler salute what was he doing? Cannot believe he doesn’t know what it symbolises 

Now I’m really confused, they better hurry up and release a list of who you can and cannot make stupid impressions of.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If he had half a brain and wanted to fabricate a story, he could have said he was doing a Basil Fawlty impression. 

But he's probably never heard of Basil Fawlty. 

Did John Cleese ever apologies, probably not, yet another white wash.

Archived