IGNORED

Lack of penalties.

Ian Crabbe

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thought I had put the word 'particularly' in.

Obviously not, serves me right for posting while working.

No worries James, and your previous post was spot on - the pen at Villa was just a joke, I just could not believe it had been given....ridiculous and very unfair decision, and to rub salt into the wounds, our club faces action for the players’ reaction - yet their reaction said it all - when so many players are instinctively that furious immediately, then the ref must know he’s made a big error, they’ll never admit it though...the unjustly lost points from that game could be very costly when the totals are totted up at the season’s end...

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Wigan have conceded the most penalties this season in the championship (16) and have also been awarded the most too (9) ?

Yeah you're right they have, so second most (joint) conceded for Villa, my mistake. I think the point still stands though.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:32, Fiale said:

Didn't Matty Taylor use to get penalties dished out like candy once ?

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:34, hertsexile said:

Yes but that was when he was given more game time and not warming the bench and being a so say super sub. 

And he was up against lower league cloggers rather than Championship defenders.

Nothing changes. Alan Dicks had been Manager for over a year before he saw City score a penalty. A few years later Geoff Merrick was asked by the EP why he though City were awarded only four penalties all season. He suggested it was because City didn't attack as much as other teams, especially in away games.

In the 2014-15 promotion season, we scored 96 goals, how many of them were pens? I don't recall too many from the glorious 75-76 season either?

Archived