IGNORED

City charged over Villa

hertsexile

City have been charged for failing to control their players following the outrageous penalty awarded by the referee. It is a shame that the clubs and mangers have no real way of complaining about a referees performance without being charged!! Shocking 

8 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

City have been charged for failing to control their players following the outrageous penalty awarded by the referee. It is a shame that the clubs and mangers have no real way of complaining about a referees performance without being charged!! Shocking 

We've all seen what happened. Ref gave biased shocker of a penalty to the oppo and the City players moaned about it. What should they do, stand there applauding him?

You can't make this bunch of ***** up, you really can't

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

How much were they charged? 

Nothing as yet city have until 23rd April to respond. Wonder what the reaction will be?

City inevitably will be fined & referee gets away Scot free for being told he is wrong 

Hopefully will allow the club to present film evidence of the ref's decision which was the cause of any protest by our players

The standard of refereeing at this level, and others probably, needs to improve dramatically to cope adequately with the modern game

Hopefully City will invest in proper legal representation.  Will be worth every penny - not only to us for this incident but for the division as a whole if spotlight is turned on to the often unacceptable level of refereeing 

Disgrace.

I don't like to go down the conspiracy theory road- and no I don't think we are victims of one as such, but we seem to be very...unfortunate.

Last year and a half let's see:

• Wright 2 game ban on flimsy grounds.
  • Diedhiou 6 games for 'spitting'
  • Now this nonsense- after a disgrace of a penalty.

I won't even discuss the 3-5 wrongly disallowed goals, said penalty, Tettey avoiding a red in December to name but 3...sure I'll mention it but I won't discuss it.

Lot of misfortune though, nobody can deny...

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Disgrace.

I don't like to go down the conspiracy theory road- and no I don't think we are victims of one as such, but we seem to be very...unfortunate.

I won't even discuss the 3-5 wrongly disallowed goals, said penalty, Tettey avoiding a red in December to name but 3...sure I'll mention it but I won't discuss it.

Don't worry it all evens itself out though :rolleyes:

This won’t be popular.

Having played amateur football for 25 years and followed BCFC and football all my life I can only recall a handful of occasions when a ref has changed their mind about a decision they have made. Usually this has occurred following a discussion with another official.

I can not think of any occasion when players complaining has resulted in a ref changing their decision, although I have (rarely) seen requests from players to consult the Lino being taken up by the ref. 

As frustrating and hopeless as this is I am bound to conclude that confronting officials achieves nothing, other than in this case, further punishment. 

Officials are human, they make mistakes and in reality aren’t going to reverse a decision. Being a professional (or even an amateur) sportsperson really means you have to come to terms with this, even if it is totally infuriating and unjust.

We will also be fined for picking up so many yellow cards in the game.

Off to put on my hard hat.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Disgrace.

I smell a rat and the rat smells of gas

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

This won’t be popular.

Having played amateur football for 25 years and followed BCFC and football all my life I can only recall a handful of occasions when a ref has changed their mind about a decision they have made. Usually this has occurred following a discussion with another official.

I can not think of any occasion when players complaining has resulted in a ref changing their decision, although I have (rarely) seen requests from players to consult the Lino being taken up by the ref. 

As frustrating and hopeless as this is I am bound to conclude that confronting officials achieves nothing, other than in this case, further punishment. 

Officials are human, they make mistakes and in reality aren’t going to reverse a decision. Being a professional (or even an amateur) sportsperson really means you have to come to terms with this, even if it is totally infuriating and unjust.

We will also be fined for picking up so many yellow cards in the game.

Off to put on my hard hat.

I don’t think you’re far wrong - the players completely lost their heads.

Nothing about it was OK.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a joke, Hourihane should be done for deceiving the official but oh look its City coming off worse

AGAIN

This is a good point with what we had with Bailey Wright - how does that not apply in this scenario. 

Archived