IGNORED

Champions League Streams

Unan

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Probably a dismal 0-0 is in the offing, to get near that game tonight would be an amazing achievement.

0-0 probably means they’ll go from quadruple to double in 5 days. 

Definitely brushed off Llorente's arm 100%, whether that's enough for deliberate handball Im not sure.

I was more surprised Sterling's 'goal was disallowed'. If the ball deflects off the defender from an attackers pass it can still be offside so I would have expected the opposite to be true i.e it only deflected off Silva, the pass came from the defender so not offside. What do I know.

3 minutes ago, miser said:

Watching Rio Ferdinand claiming you can see the ripple of Lorientes skin. Can I get one of the Tv's that he's watching.

The skin does ripple on his upper arm with a very slight impact from the ball, personally I think it would of been very harsh to disallow it but the fact is is that it hit  his arm before his hip 

10 minutes ago, miser said:

Watching Rio Ferdinand claiming you can see the ripple of Lorientes skin. Can I get one of the Tv's that he's watching.

For me deffo hand ball, you can see a slight deviation of the ball on both replays, plus what Ferdinand brought up, about the ripple of the skin on the arm, concurrent with something striking it

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

The skin does ripple on his upper arm with a very slight impact from the ball, personally I think it would of been very harsh to disallow it but the fact is is that it hit  his arm before his hip 

I'm off to Specsavers ?

It may well have touched his arm, absolutely zero intent though, he probably couldn’t even see the ball as Kompany was going to head it directly in front of him. 

I hate VAR, I really worry for our game, where is it all going to end,  it concerns me that next we will have cameras deciding on fouls and robot cameras running the line. It’s a sport played and officiated by humans, not a bloody tv programme. 

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

The referee didn’t get the view that showed it hit his arm, if VAR doesn’t show every angle how can it be used.

This. I can see a massive balls up down the line when the pitch referee gets involved with a fine line decision.

Anyone who has the pressure of making a straight yes or no with the noise of the crowd, managers, players in their ear etc, plus the way those replays are carried out with multiple rewinds and forwards, just don't think you can make a coherent decision on those grounds.

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Never a deliberate handball , glad the goal was given right decision.

Don't know the law on handball in the box, but surely if a goal is scored on the trajectory of the ball changing from hitting the arm in this case, can't think why it wouldn't be hand ball. Can someone answer the law on this

6 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Don't know the law on handball in the box, but surely if a goal is scored on the trajectory of the ball changing from hitting the arm in this case, can't think why it wouldn't be hand ball. Can someone answer the law on this

At the moment the law is interpreted in a way that the goal is fine, but the law is changing from next season to any handball, whether accidental or deliberate, that leads to a goal is a foul. As a result, if this situation happens next season the goal would have been ruled out.

7 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

This is where for VAR purposes they should just make it black or white, it hit a hand then it’s handball, take away the whole deliberate debate

I’ve never forgotten De Bruyne’s comments after the second leg at Ashton Gate. No class at all, no mention of City’s great fight in both legs, just a job done. Well it may have been mate but it was worth the wait to see the job just done on you tonight !! Get in!!

6 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

The law is that handball must be deliberate for a free kick to be awarded, end of. 

In Fifa's Laws of the Game under Law 12, Fouls and Misconduct, it is stated that a free-kick or penalty is awarded if a player “handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)”. ... Any goal scored after striking the arm of an attacking player would be disallowed

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

This is where for VAR purposes they should just make it black or white, it hit a hand then it’s handball, take away the whole deliberate debate

Then you will just get players kicking the ball at players arms, it would be ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, TomF said:

One of the greatest CL games ever. I expect Man City will bounce back and stuff them 5-0 on sat 

I think they’ll struggle to pick themselves back up after that, especially after the pure elation thinking they’d done it with an injury time winner in a quality game only to come crashing back to earth shortly afterwards with it being disallowed, could see how much that hurt the players at FT, now we’ll see how good Pep really is....

27 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It may well have touched his arm, absolutely zero intent though, he probably couldn’t even see the ball as Kompany was going to head it directly in front of him. 

I hate VAR, I really worry for our game, where is it all going to end,  it concerns me that next we will have cameras deciding on fouls and robot cameras running the line. It’s a sport played and officiated by humans, not a bloody tv programme. 

I didn't think it even hit his arm ( well not beyond reasonable doubt). So no probs with the decision.

disagree with you on VAR, it's (albeit not quite the same thing) made cricket even more dramatic.all it does is iron out the clearly wrong decisions and leave the interpretative ones; the latter much like normal ref decisions. So we get rid of the stinkers but still keeps debatable ones, and hence one of the things we all like talking about as fans remains?!

11 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

I didn't think it even hit his arm ( well not beyond reasonable doubt). So no probs with the decision.

disagree with you on VAR, it's (albeit not quite the same thing) made cricket even more dramatic.all it does is iron out the clearly wrong decisions and leave the interpretative ones; the latter much like normal ref decisions. So we get rid of the stinkers but still keeps debatable ones, and hence one of the things we all like talking about as fans remains?!

My only concern is that it neutralises celebrations. Nobody can truly celebrate a goal in the moment until everything has been checked. 

43 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

At the moment the law is interpreted in a way that the goal is fine, but the law is changing from next season to any handball, whether accidental or deliberate, that leads to a goal is a foul. As a result, if this situation happens next season the goal would have been ruled out.

Surely that only applies if an attacker “handles” the ball?

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s not irrelevant Harry’s, law 12 of the game tells you that handball HAS to be a deliberate act.

The wording of the law needs re-writing Bill, it is not very often a player would deliberately handle the ball in the box because he knows the consequences, if it would of been more obvious last night that the ball struck his arm then it would of been disallowed (despite it being obviously unintentional) the ref let the goal stand solely by the fact that he wasn’t even sure it struck his arm

7 hours ago, cider-manc said:

The thing most people overlooked when they were all suggesting that manchester City could win all four trophies.... is that there is a really big chance liverpool could actually win the two biggest.

Two cracking semi finals coming up.

Given Pep was referencing a quintuple the other week, if Liverpool and Watford manage to do their bit, it will be hilarious if they are left with that prestigious Charity Shield-League Cup double.

8 hours ago, cider-manc said:

The thing most people overlooked when they were all suggesting that manchester City could win all four trophies.... is that there is a really big chance liverpool could actually win the two biggest.

Two cracking semi finals coming up.

Under the radar?

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I think they’ll struggle to pick themselves back up after that, especially after the pure elation thinking they’d done it with an injury time winner in a quality game only to come crashing back to earth shortly afterwards with it being disallowed, could see how much that hurt the players at FT, now we’ll see how good Pep really is....

I think they might struggle too. Everything was geared to winning the quadruple and now that’s gone so how much fight and interest will they have now what they are aiming for is ‘average’ to them? 

As for VAR I do get how it can kill the moment but I suppose if the correct decision is the outcome it can only be right. Last night without VAR an offside goal would have won the game, that wouldn’t have been right. 

The tension can be in the waiting for the decision and then celebrating or not. Rugby do this, only football fans will do it better I hope. Nothing can take away the spontaneity of a goal celebration in real time though, but as we’ve recently been robbed of decisions I’m sure the fair thing is to get it right in games.

Archived