IGNORED

Atyeo open for HOME supporters Vs Derby (Merged)

phantom

• Admin

City fans can really make Ashton Gate a cauldron of noise for the final scheduled Sky Bet Championship home match of the season against Derby County (Saturday, April 27th, KO 3pm).

In a repeat of the Manchester United and Manchester City games last season, seats in a section of the Atyeo Stand are available for home supporters as demand to see the Robins meet the Rams increases.

More than 22,000 tickets have already been sold for the game and City Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton said: We are in a really strong position and every cheer and chant will make a difference to the players.

“With that in mind we have made a section of the Atyeo Stand available for the Derby County match for our fans so that we can truly make the Gate a cauldron of noise.”

The desire for tickets for the run-in is matched by an interest in seeing City in their next campaign with season cards for the 2019/20 campaign back on sale after unprecedented demand.

Supporters looking to become new season card holders can choose their seat both online and over the phone from this time.

Season card prices remain frozen in the family area and on all new Under-12 and Under-19 seats.

While the South Stand has sold out  following a record 14,000 secured during the initial sales period  new season card holders can still purchase seats in the Dolman Stand and Lansdown Stand.

Ticket prices for Adults, Concessions and Under-22s have risen by five per cent, following the initial sales period but previously advertised season card holder benefits remain the same. There is no pay monthly option available.

The second season card sales period ends at midday Friday, May 3rd.

After I looked at the Reading tickets for Reading fans on their site I thought I would look at Derby’s. As @phantomsays they have just gone on general sale. £32 plus £1 fee plus another quid if you want them posted. So that is potentially £34 match ticket (unlike Hull concessions are available). Their coach travel for members is £25, but there is a discount for U16’s of £6. So match and coach is £59 each.

I guess if the Atyeo is open to our fans that’s the price we will be paying too. Shocking prices by us, I boycott Leeds and Sheffield for being pricy but we aren’t any better.

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

After I looked at the Reading tickets for Reading fans on their site I thought I would look at Derby’s. As @phantomsays they have just gone on general sale. £32 plus £1 fee plus another quid if you want them posted. So that is potentially £34 match ticket (unlike Hull concessions are available). Their coach travel for members is £25, but there is a discount for U16’s of £6. So match and coach is £59 each.

I guess if the Atyeo is open to our fans that’s the price we will be paying too. Shocking prices by us, I boycott Leeds and Sheffield for being pricy but we aren’t any better.

Maybe we have chucked in a Easter Egg as well.

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Gonna look a bit silly if we lose tomorrow and Monday! Should of waited till Tuesday 

Not really. 

We should do it every match imo, would improve the atmosphere and we should make them cheaper tickets to make it more affordable 

44 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Atyeo should be available every match and priced lower than the rest of the ground.

Isn’t there something that you are not allowed to charge away supporters more than the home in the same stand, although you are allowed to do offers to the home supporters several times a year, I may be totally wrong here but I am sure I have seen it somewhere.

2 minutes ago, gordie said:

Isn’t there something that you are not allowed to charge away supporters more than the home in the same stand, although you are allowed to do offers to the home supporters several times a year, I may be totally wrong here but I am sure I have seen it somewhere.

We should make it 20 quid for all fans in that stand. Give 2.6k to other clubs and the rest to us

35 minutes ago, gordie said:

Correct. I got a refund from PNE a few years back after they charged City fans more than PNE fans in the same stand behind the goal.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Not really. 

We should do it every match imo, would improve the atmosphere and we should make them cheaper tickets to make it more affordable 

Does it improve the atmosphere though?  I'm not convinced.  Most of our most vocal support will already have season tickets and most of them will already be in S82.

For games where there is more supply than demand, I suspect it would just mean dispersing the home crowd over a larger area with no particular benefit.  And it would seem pretty pointless for a Tuesday night game v Wigan or similar with only a handful of away supporters.

I do agree with a cheaper ticket price though.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Totally agree 100% with you

32 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Why should there be a discount on tickets in that stand?

To be fair the facilities are crap in that stand compared to the rest of the ground so if they did ever sell tickets in there regularly they should be cheaper and they should make an agreement like Reading did with other clubs and cap it at £20-25 in return for the same for ours when we are away

7 minutes ago, gordie said:

To be fair the facilities are crap in that stand compared to the rest of the ground so if they did ever sell tickets in there regularly they should be cheaper and they should make an agreement like Reading did with other clubs and cap it at £20-25 in return for the same for ours when we are away

I’m not actually a big fan of making cheaper tickets available for those who want to only turn up now and then (yes, I’m aware that there are a variety of reasons for this)

However, I think it would be great to offer reduced price season tickets, or maybe 5 game batch tickets (5 games for £100) in that area of the ground. 

By selling to regular people, it also negates/reduces any concerns about trouble, as the club would have the details for everybody sat in that area. (Rather than POTD) 

45 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Because they are the worst seats in the ground. 

And personally I think all away tickets should be capped at 20 pounds in the championship 

You can't charge away fans 20 pound then charge home fans 40.

54 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Because they are the worst seats in the ground. 

And personally I think all away tickets should be capped at 20 pounds in the championship 

Don't agree. I would go back to my Atyeo stand seat behind the goal if given the chance.

1 minute ago, Ashtonboy said:

Don't agree. I would go back to my Atyeo stand seat behind the goal if given the chance.

Interested to hear where you'd say the worst seats are then. 

As it's the oldest stand, as well as being behind the goal, I'd say it probably is

Just now, JBFC II said:

Interested to hear where you'd say the worst seats are then. 

As it's the oldest stand, as well as being behind the goal, I'd say it probably is

Why does there have to be a "worst"? The seat was as comfortable as my seat in the south stand, the same pasties were available and the beer identical. I was also a lot closer to the action, and although the stand is not that old it felt a little more "old school". Personal choice and all that and that's not to say I don't think the stadium revamp is not superb.

It's always positive to have home fans behind both goals- no brainer tbh.

This move ideal, thought so for ages- though in the medium to long term, I would have stuck away fans in the top tier of the Lansdown, though it maybe impractical in reality?

It can help join up atmosphere quite well around the ground- home fans in the section nearest the Dolman maybe, that helps- with both corners having some noisier fans and the Dolman can more readily join in. Plus of course, close proximity to away fans always helps with atmosphere and intensity.

Indeed, read a few reviews of visiting fans to AG on some site the other day- the theme that came up among a few was querying why our noisier area/singing section whatever you want to call it was so far from the away fans.

Positive move by the club this, well done.

Archived