IGNORED

Atyeo open for HOME supporters Vs Derby (Merged)

phantom

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

I swapped mine & my boy's tickets in the Dolman to the Upper Williams/Grandstand/Lansdown the other day as they aren't right next to each other and finding spare seats on the day would be a right faff. Our Dolman seats have already been sold - I was amazed! 

Personally, I'm delighted with this news.

*New friends!*

6 hours ago, Riaz said:

Still loads of tickets left.

Disappointing we cant sell out for such a massive game.

Surprised and disappointed about this.

I have a theory about why this has happened....

I reckon our “committed” support is somewhere in the region of 22,000 people. When I say “committed” support, I mean people who care about the club and will always show up for the most important occasions - like Derby tomorrow. They might not be STH, but they will always be there when it really matters (I’m one of those).

Therefore, before the redevelopment when capacity was 19k, it guaranteed a sell out for the massive games.

Beyond the 22k, I think we have “uncommitted” support. These are people who choose games based on the name of the opposition (which explains why games like Leeds and Villa sell out despite being less important than tomorrow), or go for the social aspects more than the football. These people care less about the importance of the match. I think the “social” group has increased substantially since the redevelopment - and explains a number of those who seem to spend more time getting drinks than they do watching the game.

Plus of course the really big clubs will have some fans in the home ends (Leeds and Villa again).

So, tomorrow is a huge game for the 22k committed supporters, but has less relevance for the uncommitted ones who aren’t drawn by the Derby name. Hence why the game hasn’t sold out.

Still surprised though!

It'll be very close to a home sell out imo.

10 seats left in the lower bowl at this time.

46 in the Upper Lansdown plus 87 in W6 out of 166 that were released about 3 hours ago.

About 520 in the Atyeo - they'll be close to selling out by kick off imo.

25k +  would be an excellent attendance.

This article makes it seem like a further 700 tickets are available, but pretty sure it's just referring to the original amount of tickets! 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/home-supporters-allocated-atyeo-stand-seats/

HOME SUPPORTERS ALLOCATED ATYEO STAND SEATS

An extra 700 seats in the Atyeo Stand have become available to City supporters for the club’s Sky Bet Championship fixture with Derby County.

The stand is usually allocated to travelling fans only, but sections will be opened up to home supporters for the first time this season. It was last extended to the home crowd when the Robins hosted Manchester City in the 2017/18 Carabao Cup semi-finals.

Already more than 24,500 tickets have been sold for the visit of the Rams to BS3.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

This article makes it seem like a further 700 tickets are available, but pretty sure it's just referring to the original amount of tickets! 

I would expect them to sell one block at a time, easier for segregation.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

100% this.

Day trip City fans will not pay £32.

I think they will...

Home sell out on the cards with POTD up till kick off.

Attendance of 25,500 on the cards.

People have short memories - since when was an attendance of that figure a failure ?

Just now, bcfc01 said:

I think they will...

Home sell out on the cards with POTD up till kick off.

Attendance of 25,500 on the cards.

People have short memories - since when was an attendance of that figure a failure ?

Course it’s not a failure.

I was just making my point that the match day prices are far too expensive and that goes for the whole division. If it was cheaper, this would have sold out days ago.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Course it’s not a failure.

I was just making my point that the match day prices are far too expensive and that goes for the whole division. If it was cheaper, this would have sold out days ago.

Supply and demand.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Can't say I'm to suprised. I still say ticket prices are putting lots of people off. 

Leeds sold out and that was a less crucial game than this one. The stadium has sold out a number of times previously with tickets at full price and come close to selling out on a number of other occasions this season. I don’t think ticket prices alone explain it.

Although I do agree some tickets are too much, I also think the ticket price argument is a little overstated with people usually quoting the top price ticket as the only example. My son and I will be sat in the family area tomorrow for a total of £32, which I think is pretty reasonable.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Leeds sold out and that was a less crucial game than this one. The stadium has sold out a number of times previously with tickets at full price and come close to selling out on a number of other occasions this season. I don’t think ticket prices alone explain it.

Although I do agree some tickets are too much, I also think the ticket price argument is a little overstated with people usually quoting the top price ticket as the only example. My son and I will be sat in the family area tomorrow for a total of £32, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Had to pay 38.00 for my wife's ticket at a concession price. I think that's quite a salty figure to come out of a state pension, more than 25% of the pension.

Of course, there's also the thought that some people don't believe we are good enough to win the match, especially based on previous home performances (bar WBA), which have been woeful for much of the time, so some will be hedging their bets and waiting for the play offs, hopefully.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Had to pay 38.00 for my wife's ticket at a concession price. I think that's quite a salty figure to come out of a state pension, more than 25% of the pension.

Of course, there's also the thought that some people don't believe we are good enough to win the match, especially based on previous home performances (bar WBA), which have been woeful for much of the time, so some will be hedging their bets and waiting for the play offs, hopefully.

I agree that’s too much, but again you are talking about a non-member price for a gold category fixture in the best seats in the house. There are ways to pay less.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree that’s too much, but again you are talking about a non-member price for a gold category fixture in the best seats in the house. There are ways to pay less.

I know there are ways to pay less but, My wife wanted to sit in the same area as myself. She had a half season ticket last year but couldn't afford to renew this time. So we've relied on spare tickets and a few cheaper purchases. Membership just increases the overall price, unless it's used regularly. She was thinking of buying one for the upper Lansdown and climbing down over the front.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I know there are ways to pay less but, My wife wanted to sit in the same area as myself. She had a half season ticket last year but couldn't afford to renew this time. So we've relied on spare tickets and a few cheaper purchases. Membership just increases the overall price, unless it's used regularly. She was thinking of buying one for the upper Lansdown and climbing down over the front.

Don’t get me wrong I do agree it’s too much. But you are choosing to sit in the most expensive area of the stadium.

Fair point re membership, though I do feel it’s a very fair scheme for non-STH regulars such as myself.

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Shows how far we’ve come as a club when 25k is considered a poor crowd.

It would take our less illustrious squatter neighbours 3 games to reach that figure, or, put another way, an entire month of home fixtures.

Mind the ******* gert chasm fookers.

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Shows how far we’ve come as a club when 25k is considered a poor crowd.

Laughable when some consider it a poor effort :laughcont:

84 left in the Upper Lansdown.

451 in the Atyeo.

Nothing else.

And people say its a poor attendance :w00t:

7 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Can't say I'm to suprised. I still say ticket prices are putting lots of people off. 

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

100% this.

Day trip City fans will not pay £32.

Have you missed the fact that 25,000 people have bought tickets..?

12 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Blimey !

Only 600 tickets left for POTD.

Fantastic support, over 25k guaranteed.

Does this factor in segregation and 10% reduction in s82?

Still great backing- I hope the crowd stick with the side as there will be difficult spells, spells where the team need that extra push- think the last 5-10 mins v WBA.

Players need to lift the crowd too, a spark e.g. a sliding tackle may do just that! Can get away with a bit more perhaps, bit more if conditions as anticipated. 

Archived