IGNORED

Atyeo open for HOME supporters Vs Derby (Merged)

phantom

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Because they are the worst seats in the ground. 

And personally I think all away tickets should be capped at 20 pounds in the championship 

I agree with the sentiment, would you be happy to pay an extra £2 on top of your normal match day ticket cost to subsidise the away fans? 

The situation is that we would end up with more support for away teams is that something we want to encourage? 

6 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Why does there have to be a "worst"? The seat was as comfortable as my seat in the south stand, the same pasties were available and the beer identical. I was also a lot closer to the action, and although the stand is not that old it felt a little more "old school". Personal choice and all that and that's not to say I don't think the stadium revamp is not superb.

There's always a 'worst' place to sit/stand at any venue, whether that be a football ground or concert venue. 

It doesn't mean the place is bad but it does mean that normally it is cheaper than the rest of the ground/arena. In this case, the Atyeo is a good 20 years older than the other three stands, and has the negative that its behind a goal (which is to some peoples taste, but normally means a reduced ticket. 

Therefore I think we should split it in half with home and away fans and reduce the tickets to encourage people to use it

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I agree with the sentiment, would you be happy to pay an extra £2 on top of your normal match day ticket cost to subsidise the away fans? 

The situation is that we would end up with more support for away teams is that something we want to encourage? 

Firstly I don't see why we would have to subsidise, the extra income from selling more away tickets, plus the home tickets that would come available would make up for the losses that would happen whenever leeds/villa come to town. 

Personally, I would rather see large away followings, it increases the atmosphere and means there more chance of reciprocation from other clubs when we visit their grounds

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Age-old debate on here but it would be an emphatic yes from me.

More away fans improves the overall atmosphere no end, makes for a better occasion overall, and brings out the best in our own support meaning there is no net advantage for the away team. Plus the club makes more money.

I always look forward to a fixture with a sold-our away end more than one with a near-empty Atyeo.

Plus I’d far rather we were giving good allocations and getting good ones in return - far better than both teams giving tit-for-tat reduced allocations, which just stops supporters of all clubs watching the football they want to.

3 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

Why does there have to be a "worst"? The seat was as comfortable as my seat in the south stand, the same pasties were available and the beer identical. I was also a lot closer to the action, and although the stand is not that old it felt a little more "old school". Personal choice and all that and that's not to say I don't think the stadium revamp is not superb.

It was a bloody site quicker to get out of the Atyeo at FT too.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not actually a big fan of making cheaper tickets available for those who want to only turn up now and then (yes, I’m aware that there are a variety of reasons for this)

However, I think it would be great to offer reduced price season tickets, or maybe 5 game batch tickets (5 games for £100) in that area of the ground. 

By selling to regular people, it also negates/reduces any concerns about trouble, as the club would have the details for everybody sat in that area. (Rather than POTD) 

Good logic?

6 minutes ago, megansdad said:

our performance today was not bad - created lots of chances and again dominated. Hopefully against Derby we will take the chances - 5 wins from the Prem!

or maybe 6

Thought we were poor, lethargic and quite frankly some of them looked like they’d rather be elsewhere. Granted the bell didn’t bounce For us today but you make your own luck. Doing our usual stumbling over the line poorly.

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

Thought we were poor, lethargic and quite frankly some of them looked like they’d rather be elsewhere. Granted the bell didn’t bounce For us today but you make your own luck. Doing our usual stumbling over the line poorly.

At this level there is small margins of error, a bit like typing “bell” instead of “ball”! ?

I'm so peeved. I cannot believe what I just saw. I'm sure these referees are paid to ensure the big names go through no matter!! They don't want little Bristol City and boring Middlesboro in the equation. Let's help out Frank Lampard's Derby County by GIVING them a penalty which was NO WAY a penalty. Watch the penalty now on Sky - watch it - ridiculous!! I'm sure SKY have some involvement in this. Having Frank Lampard in the play-offs will just make the play-offs much more interesting and a larger interest!! Sorry we're still in but City will need everything they've got next week if they are to overcome such generosity towards the 'big' boys with the big names!! Well done to City for getting this far!

1 minute ago, pikeysrobins said:

I'm so peeved. I cannot believe what I just saw. I'm sure these referees are paid to ensure the big names go through no matter!! They don't want little Bristol City and boring Middlesboro in the equation. Let's help out Frank Lampard's Derby County by GIVING them a penalty which was NO WAY a penalty. Watch the penalty now on Sky - watch it - ridiculous!! I'm sure SKY have some involvement in this. Having Frank Lampard in the play-offs will just make the play-offs much more interesting and a larger interest!! Sorry we're still in but City will need everything they've got next week if they are to overcome such generosity towards the 'big' boys with the big names!! Well done to City for getting this far!

Well we can hit the big boys beating Man U and giving Man C a good two games,  so they just have to go for it and not start slowly and lethargic!

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Well we can hit the big boys beating Man U and giving Man C a good two games,  so they just have to go for it and not start slowly and lethargic!

Absolutely! It's now a 'cup' tie in many ways so we have to go for it. Shame we don't have the momentum going into it. What we have to remember is that we have done so well to get this far.

Archived