Red button tomorrow?

marcofisher

A few games are

• Sheffield United
  • 12:30
  • Nottingham Forest
  •  
  •  

Championship, Sky Sports Main Event (12:00), Sky Sports Football (12:00)

• Birmingham City
  • 15:00
  • Derby County
  •  
  •  

Championship, Sky Sports Football - Red Button (15:00)

• Burton Albion
  • Portsmouth
  •  
  •  

League One, Sky Sports Football (14:30)

• Leeds United
  • Wigan Athletic
  •  
  •  

• Queens Park Rangers
  • Blackburn Rovers
  •  
  •  

• Sunderland
  • 17:15
  • Doncaster Rovers
  •  
  •  

League One, Sky Sports Main Event (17:00), Sky Sports Football (17:00)

• Norwich City
  • 19:45
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  •  
  •  

Championship, Sky Sports Football (19:30), Sky Sports Main Event (19:30)

3 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Why is it not on the red button, what is the excuse this time? The whole "is it isn't it" situation is a farce, along with not really knowing until the last minute.

Been known for a while it's on the skysports website. Monday isn't on either.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Its on BCTV+ for those abroad so I expect there will be a fairly reliable stream out there somewhere or on IPTV 

Eh? What’s BCTV+ ? Is that any different to BCTV ?

1 hour ago, Gakoe said:

Eh? What’s BCTV+ ? Is that any different to BCTV ?

BCTV+ is the one that streams ALL games for a monthly or annual subscription (bar any that are televised domestically or internationally) for those who live abroad. ie it is not available for UK & ROI fans 

BCTV usually shows the hilights/interviews etc

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I expect SL wants to maximise sales so gave it a thumbs down.

The board of directors will want to maximize sales on behalf of the club. It is their responsibility to act in the best interests of the company. There be your down turned opposable digits 

13 minutes ago, swanker said:

Why on earth would any city supporter be interested if tomorrow’s game was on the red button? 

Get down the gate and cheer the lads on to 3 points. These type of game are what we’ve been waiting for!

Maybe something to do with the fact that not everyone being able to make it to AG for various reasons, like living outside of Bristol for a start.

58 minutes ago, swanker said:

Why on earth would any city supporter be interested if tomorrow’s game was on the red button? 

Get down the gate and cheer the lads on to 3 points. These type of game are what we’ve been waiting for!

You do know that not all postcodes start with BS?  You may have been put off by the ‘there be dragons’ on the map but people do actually live there.

7 hours ago, swanker said:

Perhaps some of us are visiting family in Oz and were hoping to watch on Sky Go via VPN.

Hopefully Hesgoal will deliver.

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

You do know that not all postcodes start with BS?  You may have been put off by the ‘there be dragons’ on the map but people do actually live there.

I have raised this issue previously. Of course many fans who live a fair distance away are very limited, due to cost and personal or work commitments, as to the number of games they can get to.

Bs, City, SL or whoever makes the decision should start living in the 21st century.

I should dearly like evidence as to how much match income would be lost if the match, or any match, is on the red button

Come on City/BS/ SL get in touch with the real world of 2019 and the modern supporter.  Some of us feel the club just only cares about money and not about the club's lifeblood, i.e. the fans.

After all we and our families will still be fans long after BS and SL are but names in a history book

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

BCTV+ is the one that streams ALL games for a monthly or annual subscription (bar any that are televised domestically or internationally) for those who live abroad. ie it is not available for UK & ROI fans 

BCTV usually shows the hilights/interviews etc

Ahh sound, thanks. That’s the one I use, for a minute there I  thought I was missing out on something! 

Frenchay Red, if you’re in oz for a while I’d recommend subscribing to this. 12 quid a month, not a contract btw and you can listen to 20man phone in after the game.

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Maybe something to do with the fact that not everyone being able to make it to AG for various reasons, like living outside of Bristol for a start.

More likely most are armchair supporters who’d  rather park their fat backsides in front of the telly. 

3 hours ago, swanker said:

More likely most are armchair supporters who’d  rather park their fat backsides in front of the telly. 

Dear me. So you are actually denying any reasonable requirement for the red button, that some supporters don’t live in Bristol, in fact might live all over the world, and might not legitimately be able to make the game?

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Don't see the problem, if you go to the game you buy a ticket, if you can not get to games you can subscribe to BCTV, this is a professional football club, so either way you pay.

If we were indeed professional then BCTV would actually work 100% of the time

Through the deal with Sky, BS get enough money to allow use of red button.  Other very professional clubs manage it

Archived