IGNORED

Red button tomorrow?

marcofisher

I'm stuck at home watching SSN. As goals have gone in we've gone live to The Den and the Kassam Stadium, but not even a mention of the goals at AG, just a change to the text on the yellow ribbon at the foot of the screen.

Edit; as the game enters it's 88th minute, they now show us Josh's equaliser.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

If we were indeed professional then BCTV would actually work 100% of the time

Through the deal with Sky, BS get enough money to allow use of red button.  Other very professional clubs manage it

Perhaps with more income BCTV could be improved, or we could buy a super duper striker, or ensure we comply with FFP regulations. Or indeed upgrade  Easter Eggs.

Bristol City FC are a professional football club, not a charity.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Dear me. So you are actually denying any reasonable requirement for the red button, that some supporters don’t live in Bristol, in fact might live all over the world, and might not legitimately be able to make the game?

No, my point was armchair supporters. There’s loads of them. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal supporters who have never set foot in a football stadium. Why would they want to cheer their local team on when they can watch it on the red button.  

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Perhaps with more income BCTV could be improved, or we could buy a super duper striker, or ensure we comply with FFP regulations. Or indeed upgrade  Easter Eggs.

Bristol City FC are a professional football club, not a charity.

Yet not professional enough as yet. Professional and charity are not opposites.  I know many charities far more professional than BS

And please it isn't City I am talking about but Bristol Sport.

Archived