IGNORED

Scotland

Super

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Super said:

Sack Alex Mcleish.

Sorry to be pedantic, but was by mutual consent

The Scottish FA said in a statement: "The decision was agreed collectively by the board at its scheduled meeting today and in consultation with Alex.

"His assistant coaches, Peter Grant, James McFadden and Stevie Woods, will also leave their roles."

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but was by mutual consent

The Scottish FA said in a statement: "The decision was agreed collectively by the board at its scheduled meeting today and in consultation with Alex.

"His assistant coaches, Peter Grant, James McFadden and Stevie Woods, will also leave their roles."

Doesn't this always get said though? 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Doesn't this always get said though? 

It gives the game up a little when you see three other blokes - his assistants - are leaving their roles too. I doubt they made a collective mutual decision; or maybe all four are just that incredibly loyal to each other the thought of not working together for even a moment was unbearable... 

25 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

WTF did they appointment him! He's been F  useless for years!

It wouldn’t matter who is in charge of the laughable Jocks national team. They simply don’t have enough quality throughout entire set up.

Trying to motivate players when they know their in a crap team must be high on impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wouldn’t matter who is in charge of the laughable Jocks national team. They simply don’t have enough quality throughout entire set up.

Trying to motivate players when they know their in a crap team must be high on impossible. 

Surely they have better players than NI but they do ok with limited players.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a different player mindset and most of the NI players play in the EFL - much higher standard than the Scottish Legues.

5 players who played against San Marino play in the Premier league.

26 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Scotland do about as well as you'd expect a nation of 5 million people to do. 

We seem to forget that in the past, they were punching well above their weight.

When was that RR?   

Scotland have been pretty crap for as long as I’ve been following football.

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I take it you didn't follow football in the late 60s and 70s?

I remember them being at the World Cup and called themselves ‘Ally’s Army’ . Gemmill and Narey scored two memorable goals but that’s about all.

That was the last time they qualified for anything I think......

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

WTF did they appointment him! He's been F  useless for years!

There has been a lot written recently suggesting that Alex McLeish is suffering from mental health issues which only came to light after his appointment (by his mate who heads up the Scottish FA) into the Scotland job. After the San Marino game there was apparently, a 'deeply troubling incident' concerning him. Mental health problems afflict more and more people these days, in all walks of life and I hope that McLeish can now get the treatment he needs and make a full recovery.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember them being at the World Cup and called themselves ‘Ally’s Army’ . Gemmill and Narey scored two memorable goals but that’s about all.

Qualified every tournament in 74 to 90, which is more than we can say.  Last featured in 1998, 20 years after the cup you recall.

Stop parading your ignorance of football.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Qualified every tournament in 74 to 90, which is more than we can say.  Last featured in 1998, 20 years after the cup you recall.

Stop parading your ignorance of football.

I have zero interest in Scottish football so therefore can’t remember their national achievements other that in 1967 Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have zero interest in Scottish football so therefore can’t remember their national achievements other that in 1967 Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup.

Good afternoon Robbored.Seeing as you seem to have zero interest in any thread you ever comment on,have you ever considered finding a forum,or maybe starting your own,which may perhaps contain topics you find of some interest?

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

82 and 86 World Cup, qualified for euros in England. Since then Scotland have not qualified and don’t look like doing so for a long time. Once upon a time we were actually a half decent side but not anymore

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The City side of the 70s was full of talented Scotsman. I guess you've forgotten that as well?

4 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Good afternoon Robbored.Seeing as you seem to have zero interest in any thread you ever comment on,have you ever considered finding a forum,or maybe starting your own,which may perhaps contain topics you find of some interest?

There are lots of things  I have no interest in.

Scottish football.......:sleeping: 

F1 - dull and predictable......:fastasleep:

Basketball - meh.............:dunno:

Boxing - way too brutal. I’ve never been able to see any skill in punching another guy and trying to avoid being hit back........:facepalm:

The gas - and why I never post on the overlong ‘dustbin’ thread.

Politics both local or national. As a UK citizen Its my right use  my vote but always feel that it’s pretty meaningless.

Thats about it I think............

Archived