IGNORED

Scotland

Super

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There are lots of things  I have no interest in.

Scottish football.......:sleeping: 

F1 - dull and predictable......:fastasleep:

Basketball - meh.............:dunno:

Boxing - way too brutal. I’ve never been able to see any skill in punching another guy and trying to avoid being hit back........:facepalm:

The gas - and why I never post on the overlong ‘dustbin’ thread.

Politics both local or national. As a UK citizen Its my right use  my vote but always feel that it’s pretty meaningless.

Thats about it I think............

Yet you post in a thread about Scotland and almost every Scottish thread?!

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Strong views, but next to no knowledge about the subject it would seem, if you thought 1978 was the last World Cup Scotland qualified for....

You’re missing my point RR.  

Because I have no interest in Scottish football, why would I remember when Scotland did or did not reach an important tournament?

Some would say that my dismissive  view of  Scottish football and their national team is a strong view..........:cool2:

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Qualified every tournament in 74 to 90, which is more than we can say.  Last featured in 1998, 20 years after the cup you recall.

But not since 1990?     Is that what your saying?

Thats almost 30 years............:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Scotland do about as well as you'd expect a nation of 5 million people to do. 

We seem to forget that in the past, they were punching well above their weight.

Agreed

NI - Population circa 1.8m

Wales - Population circa 3.2m

ROI - Population circa 4.8m

Scotland - Just Shite with an even more shite footballing setup with the exception of 2 average teams

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re missing my point RR.  

Because I have no interest in Scottish football, why would I remember when Scotland did or did not reach an important tournament?

Some would say that my dismissive  view of  Scottish football and their national team is a strong view..........:cool2:

Well you missed my point too, evil twin.

I posted that Scotland punched above their weight in the late 60s and 70s - and as they are a country with the same population as Finland, to be undefeated in the 1974 finals (drawing with holders Brazil on the way) and to have beaten "Orange Machine" Holland in the 1978 finals, I stand by my assertion. They also won the Home Internationals in 72, 74, 76 and 77.

It's easily argued that Scotland were a better side than England in that mid-to-late 70s era.

All long since gone now. 

Now they are poor for a country of their size, but no poorer than many other European nations. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have zero interest in Scottish football so therefore can’t remember their national achievements other that in 1967 Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup.

The Scotland team reaching a major tournament doesn't take knowledge of Scottish football, but knowledge of international football and competitions.

Given England would have been in most of them, you would have had more interest in it that the utter ignorance you put up as an excuse for being simply uninformed.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Scotland team reaching a major tournament doesn't take knowledge of Scottish football, but knowledge of international football and competitions.

Given England would have been in most of them, you would have had more interest in it that the utter ignorance you put up as an excuse for being simply uninformed.

Jimmy, I’m an Englishman born and bred and the only interest I take in international tournaments/fixtures is when my country is in it. 

Call it ignorance if you want. My attention is 100% on England - I do wish tho that instead of that dirge of a national anthem England, as other home nations have, our own anthem. Land of hope and glory, I vow to thee my country or even Jerusalem. I’d join in to any of those.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well you missed my point too, evil twin.

I posted that Scotland punched above their weight in the late 60s and 70s - and as they are a country with the same population as Finland, to be undefeated in the 1974 finals (drawing with holders Brazil on the way) and to have beaten "Orange Machine" Holland in the 1978 finals, I stand by my assertion. They also won the Home Internationals in 72, 74, 76 and 77.

It's easily argued that Scotland were a better side than England in that mid-to-late 70s era.

All long since gone now. 

Now they are poor for a country of their size, but no poorer than many other European nations. 

Scotland had a great side and some truly wonderful individuals during the ‘70’s

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jimmy, I’m an Englishman born and bred and the only interest I take in international tournaments/fixtures is when my country is in it. 

Call it ignorance if you want. My attention is 100% on England - I do wish tho that instead of that dirge of a national anthem England, as other home nations have, our own anthem. Land of hope and glory, I vow to thee my country or even Jerusalem. I’d join in to any of those.

Scotland qualified for the World Cup in 1974, 78, 82, 86 and 90.

England also qualified in 1986 and 90.

So there's 2 tournaments already, without bothering to look at the Euros.

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Scotland qualified for the World Cup in 1974, 78, 82, 86 and 90.

England also qualified in 1986 and 90.

So there's 2 tournaments already, without bothering to look at the Euros.

Thanks for telling me that.............:sleeping:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Any song by the Spice Girls for me .

Can just imagine her Maj ‘ Zig à zig à ‘ .

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s a different player mindset and most of the NI players play in the EFL - much higher standard than the Scottish Legues.

18 players who have recently represented Scotland play their club football in England .....roughly the same number as have played for Northern Ireland from English clubs .... so your ‘mindset’ point of view doesn’t really stack up?

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

But not since 1990?     Is that what your saying?

Thats almost 30 years............:facepalm:

Read his post properly! He said they last qualified for the World Cup in 1998 not 1990 - you really are frustrating and tiresome - and Scotland qualified for the World Cup finals in 1974, 1978, 1982, 1986, 1990 and 1998 - a better record than England over that period ....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Read his post properly! He said they last qualified for the World Cup in 1998 not 1990 - you really are frustrating and tiresome - and Scotland qualified for the World Cup finals in 1974, 1978, 1982, 1986, 1990 and 1998 - a better record than England over that period ....

Thanks for that BS4.................:sleeping:

What is it about ‘I have zero interest in the Scottish national team’  that you don’t understand?       

Archived