IGNORED

Barcelona tickets

phantom

• Admin

Interesting after the last round of matches where United subsidised their supporters paying £102 for a ticket to the Nou camp. 

I see Barcelona are charging Liverpool supporters £103 per ticket for the semi final, in return Liverpool would normally charge £76, but have announced that they are increasing to £103 to match Barcelona 

The £27 difference raised per ticket will be used to subsidise the cost of their supporters tickets in Spain 

We thought prices were ridiculous in our league, it begs the question how much longer will supporters be able to afford to watch their team? 

We don't price people out. We ger the cheapest flight, the cheapest hotels of decent standard. We refuse to price fellow fans out. THis month we had a preliminary hotel booking in Southampton. We managed to get the room price down by £20 per person by being on the toes. Not because people coulden't afford it but we don't price potential felloe supporters out at any cost. 

Simple case of supply and demand.  If people are prepared to pay silly prices, then suppliers will charge silly prices.

If there is a downturn and people can't afford or won't pay then suppliers will have to reduce prices.

Same with TV rights. I know a lot of people who would like to have Sky and BT Sports, but won't pay the prices they demand.  As prices continue to rise, subscribers fall and the TV companies will not pay so much for the broadcasting rights.

Those who treat their customers as cash cows eventually fail.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting after the last round of matches where United subsidised their supporters paying £102 for a ticket to the Nou camp. 

I see Barcelona are charging Liverpool supporters £103 per ticket for the semi final, in return Liverpool would normally charge £76, but have announced that they are increasing to £103 to match Barcelona 

The £27 difference raised per ticket will be used to subsidise the cost of their supporters tickets in Spain 

We thought prices were ridiculous in our league, it begs the question how much longer will supporters be able to afford to watch their team? 

I don’t get it, charge the best part of 50,000 home fans £27 more to subsidise 10k away fans? (Assuming 10% away attendance, nonetheless fag packet calcs to show this is Robin Hood on steroids). 

Surely Liverpool are better off being the example, not engaging in tit-for-tat? 

I appreciate away fans at Camp Nou are amongst the gods, but c£100, Champions League Semi Final, watching 2 of the top 4 in Europe’s elite fighting to reach the final... some Ed Sheeran tickets will go face value £150. In all honesty, I don’t think it’s outlandish compared to other forms of entertainment. 

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

I don’t get it, charge the best part of 50,000 home fans £27 more to subsidise 10k away fans? (Assuming 10% away attendance, nonetheless fag packet calcs to show this is Robin Hood on steroids). 

Surely Liverpool are better off being the example, not engaging in tit-for-tat? 

I appreciate away fans at Camp Nou are amongst the gods, but c£100, Champions League Semi Final, watching 2 of the top 4 in Europe’s elite fighting to reach the final... some Ed Sheeran tickets will go face value £150. In all honesty, I don’t think it’s outlandish compared to other forms of entertainment. 

I thought the op was saying that Liverpool were only charging Barca fans more to come to Anfield not the home fans?

7 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

I would happily pay £103 to watch City in the champions league semi final.

As would I.

And that is the point, £103 is a lot of money to watch a game of football and along with the cost  of travel etc it will sadly exclude some people from being able to go - But, Liverpool will sell all of their allocation, that is certain.

As said above supply and demand. 

It is a special occasion and it would need quite an uplift in pricing before fans of any club would decide not to attend resulting in a less than full stadium.

Different debate for a run of the mill league game but not for a CL semi

12 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

Exactly this.

unfortunately football has changed and clubs are now run as businesses. They know they will still sell all available tickets at that price so they will put them as high as they can.

Also rather than criticising the high prices of football, the media and other teams. fans will criticise the likes of Man City fans when they decide not to attend an expensive trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final when they’ve already been twice this season and we’re likely to win and earn another trip

14 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

Happily? We're all football fans here, but just read what you've put. You and many others are HAPPY, not content, but HAPPY, to pay over £100 to watch a game of football. Not a final. But a semi final. Of 90 mins of football. 

The world's gone mad. Either that, or you are all paid hefty sums of cash. That's absolutely absurd, and in my view, disgusting to charge that amount for a game of football.

Archived