Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

phantom

Barcelona tickets

Recommended Posts

Interesting after the last round of matches where United subsidised their supporters paying £102 for a ticket to the Nou camp. 

I see Barcelona are charging Liverpool supporters £103 per ticket for the semi final, in return Liverpool would normally charge £76, but have announced that they are increasing to £103 to match Barcelona 

The £27 difference raised per ticket will be used to subsidise the cost of their supporters tickets in Spain 

We thought prices were ridiculous in our league, it begs the question how much longer will supporters be able to afford to watch their team? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is shocking. The amount of money they get from TV really should mean the tickets are cheaper. I'm sure the TV companies would have something to say if no-one was at the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I'm not even surprised semi final of the champions league tickets cost that much. Apparently plane tickets increased by £200 once Liverpool got through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't price people out. We ger the cheapest flight, the cheapest hotels of decent standard. We refuse to price fellow fans out. THis month we had a preliminary hotel booking in Southampton. We managed to get the room price down by £20 per person by being on the toes. Not because people coulden't afford it but we don't price potential felloe supporters out at any cost. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple case of supply and demand.  If people are prepared to pay silly prices, then suppliers will charge silly prices.

If there is a downturn and people can't afford or won't pay then suppliers will have to reduce prices.

Same with TV rights. I know a lot of people who would like to have Sky and BT Sports, but won't pay the prices they demand.  As prices continue to rise, subscribers fall and the TV companies will not pay so much for the broadcasting rights.

Those who treat their customers as cash cows eventually fail.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting after the last round of matches where United subsidised their supporters paying £102 for a ticket to the Nou camp. 

I see Barcelona are charging Liverpool supporters £103 per ticket for the semi final, in return Liverpool would normally charge £76, but have announced that they are increasing to £103 to match Barcelona 

The £27 difference raised per ticket will be used to subsidise the cost of their supporters tickets in Spain 

We thought prices were ridiculous in our league, it begs the question how much longer will supporters be able to afford to watch their team? 

I don’t get it, charge the best part of 50,000 home fans £27 more to subsidise 10k away fans? (Assuming 10% away attendance, nonetheless fag packet calcs to show this is Robin Hood on steroids). 

Surely Liverpool are better off being the example, not engaging in tit-for-tat? 

I appreciate away fans at Camp Nou are amongst the gods, but c£100, Champions League Semi Final, watching 2 of the top 4 in Europe’s elite fighting to reach the final... some Ed Sheeran tickets will go face value £150. In all honesty, I don’t think it’s outlandish compared to other forms of entertainment. 

Edited by 29AR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

I would happily pay £103 to watch City in the champions league semi final.

 

£103 to watch Liverpool at Barcelona? It's a Nou from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

I would happily pay £103 to watch City in the champions league semi final.

 

Well there are 2 English teams in the ‘champions league’ semi finals that haven’t won a Championship in decades.

So you never know!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 29AR said:

I don’t get it, charge the best part of 50,000 home fans £27 more to subsidise 10k away fans? (Assuming 10% away attendance, nonetheless fag packet calcs to show this is Robin Hood on steroids). 

Surely Liverpool are better off being the example, not engaging in tit-for-tat? 

I appreciate away fans at Camp Nou are amongst the gods, but c£100, Champions League Semi Final, watching 2 of the top 4 in Europe’s elite fighting to reach the final... some Ed Sheeran tickets will go face value £150. In all honesty, I don’t think it’s outlandish compared to other forms of entertainment. 

I thought the op was saying that Liverpool were only charging Barca fans more to come to Anfield not the home fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gambler said:

I thought the op was saying that Liverpool were only charging Barca fans more to come to Anfield not the home fans?

Correct @The Gambler, @29AR I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. It's only the barca fans getting charged more 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

I would happily pay £103 to watch City in the champions league semi final.

 

As would I.

And that is the point, £103 is a lot of money to watch a game of football and along with the cost  of travel etc it will sadly exclude some people from being able to go - But, Liverpool will sell all of their allocation, that is certain.

As said above supply and demand. 

It is a special occasion and it would need quite an uplift in pricing before fans of any club would decide not to attend resulting in a less than full stadium.

Different debate for a run of the mill league game but not for a CL semi

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

I would happily pay £103 to watch City in the champions league semi final.

 

Exactly this.

unfortunately football has changed and clubs are now run as businesses. They know they will still sell all available tickets at that price so they will put them as high as they can.

Also rather than criticising the high prices of football, the media and other teams. fans will criticise the likes of Man City fans when they decide not to attend an expensive trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final when they’ve already been twice this season and we’re likely to win and earn another trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a comparison, my sister in law just 'won' ballot tickets for the Wimbledon ladies' final. She won't be going though, as they're £160 each. Shocking - especially as you'll only get 3 sets tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

I would happily pay £103 to watch City in the champions league semi final.

 

Happily? We're all football fans here, but just read what you've put. You and many others are HAPPY, not content, but HAPPY, to pay over £100 to watch a game of football. Not a final. But a semi final. Of 90 mins of football. 

 

The world's gone mad. Either that, or you are all paid hefty sums of cash. That's absolutely absurd, and in my view, disgusting to charge that amount for a game of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...