IGNORED

Mr Holloway and the evening post.

Oh Louie louie

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Since when has talksport been the bastion of making sense? Everytime I tune in its just inflammatory nonsense like they are trolling their entire audience ........... Oh now I get it.

TalkSport is my default radio station in the mornings. Some very interesting and insightful guests and presenters. Sure it’s a commercial station but the adverts don’t bother me. 

I did get irritated earlier last week when Brazil/McCoist handed over to Jim White - three Scots rambling on about the vacant Scotland  managers job as if it was a big deal......................:facepalm:

I was tempted to phone in and point out that no non Scottish listeners give two shits about the poison chalice of the Scottish job................:sleeping:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

TalkSport is my default radio station in the mornings. Some very interesting and insightful guests and presenters. Sure it’s a commercial station but the adverts don’t bother me. 

I did get irritated earlier last week when Brazil/McCoist handed over to Jim White - three Scots rambling on about the vacant Scotland  managers job as if it was a big deal......................:facepalm:

I was tempted to phone in and point out that no non Scottish listeners give two shits about the poison chalice of the Scottish job................:sleeping:

They were talking about sport, clues in the name.

Gerry Gow was a hard player who was also a very good footballer.

Lindsay Parsons was a nasty clogger who was even sent off in a FA Youth Cup tie against City for an atrocious two footed knee high foul on a City player. Seventeen years of age and not his first dismissal either.

Not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Gerry.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

So Holloway claims Gow was wary of Parsons, wow. They probably only played against each other four times in the league, as we were only in the same division as them during 74/5 and 75/6 when both players were at the their respective clubs and unless we had the team sheets for those four games, who'd know? Then, Gow was in midfield and Parsons was a left back. How close did they actually get on the pitch? Then of course one has to realise that Holloway must have had first hand knowledge of their duels, except that, he didn't join Rovers until (1980) three years after Parsons had left them (1977). I'm calling absolute bullshit on this. As Danny Baker once stated, "pathological liars".

Gerry's so called rival at Roverzz was Frankie Prince and that was no rivalry whatsoever...

On 19/04/2019 at 11:20, The Bard said:

Sanctimonious rubbish.  

Well yes I suppose you would say that, you have to delve inside your mind and think what is more important at the moment, harking back at the Holloway years, and all that nonsense that frankly is so childish I it should be consigned to the time when we were young and didn't know any better, and Rovers were actually a rival in the footballing sense by being in the same league. But City have moved on and they are very much still where they were when Holloway upset some City fans...bless. To hold a grudge for so long is bizarre, and for why? Because he was a true Blue as Gow was a true Red, nothing wrong with that, but as said it was decades ago, football has changed the club has move forward, and it's time some of City fans moved on too.  

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Lindsay Parsons was a nasty clogger who was even sent off in a FA Youth Cup tie against City for an atrocious two footed knee high foul on a City player.

Parsons had a well earned ‘dirty bastard’ reputation. Had he been a better footballer he would fitted in well at Dirty Leeds.

Of course Gow was wary of him. Every opponent was. Getting too close could well have led to a career ending injury.

On 22/04/2019 at 09:22, Loon plage said:

Gerry's so called rival at Roverzz was Frankie Prince and that was no rivalry whatsoever...

Frankie Prince,,his forehead was the size of a double decker bus.

On 22/04/2019 at 08:15, Robbored said:

I was tempted to phone in and point out that no non Scottish listeners give two shits about the poison chalice of the Scottish 

'On the sporting couch' on Talk sport on Sat 13th April @ 0600 was about Ian Holloway. Quite an interesting insight into his insecurities. If anyone gets a chance to listen this is a regular programme featuring some well known sporting personalities and the insight into their mental health and what makes them tick. Bobby Gould has also featured , but it's all sports not just Football

On 22/04/2019 at 08:15, Robbored said:

I was tempted to phone in and point out that I couldn't hear a friggin' word they were saying........?

I bet you were

On 22/04/2019 at 08:45, cidered abroad said:

Lindsay Parsons was a nasty clogger who was even sent off in a FA Youth Cup tie against City for an atrocious two footed knee high foul on a City player. Seventeen years of age and not his first dismissal either.

Absolutely.  What a bloody embarrassment it is that thanks to Pulis he was briefly our assistant manager.  

Archived