IGNORED

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 42

Mihai

Bloody M4 service station club, time we shows they who owns the M4 corridor! COYR!!! :chant6ez:

3 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

No goalkeeper on the bench, to much gambling i think. We have 7 players on the bench and only 3 can play. Can not understand why we are taking the risk.

The risk is not taking risk.

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Too cautious that line up for me. The main positive though is that it should allow Brownhill to get forward more, as he definitely has his shooting boots on these days! 

Very much so....

Thought Elliason was excellent at Villa last week & should be starting.

Today is not the day for being cagey.

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

Thank you so much for your message ! I have faith, I always have even if sometimes I get angry and I may say stupid things. 

Hi Mihai,

You may say stupid things? There are many posters in here who regret having said stupid things or know of posters that are constantly saying stupid things! Some say stupid things when there's alcohol involved! Basically, you're in the right forum. Welcome!

Ps how come you're a City fan based in Bucharest?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I will never, ever agree with this when you have 7 substitutes and only 3 to come on.

A first minute injury to a goalkeeper is unlikely but far from impossible, and if it happens you’re all but conceding the game. It’s madness.

Agreed.

Pretty dumb decision imo.

23 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Bloody M4 service station club, time we shows they who owns the M4 corridor! COYR!!! :chant6ez:

The risk is not taking risk.

What does that even mean?

Why include Watkins, an unremarkable player who doesn’t give you anything that Eliasson, Palmer and Taylor don’t, instead of a goalkeeper whose absence could easily cost you the game?

Its hardly a “risk” to not name Watkins, but it quite clearly is a risk to not have a sub keeper.

7 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Mihai,

You may say stupid things? There are many posters in here who regret having said stupid things or know of posters that are constantly saying stupid things! Some say stupid things when there's alcohol involved! Basically, you're in the right forum. Welcome!

Ps how come you're a City fan based in Bucharest?

I would love to tell you my story but I m at work and I simply can not write a long story so I will give you a link 

this is my story but is still just a little from it. I hope that is still enough. COYR !

4 hours ago, Mihai said:

Hi guys. Today is a big day for us like all 5 remaining fixtures. 

Boro has a pretty easy game and we can not lose points against bottom teams like we did with Ipswich and Wigan. Those points are crucial. I don't know if I can find a stream but i will be around here all game.

Hoping for a clean first half with one or two goals. I really want an easy final game, my heart can not take it anymore. 

Good luck to our lads and let's make it !!! Love from Bucharest !!

A 2nd reserve. nice one Mihai.

Are you a Dacia fan then? What else is made in Romania we should know about?

There are no easy games. Drink some jasmine tea and calm yourself down for 90 minutes of pendulum football.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I will never, ever agree with this when you have 7 substitutes and only 3 to come on.

A first minute injury to a goalkeeper is unlikely but far from impossible, and if it happens you’re all but conceding the game. It’s madness.

Agreed, this is the second time LJ has gambled, eventually you will lose. What's to stop Readings coach telling his players "Don't go easy on their goalie" even if you get a yellow. Could happen, who knows. I think Colin would!    Anyway nice to see you all, hopefully hesgoals stream will be good today and I can watch and listen to a good win. COYR's

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Agreed, this is the second time LJ has gambled, eventually you will lose. What's to stop Readings coach telling his players "Don't go easy on their goalie" even if you get a yellow. Could happen, who knows. I think Colin would!    Anyway nice to see you all, hopefully hesgoals stream will be good today and I can watch and listen to a good win. COYR's

I'd be amazed if they didn't lump a load of high crosses into our area to test Max as, at the moment, he looks a bit ropey in that part of his game. Couple that with no keeper on the bench and it seems obvious that they'll try to get at him.

Hopefully, he'll be ok - but having no keeper on the bench does seem a risk not worth taking.

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What does that even mean?

Why include Watkins, an unremarkable player who doesn’t give you anything that Eliasson, Palmer and Taylor don’t, instead of a goalkeeper whose absence could easily cost you the game?

Its hardly a “risk” to not name Watkins, but it quite clearly is a risk to not have a sub keeper.

I agree with you. 

I think it's an unnecessary risk and there is no need to take that sort of risk. 

I'd imagine part of the (flawed) reasoning is that LJ has absolutely zero confidence in Marinovic and has only kept him around because we'd have to search for another keeper should MOL pick up an injury or suspension.

Archived