IGNORED

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 42

Mihai

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Fail to beat Ipswich, Wigan, Reading, Milwall and only just beat 9 men Rotherham.

Our own fault if we don't make it.

Was just about to post the same re: Wigan, Ipswich, and today. Thing is, the way the end of season is panning out, all the games have something riding on them, they're not meaningless. A point is better than nothing but really, it's 2 dropped.  Still a twist n turn yet methinks....

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Still haven't got the quality to make it to the Prem and I think I will never see it in my lifetime. Only ever seen them in the heady days of the old First Division and will have to make do with that.

It  can happen if we give Walsh and Morrell the chance in central midfield and Semenyo the chance at top. Look what happened to Max. Our problem is that we have alwyas killed youth overpaying total shit. WE ARE NOT PLAYING OUR BEST TEAM 

2 points lost today rather than 3 gained. 

We never really looked as if we were up for it....I thought our goal looked as opportunistic as theirs.......

Bitterly disappointed watching city players rugby tackling opposition players......I can't complain that we lack passion....but not the actions of players that play for a team who (wrongly) is being investigated for uncontrollable players. I'm not oblivious to what happens to our players.....I know they are getting kicked all over the park.....but we should be better than that. . 

I'd rather lose than win by cheating..... 

Sadly we lack the killer instinct in the final third.....could have finished it in the first half.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

And some people still think we didn’t need a big, proven striker and Semenyo was the new striker signing.  

Assombalonga in that game today and we don’t draw IMO. 

If we had Harry Kane we would of won to 

In a nutshell....we were not in for either one of these strikers 

Admittedly as has been mentioned, Pack was poor today.........and losing Korey was disruptive.  But we do on a regular basis squander SO many chances.  I'm a fan of both Diedhou and Weimann, but if we fail to go up this season, it's mainly down to the lack of a goal poacher.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You will, just not next season. 

I'm 74 this August and I don't see it ever happening before I leave this mortal coil. SL will not pay the wages to get quality players and you can't keep relying on bringing young boys on forever, there has to be some experienced quality players in the team as well. This is the blend that will more than likely bring success and I can't see SL changing his attitude ever.

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

And some people still think we didn’t need a big, proven striker and Semenyo was the new striker signing.  

Assombalonga in that game today and we don’t draw IMO. 

It's abundantly clear which area of the team needs investment. Fingers crossed for the summer - a more consistent no.9 and a quality no.10 would transform us. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Today proved what we all know anyway, that bit of extra quality we need is missing. Nothing to do with lack of bottle, whoever thinks that needs to give their head a wobble!!

Absolutely - that phrase is so over used. The championship is an incredibly hard league to get out and we are very competitive.

Just now, WelshRobin said:

We seem to consistently struggle at home against teams in the lower third, I just don't understand it.

It's pretty obvious tbf. 

We don't have anyone with the quality to unlock a defense who stays tight and gives us no room around the penalty area. 

Better sides are more open as they feel more confident of getting wins, and away from home sides go for it more. 

8 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I'm 74 this August and I don't see it ever happening before I leave this mortal coil. SL will not pay the wages to get quality players and you can't keep relying on bringing young boys on forever, there has to be some experienced quality players in the team as well. This is the blend that will more than likely bring success and I can't see SL changing his attitude ever.

I saw City in the First Division too - a bit younger than you at the time though. I believe you will see those days again before you turn 80 - hang on in there!

SL won't pay mega wages because he can't - FFP. But I don't think we need to "break the bank" to get promoted.

Just now, WelshRobin said:

We seem to consistently struggle at home against teams in the lower third, I just don't understand it.

They give us the time and the ball but they also close ranks up and try sit in and be compact, this means all the space we find against the likes of West Brom etc is occupied. Overall we didn’t have the quality of pass to break down the lower league sides as a result. 

That’s why we didn’t beat a lot of lower league sides earlier this season.  

That was such a defensive line up at the start today we just got what we deserved, we let a poor Reading side get there confidence and start to play, we start with the line up that ends the game we win 2 nil today, that's the story of our season Johnson not got the guts to go for it 

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Today proved what we all know anyway, that bit of extra quality we need is missing. Nothing to do with lack of bottle, whoever thinks that needs to give their head a wobble!!

I thought we ‘ lacked that bit of quality ‘ then we turned over Sheff Utd , Boro and West Brom and I thought , just maybe... 

Well I’m back to my previous thought however to still be challenging at this stage of the season is immense for the club and  the staff and players deserve credit, not criticism, for this mighty effort .

Well done City and the fat lady hasn’t arrived on stage just yet.

COYR

5 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Thought we played well today, on the front foot from start. Let down by poor decision making and an abysmal ref. Looked as though the smith foul should have been a red to the other player to me, and he gave an fk the other way! Bonkers.

Played well? In a must win game, thought slow and pedestrian,  again more of possession but most of it in own half. The usual plating across the pitch, slowly, allowing theme to regroup and get back.Can't remember their keeper having much to do and thought they looked more likely to score towards end of game.

Archived