IGNORED

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 42

Mihai

Hi guys. Today is a big day for us like all 5 remaining fixtures. 

Boro has a pretty easy game and we can not lose points against bottom teams like we did with Ipswich and Wigan. Those points are crucial. I don't know if I can find a stream but i will be around here all game.

Hoping for a clean first half with one or two goals. I really want an easy final game, my heart can not take it anymore. 

Good luck to our lads and let's make it !!! Love from Bucharest !!

Feel today is an absolute must win game.Appreciate there are no easy games in this league but if I was to rate all the games we have left this would be the easiest. 

Would love to see us go at them from the start and have confidence in our own ability rather than worry about what they have.

3 points today would set us up nicely and who knows others may drop points. Just hope we're not the ones who lose to a lower team. 

Should be a great atmosphere if the fans get in the game early.

COYR

I’m pretty nervous about today’s game.  They all feel like ‘must wins’ at this stage of the season.  Here’s hoping for a few early City goals and a strong performance. One thing I’ve learnt with City this season is that easier games on paper don’t always turn out that way.  I think the next 8 days will make or break the playoffs dreams of us, boro and Derby.  It’s in our hands guys so 90 minutes of support needed today no matter how the game is going.

Team will be interesting to see, didn't really work having both Taylor and Wiemann on from the start against Villa. Like to see Weimann start up front central with Fammy, m/f of Pack, Brownhill, Eliasson and either Korey (if fit), Kelly or Palmer - definitely not Pato!  

For once at home against a lower half team we need to be at them from the off and move the ball quickly.

I know the term is overused but this really is MUST WIN. 

Reading are not in bad form and still need points to avoid dropping into the bottom 3. We need to really go at them from the start like we did against West Brom and get an early goal. Our home record against teams scrapping against relegation is not great, so a draw wouldn't be a shock, but at this stage of the season, it could be extremely damaging to our playoff hopes.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Team will be interesting to see, didn't really work having both Taylor and Wiemann on from the start against Villa. Like to see Weimann start up front central with Fammy, m/f of Pack, Brownhill, Eliasson and either Korey (if fit), Kelly or Palmer - definitely not Pato!  

For once at home against a lower half team we need to be at them from the off and move the ball quickly.

I know the term is overused but this really is MUST WIN. 

No, Derby is "must win", or at least "must not lose"

None of the other games will be "must win" unless our playoff hopes depends on it. Failure to win today wouldn't end the playoff chances for us.

Potential banana skin today, Reading picked up of late, wins against Preston & Brentford, a 97th min equaliser away @ Norwich. We need the grit and determination of the wins against Sheff Utd and Boro, fast start required, particularly as own recent home form hasn't been the best, certainly for a team in our position. Win and we put pressure on teams below us to match our result, a draw or loss and we hand impetus to others.

Still in our hands!! 3-1 City.

#COYR # OTIB

17 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Potential banana skin today, Reading picked up of late, wins against Preston & Brentford, a 97th min equaliser away @ Norwich. We need the grit and determination of the wins against Sheff Utd and Boro, fast start required, particularly as own recent home form hasn't been the best, certainly for a team in our position. Win and we put pressure on teams below us to match our result, a draw or loss and we hand impetus to others.

Still in our hands!! 3-1 City.

#COYR # OTIB

Tough game as you state they’ve picked up form and results lately. Be good if the 3pm teams go into their games knowing we’ve won!

39 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, Derby is "must win", or at least "must not lose"

None of the other games will be "must win" unless our playoff hopes depends on it. Failure to win today wouldn't end the playoff chances for us.

I think you're taking the phrase way too literally. Try thinking about what people are saying when they say 'must win'. It's an empirical statement not a theoretical one. It's loaded with context.

Archived