Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Mihai

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 42

Feel today is an absolute must win game.Appreciate there are no easy games in this league but if I was to rate all the games we have left this would be the easiest. 

Would love to see us go at them from the start and have confidence in our own ability rather than worry about what they have.

3 points today would set us up nicely and who knows others may drop points. Just hope we're not the ones who lose to a lower team. 

Should be a great atmosphere if the fans get in the game early.

COYR

• Like 2

Who's nervous and who's excited? Ive been biting my nails all week, I'm on to my little toes now 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

Who's nervous and who's excited? Ive been biting my nails all week, I'm on to my little toes now 

I can’t reach my little toes😂

I’m pretty nervous about today’s game.  They all feel like ‘must wins’ at this stage of the season.  Here’s hoping for a few early City goals and a strong performance. One thing I’ve learnt with City this season is that easier games on paper don’t always turn out that way.  I think the next 8 days will make or break the playoffs dreams of us, boro and Derby.  It’s in our hands guys so 90 minutes of support needed today no matter how the game is going.

I think this could be another draw, will be swung by any events such as poor refereeing, red cards or injuries. Our season is going down to the final game.

Team will be interesting to see, didn't really work having both Taylor and Wiemann on from the start against Villa. Like to see Weimann start up front central with Fammy, m/f of Pack, Brownhill, Eliasson and either Korey (if fit), Kelly or Palmer - definitely not Pato!  

For once at home against a lower half team we need to be at them from the off and move the ball quickly.

I know the term is overused but this really is MUST WIN. 

• Like 1

The pessimist in me is bricking it!

how often do city fail to turn up in these games? Big crowd,lots of pressure often ends in disappointment 

• Like 1

Reading are not in bad form and still need points to avoid dropping into the bottom 3. We need to really go at them from the start like we did against West Brom and get an early goal. Our home record against teams scrapping against relegation is not great, so a draw wouldn't be a shock, but at this stage of the season, it could be extremely damaging to our playoff hopes.

43 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

The pessimist in me is bricking it!

how often do city fail to turn up in these games? Big crowd,lots of pressure often ends in disappointment 

My thoughts exactly. Add in a strange kick off time and it's got tedious and a struggle written all over it. 

• Like 1

My first matchday topic started by me. This will be our day i m a talisman haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Team will be interesting to see, didn't really work having both Taylor and Wiemann on from the start against Villa. Like to see Weimann start up front central with Fammy, m/f of Pack, Brownhill, Eliasson and either Korey (if fit), Kelly or Palmer - definitely not Pato!  

For once at home against a lower half team we need to be at them from the off and move the ball quickly.

I know the term is overused but this really is MUST WIN. 

No, Derby is "must win", or at least "must not lose"

None of the other games will be "must win" unless our playoff hopes depends on it. Failure to win today wouldn't end the playoff chances for us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 1

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

None of the other games will be "must win" unless our playoff hopes depends on it. Failure to win today wouldn't end the playoff chances for us.

True, massive difference between must win and want to win

• Like 2

Hoping to see Korey Smith back today as I think he makes a huge difference.

Will be interesting to see what formation LJ goes with. Weimann needs to be up front not out wide imo. Not sure how we'll set up so I doubt Reading are either, which can't be bad.

Potential banana skin today, Reading picked up of late, wins against Preston & Brentford, a 97th min equaliser away @ Norwich. We need the grit and determination of the wins against Sheff Utd and Boro, fast start required, particularly as own recent home form hasn't been the best, certainly for a team in our position. Win and we put pressure on teams below us to match our result, a draw or loss and we hand impetus to others.

Still in our hands!! 3-1 City.

#COYR # OTIB

17 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Potential banana skin today, Reading picked up of late, wins against Preston & Brentford, a 97th min equaliser away @ Norwich. We need the grit and determination of the wins against Sheff Utd and Boro, fast start required, particularly as own recent home form hasn't been the best, certainly for a team in our position. Win and we put pressure on teams below us to match our result, a draw or loss and we hand impetus to others.

Still in our hands!! 3-1 City.

#COYR # OTIB

Tough game as you state they’ve picked up form and results lately. Be good if the 3pm teams go into their games knowing we’ve won!

Multumiri @Mihai :)

Home form is terrible and I hate playing lower sides as they will throw the kitchen sink at us.

1-1. We have to be super careful today. COYRs!

• Flames 1

39 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think you're taking the phrase way too literally. Try thinking about what people are saying when they say 'must win'. It's an empirical statement not a theoretical one. It's loaded with context.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

My first matchday topic started by me. This will be our day i m a talisman haha

On the other hand, should we lose..........

Hello from Barbados where it’s 5 am 

This will certainly not be an easy game, as of course there is no such thing in the Championship. I am very sorry but my sense is that Reading will win 2-1, hope I’m proved wrong. Notice that currently I’m the only one on the prediction league suggesting we lose. 

There was a power cut here yesterday so hoping that there is no repeat of that, so I can get onto BCTV. Although my nerves are in shreds when I can watch it live it would be much worse if I couldn’t see it unfold.

Hope Korey can play a part today.

COYR.

59 minutes ago, 22A said:

Wow! Their fans not only predict the score, but also the times when the goals go in and the scorers.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185857&sid=6d32a910b525f7f4eac0b1356b0fb875 

This prediction looks like a good bet 

Bristol 0-1 Reading HT
Bristol 3-1 Reading FT

• Like 1

In the context of Bristol City seasons of the last 20 years, these last games of the season are about as big as they get, and Reading at home is about as ‘need to win’ as they get too. 

So, whilst our play-off hopes aren’t over should we not be victorious, it very much IS a must-win in my opinion. 

• Like 4

COME ON YOU REDS !!

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mihai 

just popped in to see the pre match news

Assuming you are totally genuine, (which you appear to be )

If we were to make the PO Final I will pay for your flight from Bucharest

Im sure between us we can make sure you have a ticket too

Keep the faith,  and big respect

I'd happily chip in to that as well, as I'm sure many others would. 

Great to see @Mihai on here supporting us from Romania

COYR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If we win, then I reckon others around us will drop points.

If we drop points, then the others around us will win.

Think LJ needs to get Weimann alongside Fam today.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mihai 

Welcome back Bob.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mihai 

WOW ! You know what ? You made me have gosebumps with your message. That would be one of my best days in my life and for sure it would mean so much. 

Thank you so much for your message ! I have faith, I always have even if sometimes I get angry and I may say stupid things. I wake up next morning and my faith is is back.

Let's have a great day !!!

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mihai 

Welcome back fella!

32 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd happily chip in to that as well, as I'm sure many others would. 

Great to see @Mihai on here supporting us from Romania

COYR

Yep I'll chip in as well. Lived in Bucharest in the 90's. Great people, great country. Vodka for breakfast I remember!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Only Upper Lansdown seats left at the moment, so should be a big crowd, I’m calling it, we will win comfortably 3-0

A2C15E7C-0DAA-4223-B459-077A5D5911DF.png

"win comfortably at home" is a term with which City fans are not familiar.

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mihai 

The prodigal returns!

It a shambles on the train coming up from Weston ,the 1010 had the Parson Street stop removed as it was late even though there where about 50 city waiting for it, on the 1043 now it's making an extra stop but was full and standing out of Milton with no one able to get in at Worle, really hope everyone makes kick off as GWR leaving a lot of city fans on the platforms unable to get on the train,