Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Mihai

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 42

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Quite possibly the latter, but you’ll struggle to convince me that he’s more rubbish in goal than any one of our 7 (seven!) outfield players, 4 of whom are guaranteed not to feature.

I don't think Johnson would take the risk unless he had a good backup. Do we have any outfield player who can cover?

1 minute ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I don't think Johnson would take the risk unless he had a good backup. Do we have any outfield player who can cover?

Seriously?! ANY outfield player with ZERO professional experience in goal is NOT good backup.

Marinovic for all his faults has played 100s of games and represented a team that has qualified for world cups.

It’s madness.

Not sure the BBC have quite got the hang of this one...

“It's all Sheffield United at the moment. About 80% possession in the first eight or so minutes. Tomas Kalas has just gone close with a header that was well saved by Emiliano Martinez.

Remember, second place is up for grabs for the Blades, albeit it could be a very brief stay.”

Edited by cityexile

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Jesus! We almost gave them a goal with that mistake in defence from Webster!

Webster? thought it was smith who fudged that 

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I think you're taking the phrase way too literally. Try thinking about what people are saying when they say 'must win'. It's an empirical statement not a theoretical one. It's loaded with context.

Even with context the game isn't must win

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Even with context the game isn't must win

Every game atm is must win unless we want to invite more pressure onto ourselves.

• Like 1

Game settled down to Reading happy to gift us possession, wait for a mistake, then get forward very quickly. In fairness they are making a pretty good fist of it, and look at least as dangerous as us.

Good solid start but we look so slow down the right hand side 

Hunt just isn't a wing back for me. We really could do with someone who can get at their full backs down that side 

Reading has sussed out our passing, we go back to the centre backs and then switch the play for a diagonal long ball, it's very predictable atm, we really need to mix it up a bit. 

I love Smith but I'm genuinely worried about his career, he seems to have no luck with injuries at all!

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Smith could be sent off never mind the injury...

Losing this game would be awful but losing Korey permanently would be a huge blow, the lad is an amazing talent. I'd rather he was sent off and is ok than isn't sent off and his ACL is gone again.

Just now, petehinton said:

Korey smashed by their midfielder on his bad knee. Looks bad. 

Was the awkward landing caused by the reading guy colliding with him in the air. Showed the replay on BCTV. 

Aside: anyone know who's doing the co-comm on BCTV? It's 6.30am where I am and I can't figure it out.

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Bad foul on Korey, who'd down injured. 😧

hmm, ref saw it the other way, Korey did have foot and studs up... fingers crossed no red card!

Edited by old_eastender
  • Confused 1

Just now, intercity said:

right call to me, dont know why Korey went in like that - poor tackle. Hope he's going to be ok.

Looked like a particularly nasty 50:50 to me. Should be a drop ball

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

Bad tackle on Korey, who got injured. 😧

It wasn’t a bad tackle, it was a 50:50 ball with both trying honestly to win it. Korey got there a fraction later.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Was the awkward landing caused by the reading guy colliding with him in the air. Showed the replay on BCTV. 

Aside: anyone know who's doing the co-comm on BCTV? It's 6.30am where I am and I can't figure it out.

Chris Honor

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Newquay-Red said:

Looked like a particularly nasty 50:50 to me. Should be a drop ball

I think if I were a Reading fan I'd be pretty annoyed Korey didnt get a card of some sort.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Couldn’t work it out either, my guess was o dowda or pato