Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Mihai

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 42

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Once again great opportunity to play Fammy in and Pack overhits it... him and Hunt have been rubbish today.

Pack's passing in the opposition half - awful today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

Another shit referee today: he never gave us FK...

Nooooo, Mattyyyyy!!

Can't always blame it on the Ref all the time, if we don't take our chances we won't win, it's as simple as that.

Ft

Set up all wrong, nobody who could unlock their defence. 

Fair play to reading, good away performance, set up to frustrate and take us out on the break and deserved their point. 

Referee was awful but didn't affect the game. 

On to Sheff Wednesday 

How has the ref not given a card for Walsh being bundled down and kneed in the face. Johnson will be getting another letter from the referee's association then!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can't always blame it on the Ref all the time, if we don't take our chances we won't win, it's as simple as that.

I'm not blaming him, but it's a fact that he didn't gave us 5-6 clear FK. And a FK can become a good chance, especially in a difficult game.

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Pack lets us down again. Give him a rest and start Walsh and Brownhill.

Agreed, Pack has played every league game this season, needs a good rest.

Not happy, city balls it up same as usual, 

bringing on matty taylor is a sure sign we arent going to score, how him and hunt have made it as championship footballers god only knows

• Like 1

1. Piss poor passing all day.. Pack.... Hunt... The commentators talk about "lack of quality".. It has nothing to do with quality. Sunday League.. Totally piss poor. Johnson gave the game away with the starting eleven.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 1

4 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Another shit referee today: he never gave us FK...

Nooooo, Mattyyyyy!!

The ref didn’t force our players to overhit every pass and every cross 

• Like 6

Just now, simon uk said:

Not happy, city balls it up same as usual, 

bringing on matty taylor is a sure sign we arent going to score, how him and hunt have made it as championship footballers god only knows

Hunt is a good right wing back, one poor performance doesn't change that

• Like 2

Fckn crap tactics two games in a row. Ripping up our away masterclass to go for a very over attacking line up v Villa when we didnt need to win. Then reverting back to over defensive at home to a lowly team.

4-5-1 on Monday please Johnson and get us back to our winning controlled away form.

Ho hum. Played worse this season and really a game we created enough to win. Poor poor final balls all game letting us down, Pack looks played out, and Hunt not able to cross for toffee all game. Disappointing result, but cannot say I am surprised. 

We dont appear to have the quality to rip these teams apart like we should be doing . When teams turn up at the gate and try to play to win we do them but in fairness readings counter attacking football got a point today . Dont like the formation were playing at home 

It’s a point in the end. Not sure if my overall emotion is relief, as in the last ten minutes Reading looked the more likely to score, or frustration, given our inability to be more creative/convert a chance.

Really hoping there is some positive news re Korey.

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Fail to beat Ipswich, Wigan, Reading, Milwall and only just beat 9 men Rotherham.

Our own fault if we don't make it.

Still haven't got the quality to make it to the Prem and I think I will never see it in my lifetime. Only ever seen them in the heady days of the old First Division and will have to make do with that.

• Like 4

Where the pheck do they find these refs?  It's either from the retirement home for the permanently bewildered or from behind a bush in the garden of demented souls?  The standard is appalling, does VAR stand for Virtually Addled Referee?

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

He really isnt

He really is. 

Good going forward and solid enough defensively. 

Just because he had a poor game today that doesn't change

• Like 1

We really should have won that, but didn't deserve to.... if that makes any sense! Relying on other results now to avoid dropping out of the top six, which is never ideal.

Disappointment and frustration, that's the Bristol City way.

And some people still think we didn’t need a big, proven striker and Semenyo was the new striker signing.  

Assombalonga in that game today and we don’t draw IMO. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Fail to beat Ipswich, Wigan, Reading, Milwall and only just beat 9 men Rotherham.

Our own fault if we don't make it.

Was just about to post the same re: Wigan, Ipswich, and today. Thing is, the way the end of season is panning out, all the games have something riding on them, they're not meaningless. A point is better than nothing but really, it's 2 dropped.  Still a twist n turn yet methinks....

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Still haven't got the quality to make it to the Prem and I think I will never see it in my lifetime. Only ever seen them in the heady days of the old First Division and will have to make do with that.

It  can happen if we give Walsh and Morrell the chance in central midfield and Semenyo the chance at top. Look what happened to Max. Our problem is that we have alwyas killed youth overpaying total shit. WE ARE NOT PLAYING OUR BEST TEAM 

Edited by bristolcitysweden

2 points lost today rather than 3 gained. 

We never really looked as if we were up for it....I thought our goal looked as opportunistic as theirs.......

Bitterly disappointed watching city players rugby tackling opposition players......I can't complain that we lack passion....but not the actions of players that play for a team who (wrongly) is being investigated for uncontrollable players. I'm not oblivious to what happens to our players.....I know they are getting kicked all over the park.....but we should be better than that. . 

I'd rather lose than win by cheating..... 

Sadly we lack the killer instinct in the final third.....could have finished it in the first half.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

And some people still think we didn’t need a big, proven striker and Semenyo was the new striker signing.  

If we had Harry Kane we would of won to 

In a nutshell....we were not in for either one of these strikers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admittedly as has been mentioned, Pack was poor today.........and losing Korey was disruptive.  But we do on a regular basis squander SO many chances.  I'm a fan of both Diedhou and Weimann, but if we fail to go up this season, it's mainly down to the lack of a goal poacher.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If we had Harry Kane we would of won to 

In a nutshell....we were not in for either one of these strikers 

We were in for Assombalonga and Hogan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You will, just not next season. 

I'm 74 this August and I don't see it ever happening before I leave this mortal coil. SL will not pay the wages to get quality players and you can't keep relying on bringing young boys on forever, there has to be some experienced quality players in the team as well. This is the blend that will more than likely bring success and I can't see SL changing his attitude ever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It's abundantly clear which area of the team needs investment. Fingers crossed for the summer - a more consistent no.9 and a quality no.10 would transform us. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's abundantly clear which area of the team needs investment. Fingers crossed for the summer - a more consistent no.9 and a quality no.10 would transform us. 

Can you see this happening when SL won't pay the wages!

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We were in for Assombalonga and Hogan

All rumours. 

Nobody knows for certain bar club officials...

Today proved what we all know anyway, that bit of extra quality we need is missing. Nothing to do with lack of bottle, whoever thinks that needs to give their head a wobble!!

• Like 2