IGNORED

Next season

old_eastender

If as now seems likely we are still in the Championship next season and we want to progress, we simply have to find replacements for Pack and Hunt. 

Pack is an ok defensive midfielder, but today was a prime example of how poor his forward passing is and his lack of pace is never going to improve.

Hunt has looked decent at times coming forward, but always looks susceptible defensively and today his crossing was woeful.

Just now, old_eastender said:

If as now seems likely we are still in the Championship next season and we want to progress, we simply have to find replacements for Pack and Hunt. 

Pack is an ok defensive midfielder, but today was a prime example of how poor his forward passing is and his lack of pace is never going to improve.

Hunt has looked decent at times coming forward, but always looks susceptible defensively and today his crossing was woeful.

Here we go....have you seen the league table?

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

league position has naff all to do with it

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

If as now seems likely we are still in the Championship next season

I'd say league position does have something to do with it given there's still a chance we won't be in this division next season....

Just now, hodge said:

I'd say league position does have something to do with it given there's still a chance we won't be in this division next season....

If we do manage to get promoted, it would be even more imperative we replaced Pack and Hunt - they are bottom half Championship quality at best.

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Quite right...need to hone the squad & add a bit more quality..

Striker, c-mid, right back needed..keep Kala's & Dasilva if possible..

Hunt, Wright, Pack, Watkins- thank you but goodbye.

Harsh on Hunt. Championship fullback  probably one of the toughest positions to play. Think id you read other forums you’d see not many happy with them. Hunt super experienced and will make the right choice 98% of the time. Crossing was horrendous today though. 

Think Pack is a dying breed. Slow midfielders will start phasing out imo. In the championship especially where the tempo is quite high. 

24 minutes ago, hodge said:

Weird I thought we were still in 6th at the moment and worst off today 7th by 1 point with a game in hand....

What's the point of being all sarcy? The OP is making some valid points. We probably will be in the Championship next season, and we will need to strengthen and replace weaker players if we want to go one better.

Typical OTIB.

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yep, no chance motm. 

Tbh everyone bar O'leary, Webster and kalas had a shocker

What I cannot understand is so many of the team playing poorly in such an important game. It is a problem that seems to be unsolvable at the moment by the management.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

What's the point of being all sarcy? The OP is making some valid points. We probably will be in the Championship next season, and we will need to strengthen and replace weaker players if we want to go one better.

Typical OTIB.

Because we still have a very good chance of making the play offs, game in hand we can still be in the top 6. More people who say we'll still be championship next season is less belief in us being able to make the play offs, so much for fans of this club saying always believe....

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Because we still have a very good chance of making the play offs, game in hand we can still be in the top 6. More people who say we'll still be championship next season is less belief in us being able to make the play offs, so much for fans of this club saying always believe.... 

So we aren't allowed to assess players performances and talk about where we need to progress, because of our league position? Righty ho.

As I said, typical OTIB..

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

So we aren't allowed to assess players performances and talk about where we need to progress, because of our league position? Righty ho.

As I said, typical OTIB..

Haven't said that at all :laugh: just a case the post was seemingly writing us off for play offs when we still occupy one of the spaces. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

That lack of belief is completely reflected on the pitch. Seemingly. 

At no stage of that game would we of looked like a top 6 team to the casual observer. 

40 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Attention seeking nonsense?

38 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Now is the time to get behind the lads as they give their all for the chance to go up not witch-hunting to bring them down .

I’m sure they all know how well or not they’ve  done and I won’t criticise them for lack of world beating skills when they are running through walls for the club.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Haven't said that at all :laugh: just a case the post was seemingly writing us off for play offs when we still occupy one of the spaces. 

It wasn't a post writing off our promotion chances though was it? It was talking about where we need to improve in order to progress. Yes, he mentioned we will probably still be in the Championship next season, but I think that's a fair assessment given the playoffs is a 1/4 lottery, we still have work to do to reach them and we'd be up against very strong opposition.

Maybe don't post such snidy comments next time eh!!

I half agree with the OP as still don't know what league we will be playing in , but I do think it's time to look at moving pack on still a good player but with a lot of miles in his legs and not getting any younger, think we have seen him at his peak not sure we will see those heights again, as for Hunt sorry we have seen many players against us this year in his position which are better he's cover not a starter at this level

Archived