IGNORED

Still in the top six , for now

Major Isewater

Whatever happens now, we have done way better than I thought we would. We are now a serious Championship team, this is a very young side. If we can keep this squad together and make one or two improvements, I reckon that next year, with a young team but one year older, we could have a real tilt at automatic promotion. 

Certainly,no one laughs any more if a pundit tips us for promotion  

I like that. 

Can see Derby losing or drawing - but as I feared these ‘winnable’ games slipping into draws will open the door to Boro and I expect them to take the gift at home to Stoke today.

Perhaps that will help us, being the hunter again, where we’ve been much better than being the hunted. Put the pressure back on Boro.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Can see Derby losing or drawing - but as I feared these ‘winnable’ games slipping into draws will open the door to Boro and I expect them to take the gift at home to Stoke today.

Perhaps that will help us, being the hunter again, where we’ve been much better than being the hunted. Put the pressure back on Boro.

They've lost two key defenders through injury......you never know...

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yep, despite the underwhelming result today we’re still clinging onto the top six .

Just Derby or Boro who can overtake us this Friday.

We really need a win on Monday as we are stuttering again.

Have a good look & enjoy the top six view for the 'now dear old thing..

We shan't see it again this season.

1 minute ago, Robert the bruce said:

Have a good look & enjoy the top six view for the 'now dear old thing..

We shan't see it again this season.

Amazing how people can make such predictions when we are 2 points clear of 7th having played the same number of games... 

This is the time of the season when promotion chasing teams often slip up and relegation threatened teams often pull off unexpected results. Maybe Boro are through their wobble now but I'd not be surprised if none of Derby, Villa or Boro ended the Easter weekend with 6 points from games or if Hull or - and we're in real trouble if this is the case - Wednesday ended the weekend back in the Promotion picture.

The last two results have been bad but not fatal. However I do think we now need to beat Wednesday and Derby, which will be no easy task. 

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Think Boro have 6th to be honest, reading and Rotherham at home their final two fixtures. ******* gutted 

You think Reading at home is a banker 3 points for Boro? Did you go to todays game? Did you see the problems that they caused us? Going to Rotherham on the final day who will hopefully need a result to stay up isn't going to be easy for them either.

5 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Think Boro have 6th to be honest, reading and Rotherham at home their final two fixtures. ******* gutted 

Rotherham are winning away at Swansea atm, if they still have something to fight for I don't think that will be an easy game.

Archived