IGNORED

Still in the top six , for now

Major Isewater

It’s in our hands , IF we win all our games we finish sixth. 

Its up to us:

Boro’s fixtures:

Forest (a)

Reading (h)

Rotherham (a)

Last two fixtures against teams with something to play for, as seen today with Leeds & Wigan no result is guaranteed 

8 hours ago, daored said:

It’s in our hands , IF we win all our games we finish sixth. 

Its up to us:

Boro’s fixtures:

Forest (a)

Reading (h)

Rotherham (a)

Last two fixtures against teams with something to play for, as seen today with Leeds & Wigan no result is guaranteed 

Reading's last 3 games, draw away to us, beat Brentford at home 3-1 and draw 2-2 away at Norwich, they won't be an easy game for Boro, Rotherham went out and pushed Swansea close, they do have it in them to score and a team like boro who try to keep it tight but don't score masses of goals could be ideal for them if they can grab one or two. Forest have the quality very much just a case of who turns up for them. I don't think Boro will pick up 9 points so comes down to our game with Derby really.

5 hours ago, hodge said:

Reading's last 3 games, draw away to us, beat Brentford at home 3-1 and draw 2-2 away at Norwich, they won't be an easy game for Boro, Rotherham went out and pushed Swansea close, they do have it in them to score and a team like boro who try to keep it tight but don't score masses of goals could be ideal for them if they can grab one or two. Forest have the quality very much just a case of who turns up for them. I don't think Boro will pick up 9 points so comes down to our game with Derby really.

Reading might be safe by then in which case it would depend if they still play with the same intensity.

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Reading might be safe by then in which case it would depend if they still play with the same intensity.

Just need WBA to beat Reading in Monday so that they still have something to play for at Boro on Sat ?

Then, need Rotherham to beat Brum at home on Monday so that they claw-back Millwall and Reading!

All if’s and but’s......but think that the home draws against Reading and especially Wigan will end up costing us a top six finish ?

5 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Just need WBA to beat Reading in Monday so that they still have something to play for at Boro on Sat ?

Then, need Rotherham to beat Brum at home on Monday so that they claw-back Millwall and Reading!

All if’s and but’s......but think that the home draws against Reading and especially Wigan will end up costing us a top six finish ?

I think you might be right when we look back but IMO only one point from Ipswich and Brum at home will be the deciding factor - if we`d got another three points from those two things would be a lot rosier - although you can look at any game we didn`t win and say the same I suppose.

Middlesbrough lost at home to Brentford, drew with Millwall and Rotherham at home, drew away at Wigan. Derby lost to Millwall at home, drew away at Ipswich, lost away at Bolton, Millwall and Rotherham so its not just us saying 'if we'd only got more points' against whatever team

On 19/04/2019 at 08:38, pillred said:

We don't need a keeper, did you see Max at Villa or today?

I did see him. The need for a new keeper has nothing to do with his performance at Villa.

Fairly certain FF/NM out of contact in the summer. 

So that makes signing a keeper a priority. 

What we have left:

Sheff W v Bristol City

Derby v Bristol City

Millwall v Bristol City

Hull v Bristol City

There's one team in that fixture list that worries me more than the rest, and it's the same team that has worried me for the last 50 years! 

5 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

I did see him. The need for a new keeper has nothing to do with his performance at Villa.

Fairly certain FF/NM out of contact in the summer. 

So that makes signing a keeper a priority. 

I expect we will offer NM a new contract, max has proved he has what it takes so why would we need 3 keepers (yes I know what happened earlier) rather spend the money on a decent striker.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

What we have left:

Sheff W v Bristol City

Derby v Bristol City

Millwall v Bristol City

Hull v Bristol City

There's one team in that fixture list that worries me more than the rest, and it's the same team that has worried me for the last 50 years! 

Hull? 

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It was a rather pitiful attempt at humour... 

I'd imagine the team you are talking about play in red and white and have a man who lives in Knowle up front? 

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, pillred said:

I expect we will offer NM a new contract, max has proved he has what it takes so why would we need 3 keepers (yes I know what happened earlier) rather spend the money on a decent striker.

A lot has to happen before NM puts pen to paper. I am sure we are looking at the open market for a keeper. If the right kind of player is available I am sure we will go for it on a longer term contract. Just my thought. 

Archived