IGNORED

No End Product

cityfan

Today, City played neat passing football, pretty much side to side and tried to be too intricate when at the 18 yard box with barely any shooting effort in that area.

Webster, Da Silva and Hunt couldn't deliver a ball all day and poor old Famara gets no service whatsoever, simply acting as an old style centre forward with balls to his head and his back to goal.  It is a total waste playing him this way; how is he supposed to score.

There was no force and intensity with City and to be fair, Reading poor though they were, could have had a couple of goals in the first half.

City will have to do much better than that for the play-off's and better still to compete in them.

1 minute ago, cityfan said:

Today, City played neat passing football, pretty much side to side and tried to be too intricate when at the 18 yard box with barely any shooting effort in that area.

Webster, Da Silva and Hunt couldn't deliver a ball all day and poor old Famara gets no service whatsoever, simply acting as an old style centre forward with balls to his head and his back to goal.  It is a total waste playing him this way; how is he supposed to score.

There was no force and intensity with City and to be fair, Reading poor though they were, could have had a couple of goals in the first half.

City will have to do much better than that for the play-off's and better still to compete in them.

Don't think Famara put a shift in at all. Looked totally disinterested. At least Weimann dropped off on occasions.

But yep, lack of quality. Need quality in summer to build on this season. 

• The title was changed to No End Product
5 minutes ago, Lez said:

Don't think Famara put a shift in at all. Looked totally disinterested. At least Weimann dropped off on occasions.

Unfair on famara, we all know he isnt messi, but hes game, and the crosses and passes into him were pathetic, he had no chance

Just now, simon uk said:

Unfair on famara, we all know he isnt messi, but hes game, and the crosses and passes into him were pathetic, he had no chance

No I agree to an extent. I don't think he put a shift in though....

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think Reading defended very well. Their defence and goalkeeper dealt with the crosses in pretty much every time apart from the goal that was too good from Eliasson for them to cope with. Goalkeeper came and caught numerous times.

I see no reason why eliasson doesnt start, his whipped crosses are so dangerous, compared to the overhit rubbish that we were coming up with all game today

44 minutes ago, Lez said:

Don't agree with that.

Diedhiou didn't have a fantastic game by any stretch, but he chased everything. Can't call that disinterested.

1 hour ago, cityfan said:

Exactly my thoughts. Eliasson the only decent crosser we have....

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think Reading defended very well. Their defence and goalkeeper dealt with the crosses in pretty much every time apart from the goal that was too good from Eliasson for them to cope with. Goalkeeper came and caught numerous times.

And that’s part of the problem - we kept persisting with the same tactic time and again.

Apart from the goal itself we got no change from the CB’s and keeper.

14 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Reading very solid at the back. Actually thought it would be Fam pulled for Taylor. We struggled to pull their back four about and create space, especially in the 2nd half 

That's why I can't understand that Palmer didn't come on. Pack and Walsh played nice safe passes, with little effect. Palmer stretches defences and works well with Weimann, as demonstrated against Forest and Sheffield United. It was so predictable in the second half, countless crosses spooned into the box and easily caught by Reading's Martinez. The one decent delivery resulted in a goal.

Oh well, at least we play better away, and with City, anything can happen.

Thought we played well apart from the finishing, should have had at least 1 if not 2 goals from the chances we created in 1st half alone. Our weakness this season is the lack of a regular goalscorer if we had one of those then we'd be pushing the top 2, I'm sure it'll be addressed before the start of next season whichever league we're playing in.

27 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

That's why I can't understand that Palmer didn't come on. Pack and Walsh played nice safe passes, with little effect. Palmer stretches defences and works well with Weimann, as demonstrated against Forest and Sheffield United. It was so predictable in the second half, countless crosses spooned into the box and easily caught by Reading's Martinez. The one decent delivery resulted in a goal.

Oh well, at least we play better away, and with City, anything can happen.

I agree and I’m unsure why Palmer hasn’t started a home league game especially against the likes of Wigan/Reading where we want to be on the front foot. Perhaps doesn’t 100% totally trust the defensive side of his game.

Archived